Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

YNWA27 wrote: »
    Those who wish us harm will know this stuff already so not like they don't know.

Bit of a deterrent actually isn't it?

Exactly, I’d rather people were aware and stayed well clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cherryapple444

Everybodyyyyyy knows peelers carry off duty it’s not a secret. This thread could do with lightening up!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 L85a3

Gymshark wrote: »
    If everyone knows then why would he need to ask? You don’t know who you are talking to on here, coming from a job with an already heightened security risk, I know this not something that should be discussed on a public forum!

PSNI recruitment and training probably shouldn't be discussed in open forums either.... but here we all are lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Gymshark wrote: »

If everyone knows then why would he need to ask? You don’t know who you are talking to on here, coming from a job with an already heightened security risk, I know this not something that should be discussed on a public forum!

Lived with the threat my entire life matey.

Bouncing on someone for asking an innocent question that is already well known to those who wish us harm, under the guise of "security risk" is quite bad taste.

We are here to support one another in a very lonely process. No need for it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

Hi all,

Just got results for 1810 AC, passed with 65 so hopefully i’ll get through ok.

Anyone know roughly how long it took for mid sixties result in the 1710 campaign from ac result to appointment as a student officer?

I reckon at least a year??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Well done!65 is a good score.
    Your merit list position would be a better indicator of how soon you’ll be called but a year would be a decent estimate to start with

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cherryapple444

Cml29 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just got results for 1810 AC, passed with 65 so hopefully i’ll get through ok.

Anyone know roughly how long it took for mid sixties result in the 1710 campaign from ac result to appointment as a student officer?

I reckon at least a year??

It all depends on how others scored, I got high sixties in 1710 and was fast tracked so it’s hard to tell

Adam261 wrote: »
    Well done!65 is a good score.
    Your merit list position would be a better indicator of how soon you’ll be called but a year would be a decent estimate to start with

Ah yeah suppose i reach out on this forum again with a merit list position whenever we receive it. Thanks for the reply ! :):)

It all depends on how others scored, I got high sixties in 1710 and was fast tracked so it’s hard to tell

Yeah fair point, my mate got 70 and hasn't been fast tracked this year, but maybe they are fast tracking far less this time round as 1710 was first campaign in a few years. Thanks for the reply !

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Starsky1

Disappointed there was no 1710 recruitment update :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 CrillyCronker

I got the call today ML 760 -770!! Was not expecting it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CupChase

Got the call earlier too. Over the moon. 765-775

Great to here

Thanks for the update, I am getting v close

This makes sense as to why the 1710 news wasn't updated as calls were still going out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Orbital1

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sades89

When are you starting? Massive congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CrillyCronker

Thank you everyone, much appreciated! I wish all who are awaiting the call and those who have the final stages to complete the best of luck! The call I received was for a June start, so fingers crossed it won’t be long for you all!

Thank you everyone, much appreciated! I wish all who are awaiting the call and those who have the final stages to complete the best of luck! The call I received was for a June start, so fingers crossed it won’t be long for you all!

Thanks for confirming :)

I wish they would hurry up and confirm more classes

Guys

I emailed psni recruitment and they said they anticipate further classes over the summer months

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CR4SSF1TGUY

As in July?

• Advertisement

As in July?

Yup!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RedtopXCV

Hi guys, I’m part of the latest campaign and passed the AC and have scored between 59-65. Is there any one else who scored this in the 1710 campaign who can give me a rough idea of where you were placed on the merit list and if you have received a call to start? Many thanks!

RedtopXCV wrote: »
    Hi guys, I’m part of the latest campaign and passed the AC and have scored between 59-65. Is there any one else who scored this in the 1710 campaign who can give me a rough idea of where you were placed on the merit list and if you have received a call to start? Many thanks!

Unfortunately we can't help you. Once you receive your merit bracket come back and maybe we can give you a good indication on a time scale. Grade boundaries are set based on the average scoring of candidates. Your campaign may have a much higher number of 59-69 scores which will make the position of each individuals merit number differ from ours. Sit tight and await your merit number, if you scored below a B you will have alot of waiting to do. Some of us are only getting appointed now, almost two years down the line.

Wait for your next appointment and focus on each one as a goal. It will make the whole process alot less painful.

Is there many still waiting for their vetting to clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

Orbital1 wrote: »
    RedtopXCV wrote: »

Unfortunately we can't help you. Once you receive your merit bracket come back and maybe we can give you a good indication on a time scale. Grade boundaries are set based on the average scoring of candidates. Your campaign may have a much higher number of 59-69 scores which will make the position of each individuals merit number differ from ours. Sit tight and await your merit number, if you scored below a B you will have alot of waiting to do. Some of us are only getting appointed now, almost two years down the line.

Wait for your next appointment and focus on each one as a goal. It will make the whole process alot less painful.
    Thats such good advice. I am trying to settle myself and enjoy the process and get myself prepared for each part as it comes up.

Toots123 wrote: »
    Thats such good advice. I am trying to settle myself and enjoy the process and get myself prepared for each part as it comes up.

Honestly, the best thing to do is just focus on each appointment as it comes, apply yourself fully and don't let the thought of waiting or other things get in your way. Your pca is up to you and you only! Get your head down and train! Crossfit and jogging are great ways to prep. Don't worry your head if it's meant it be it will happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 B00724991 mc

Passed every stage and awaiting vetting to come through does anyone know if u receive confirmation of vetting via email and average time it generally can take??? Buzzing been waiting 2 years just to reach this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4 darren1919

Courses confirmed right through the year guys. Everyone will get a call all being well. Yyeeaaahhh.

Passed every stage and awaiting vetting to come through does anyone know if u receive confirmation of vetting via email and average time it generally can take??? Buzzing been waiting 2 years just to reach this stage

Vetting is confirmed by email sir!

• Advertisement

Who Is exicted about that last email?

Advertisement