Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Goodbody Online

• 08-05-2019 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there is a better option for my very small share holding other than goodbody.

I currently have €3-4000 worth of BOI shares that I intend doing nothing with and just leaving them sit there. I think my fees from Goodbody are around €100 a year. Is there a cheaper option that I can go with? Especially the fact that I just intend to leave them there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

DeGiro. It'll cost a small fee (something like €10) to transfer them, but the annual fee if you plan on just letting them sit there is tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

Same here, thanks for the suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Frogdog wrote: »
    DeGiro. It'll cost a small fee (something like €10) to transfer them, but the annual fee if you plan on just letting them sit there is tiny.

I fear the fee for moving shares from Goodbody to Degiro is a lot more than €10. It's probably more like a €100 per holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Rather than transferring it may be better to sell with Goodbody then lodge the money and buy again with whatever new broker you go to, you may even make a few cent on the sell/buy price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

From the Degiro side..
    https://www.degiro.ie/helpcenter/faq/my-portfolio/1121#2139/can-i-transfer-my-current-portfolio-to-degiro
    Cost confirmed as €10 per position to transfer in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

homer911 wrote: »
    From the Degiro side..
    https://www.degiro.ie/helpcenter/faq/my-portfolio/1121#2139/can-i-transfer-my-current-portfolio-to-degiro
    Cost confirmed as €10 per position to transfer in

Bullet point 3 "It is also possible that your current bank or broker may also charge a fee for transferring your portfolio. Is it not the policy of DEGIRO to reimburse any costs imposed by your bank"

I tried transferring some shares I had with Davy Stockbrokers. They charge €100 to transfer out shares ...

so Davy (€100 Transfer out charge) + Degiro (€10 transfer in charge ) = €110 per position.

Obviously I didn't bother in the end. :(

Advertisement