Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert bluray from one region to another

• 19-05-2019 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi folks,

I recently made a boo-boo when buying a film on bluray. In all my excitement of buying, I forgot that I have recently replaced my player. Whereas my previous bluray player was region-free, it turns out that my current one isn't, and now I can't watch the film. Is there any way of getting it converted from region A to region B? I tried to google it, but nothing useful came up. I absolutely don't mind if the conversion is on a separate disc as I still have legitimately paid for the film.

I appreciate all helpful suggestions!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Folks,

Please note the Stickey at the top of the HE Forums - any discussion of getting/downloading movies/media/anything that you don'y have rights to is forbidden here - deletion, infraction and bans in the case of persistence will follow.

pami 81,

I'm not aware of any legitimate services offering to reproduce a disc in a different Region Code - in any event I don't see the rights holders agreeing to allow this. Although you have a region A copy of the movie, it doesn't entitle you, for instance, to obtain a region B copy from the net other than from a legitimate rights holder such as Netflix or Amazon.

The obvious answer to your situation is to return the Region 1 disc to whoever you bought it from and order a Region 2 disc instead.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What make player is it OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pami_81

spurious wrote: »
    What make player is it OP?

It's a Phillips.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

What movie is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pami_81

rednik wrote: »
    What movie is it?

Hard Core Logo. I'm having tough time finding it in any format.

• Advertisement
Advertisement