Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Arrival wrote: »

imagine talking to someone with such conviction like he does here while trying to conceal the fact you've blatantly done next to no research.

Well it's interesting that this lands on this thread and the only comments are in relation to 'Mr. Wonderful' and his garbaag outburst. What about the very credible guy beside him that knows his shít and is responsible for landing the first ever pension fund investments in crypto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Pomp is the man, held his ground very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Wasn't the CEO dodgy? I read about it in the past, a lot of negative stuff, haven't looked at it since
    He's known to be a bit of an aggressive twat, very rude, has lied about the project to relatively mainstream sources along the way, lives up to the stereotype of arrogant savant programmer to a tee like Greg Maxwell or Linus Torvalds (although Linus isn't malicious, he's just incapable when it comes to pleasantries/social mores).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

imagine talking to someone with such conviction like he does here while trying to conceal the fact you've blatantly done next to no research.

Well it's interesting that this lands on this thread and the only comments are in relation to 'Mr. Wonderful' and his garbaag outburst. What about the very credible guy beside him that knows his shít and is responsible for landing the first ever pension fund investments in crypto?

My post was specifically about O'Leary because of the quotes from him in the post I quoted. Fair play for pointing out the positive from the interview though. He did absolutely excellent, most people would be frustrated and react badly which would open them up to not being taken seriously but he held his ground and calmly addressed his seriously dated questions. Looking forward to seeing more of him and others like him, such as Andreas Antonopolous, gradually bringing other dinosaurs into the present on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Really wondering if I should dump my ETH and buy back lower, anybody tempted to trade atm?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Thargor wrote: »
    Really wondering if I should dump my ETH and buy back lower, anybody tempted to trade atm?

I'm selling all of my ALTs now
    Could be the right or wrong thing to do but that's what I'm doing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Blueshoe wrote: »
    It seems so strong this time though, ETH that is, BTC recovered to 40% of its ATH, ETH only about half that, I think Ill just sit an hodl.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

Truckermal wrote: »
    Bit of sideways action again I had a good day out of MATIC again but it started sliding at about 3pm..

Sold my few ravencoin and stuck it into matic, ravencoin took off soon after was kicking myself. Thankfull matic has continued to go nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yikes. "All" is never ever a good word in crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

My post was specifically about O'Leary because of the quotes from him in the post I quoted.
    Don't worry - I wasn't referring to you ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

policy75 wrote: »
    Bitcoin is looking like it will be close to USD 10k by the time we wake up tomorrow
    We are now too close to 10k to not break it.

We'll be there by Thursday I'd say.

Yikes, flash crash. We just hit $6,700. A pullback and consolidation is healthy. Some folks are getting slightly carried away. :p A parabolic run up and not building support along the way is what happened last time. We don't want another 80% crash do we? :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

All aboard the MATIC Train!

el diablo wrote: »
    Yikes, flash crash. We just hit $6,700. A pullback and consolidation is healthy. Some folks are getting slightly carried away. :p A parabolic run up and not building support along the way is what happened last time. We don't want another 80% crash do we? :eek:

No problem when it'll be well over 100k in no time.

Dropped just in time for payday, I was getting worried it wouldn't.

Have to dollar cost average it.

Started buying at 3300 ISH so no worries here.

Bear in mind we are still up well over $2000 a coin since the thread started.

We don't want another 80% crash do we? :eek:

Yes, of course. Does anybody really have enough crypto? The doubting nocoiners have the perfect amount and I'm glad they own none, but any person who thinks this is going somewhere can't have too much.
    I'd offer my firstborn for $48 ETH.
    (I don't have kids, just offering a sperm donation for any ladywhales who want a babby & willing to dump ETH to the ground for it)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Taking "pump & dump" to a whole other level

🤪

grindle wrote: »
    We don't want another 80% crash do we? :eek:

Yes, of course. Does anybody really have enough crypto? The doubting nocoiners have the perfect amount and I'm glad they own none, but any person who thinks this is going somewhere can't have too much.
    I'd offer my firstborn for $48 ETH.
    (I don't have kids, just offering a sperm donation for any ladywhales who want a babby & willing to dump ETH to the ground for it)

Would be delighted to go back to €3.5k BTC and <€100 ETH for a short while, could easily be patient about price increases until after the halvening next year

Would be delighted to go back to €3.5k BTC and <€100 ETH for a short while, could easily be patient about price increases until after the halvening next year

Exactly! Stuff the bags. I thought we'd get another year of suicide mode before this kind of boost happened - maybe it'll plop back down again?

