Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chicken Tikka Masala, How to creamy like restaurant.

Options
  • 12-05-2019 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭

So Im a big chicken tikka masala fan, in most indian restaurants its lovely and creamy and almost like its sitting in a soup, bright pinky-orangey depending on where you get it, but it always feels like youre eating a cream based sauce.

However every recipie if found online , every store bought sauce etc... always comes out as more a tomato based taste/texture and just is nowhere near as creamy as an indian gets it.

for reference namaste smithfield or delhi dharbar lucan would be my go to spots for a masala, the two are both different but produce the same heavy creamy flavour to it.

anyone any idea how to make a propper restaurant masala ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Add cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

endacl wrote: »
    Add cream.

you would think so, but ive played with that and just cant get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

coconut milk and a blender. for reference I don't eat out much so don't know exactly what your going for but I'd be roughly following Gordon Ramsays style masala.

I use the following. Marinade chicken overnight in patak tikka masala paste. Fry gently until cooked through. I like to add sultanas and pineapple. Once cooked, add a jar of Tesco butter chicken. Simmer for a few minutes. Mix in a tablespoon of desiccated coconut. Serve with basmati rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Check out Curry Addict's thread in The Cooking Club (https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056521427).

The recipe you are looking for is on the first page of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Check out Curry Addict's thread in The Cooking Club (https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056521427).

The recipe you are looking for is on the first page of the thread.

Beat me to it tHB.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Soak cashew nuts in water, then blend that till creamy. Add to pan after all the other ingredients and mix through.
    Ēbam yē ēțā (et voila in Bangla).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

I marinade the chicken overnight with tikka powder an yogurt. Then BBQ before adding to sauce. Blend the tomatoes to puree for the sauce and add double cream. Pinch of sugar as well to balance it

Advertisement