Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

travelling to St. James'

• 19-05-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,
    I must travel from Kerry to St. James' hospital tomorrow, have never been there before, so guessing the best option would be drive to the red cow park and ride and get the Luas from there to st. James'

I have a few queries I could do with help on please.

1. how difficult is it get into the red cow park and ride car park coming from Kerry/limerick side, I haven't been there in years since the rejigged the roundabout.

2. is there a possibility the car park would be full

3. would you recommend using the parking app to pay in advance.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

etar wrote: »
    Hi,
    I must travel from Kerry to St. James' hospital tomorrow, have never been there before, so guessing the best option would be drive to the red cow park and ride and get the Luas from there to st. James'

I have a few queries I could do with help on please.

1. how difficult is it get into the red cow park and ride car park coming from Kerry/limerick side, I haven't been there in years since the rejigged the roundabout.

2. is there a possibility the car park would be full

3. would you recommend using the parking app to pay in advance.

thanks in advance.

It’s grand you just come off just before the m50 turn and go over the bridge, it might be busy enough tomorrow depending on what time you’re down but I’ve never not been able to get a spot there might wanna give yourself extra time though as the traffic can be awful st peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Give yourself extra time as the traffic on the M/N7 is very bad during rush hour. If you don't want to risk the Red Cow Luas Park and Ride, the Cheeverstown Park and Ride always has spaces. Come off the N7 at Kingswood.

https://luas.ie/cheeverstown-p-and-r.html

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If getting the train suits, St. James's Hospital is one stop away from Heuston Station on the Laus Red Line. Booking online tends to be much cheaper than paying at the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Victor wrote: »
    If getting the train suits, St. James's Hospital is one stop away from Heuston Station on the Laus Red Line. Booking online tends to be much cheaper than paying at the station.

Yeah, it's around a 10 minute walk. Would be a less stressful way of doing it.

Advertisement