On one side, I think it won't because Ernst & Young are actively shilling and building for ETH now with Nightfall on mainnet EOY. Private transactions, massive boost to scaling if they implement ZK ZK Rollup and it's as efficient as designed @ 500tx/s (unlikely to be that efficient on first iteration).

On the other, 15 months of good news, top companies hiring blockchain devs, forming entire blockchain divisions - which would usually be considered an "Oh this is actually happening" metric...and the price went down 90% while a bunch of melons cry scam and claim the tech is worthless. Fun stuff.

It happened and not many were buying.

It happened and not many were buying.

I was keeping an eye on the prices regularly since Nov/Dec and considering buying in but didn't have enough disposable cash to get in, but then when it was around €3-3.5k in Feb/Mar I did have the money however I thought it could possibly go lower over the next few months, certainly didn't expect this recent rise, seeing as we didn't really see crazy despair this time around. When it got to €4-4.5k though I decided to put more in to be safe in case it didn't come back down, turns out that was the best timing I've ever had.

• Advertisement

Not all soon and gloom yet we are still up 16% in just a week !

I was keeping an eye on the prices regularly since Nov/Dec and considering buying in but didn't have enough disposable cash to get in, but then when it was around €3-3.5k in Feb/Mar I did have the money however I thought it could possibly go lower over the next few months, certainly didn't expect this recent rise, seeing as we didn't really see crazy despair this time around. When it got to €4-4.5k though I decided to put more in to be safe in case it didn't come back down, turns out that was the best timing I've ever had.

Decent price. It's impossible really to time the bottom/top, I just buy in stages when there's complete depression and capitulation and sell (some) in stages when friends and taxi drivers are talking about it

Someone mentioned LTC hitting $300, a guy I know in work randomly picked up a serious about of it at just over $3 earlier that year. There's a lot of luck involved. Anyway, the cat is out of the bag now, unless theres some global regulation or catastrophe, it's difficult to see prices going so low again. That said, the cat is also out of the bag regarding bull runs, be interesting to see if another FOMO frenzy could happen at the same level of end 2017

Not all soon and gloom yet we are still up 16% in just a week !

Around 30% here, portfolio is more Eth/alt weighted. Peak was almost 50% around Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I made a nice little bit of Fiat by trading ETH into ALTs and selling of everything before yesterday's dip.

Plan now is to go back in hard on ETH and BTC, and continue to grow the pile.
    My usual strategy is to trade between both and grow the pile that way, the stagnation of the ETH/BTC pairing over the last few months made that quite a risky game.

ETC in particular paid off nicely for me during this latest pump, made @35% on it.

Decent price. It's impossible really to time the bottom/top, I just buy in stages when there's complete depression and capitulation and sell (some) in stages when friends and taxi drivers are talking about it

Someone mentioned LTC hitting $300, a guy I know in work randomly picked up a serious about of it at just over $3 earlier that year. There's a lot of luck involved. Anyway, the cat is out of the bag now, unless theres some global regulation or catastrophe, it's difficult to see prices going so low again. That said, the cat is also out of the bag regarding bull runs, be interesting to see if another FOMO frenzy could happen at the same level of end 2017

I think we'll definitely see more FOMO spikes like in 2017, if anything even bigger this time around. As time goes on, more and more people hear about it and learn about how to actually buy it and services for buying it more easily develop more and more so it snowballs.

Really, although we've probably all heard some people in real life mention it, we are seriously very early adopters and there is loads of room left for new people to get interested enough to put some money in. The issue is when lots of new people buy in at the top and get ****ed during the next crash because they sold instead of holding long-term, lots of them will be seriously cautious about ever putting more money in. I'd advise explaining this to anyone who possibly asks for your opinions and advice on buying in, it's certainly easier now with the data you can show about previous crashes and bull runs.

If the market can hold off any big drops for the next 24 hours will be curious to see if the "all green coinmarketcap" tomorrow has an effect

Yikes. "All" is never ever a good word in crypto.

Worked out just fine. Il take little profits any day

Wtf is MatIc?

Worked out just fine. Il take little profits any day

Yeah but I had friends who took profits and sold all their BTC when it was $150 and all their Monero when it was peanuts. Happy at the time, but serious regret later.

Yeah but I had friends who took profits and sold all their BTC when it was $150 and all their Monero when it was peanuts. Happy at the time, but serious regret later.

That's ok. You can't be guaranteed of anything happening up or down. There are no guarantees . You can't time the market and either can I. Each to their own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Yep sold my MATIC the other day when it started to dump but it pumped again straight away I should have hodl...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement