Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Recommendations

• 16-05-2019 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hey

Similar to the Netflix Recommendations thread, I'd like to start a thread is for recommending films and tv shows on Amazon Prime.
    As far as I'm aware Amazon Prime does not have region specific content, so no need for discussion of regional workaround.

I've watched a fair bit on Amazon Prime and definitely think its a great streaming competitor to Netflix, and has some decent self-produced content coming up.
    Jack Ryan - I enjoyed season 1, somewhat silly but has good tension.
    Man in the High Castle - I've enjoyed the first 3 seasons, but they have been quite slow going. Im going to stick with it though, hoping there is a story plan in mind. They've progressed well past the book at this stage.
    StartUp - I gave up on this halfway through season 2. Did not enjoy it, felt like a bit of a slog.
    The Boys - July 2019. This looks like its going to be class, solid cast based on a solid premise from a well regarded long running graphic novel.

As far as I'm aware, Amazon haven't released any exclusive movies however :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I enjoy quite a few things on it ( don't think they produced then)
    Casual
    Fresh off the boat
    The expanse

Amazon prime produced stuff the purge isn't bad if you like the films.

When it comes to exclusive movies, didn't they own Manchester by the sea?
    That's all I can think of from the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Mr Robot up until season 3. TG4 showed season 2 a while back and I lost patience waiting for the third season to appear.

For kids, or for anyone wanting to relive their childhood, Fraggle Rock and Jim Henson's They Story Teller is there.

The Story Teller is much darker than I remember, but the kids what they've seen of it so far. They thought Fraggle Rock, prime time Saturday afternoon viewing when we were kids, was a bit bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

gmisk wrote: »
    I enjoy quite a few things on it ( don't think they produced then)
    Casual
    Fresh off the boat
    The expanse

Amazon prime produced stuff the purge isn't bad if you like the films.

When it comes to exclusive movies, didn't they own Manchester by the sea?
    That's all I can think of from the top of my head.

Oh yea, of course. I've really enjoyed the first 3 seasons of the Expanse. Cant wait for season 4.

The Purge was actually a fairly enjoyable show too. A better attempt at world building than the movies ever attempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

The marvelous mr maisel, is one of the best tv series ive ever seen.

Very funny and really well made . Sort of Mad Men with comedy and a female lead.

There is 2 seasons to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Bosch
    The Americans
    Goliath

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't see a single Film recommended so far, in this thread on the film forum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

pixelburp wrote: »
    I don't see a single Film recommended so far, in this thread on the film forum ;)

So it's on track to match the Netflix thread!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hi folks,

Sorry for locking this thread, but we do have a thread to cover this already - broader than just Amazon, but Prime alone probably can't sustain a particularly busy thread :)https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?p=110002314

As you'll note, that thread is for film recommendations only. I know the Netflix one includes TV as well, but we made the decision at the time to make that an exception as frankly it was going to be bloody impossible to police otherwise :o First and foremost this is a film forum, and we're keen to keep it focused on that.

Thankfully, boards does have a busy television forum as well, so if you want to discuss Prime's TV offerings I'd recommend popping over yonder where there'll be plenty of posters to chime in with recommendations and chat about their shows www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=227

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement