Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster vs Munster - The buildup for the ages!

• 12-05-2019 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Have at it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

This will be rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster will be just glad to be there and sure we'll see what happens. No expectations of anything really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Yes, a day out for Munster fans, hang sangiches and bottles of cold tae at the ready... we're just blessed to be there amongst the rugby gods of Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Erik Shun wrote:
    Yes, a day out for Munster fans, hang sangiches and bottles of cold tae at the ready... we're just blessed to be there amongst the rugby gods of Leinster

Don't forget your autograph book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Buer wrote: »

Ooh...good man, I'll use my 1989 Rose of Tralee autograph book with Sinead Boyle's taking pride of place... until of course.... I get Bobby K's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Wouldn’t be surprised if Leinster make a few changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Wouldn’t be surprised if Leinster make a few changes.

Would be good for Munster to get a look at the next batch of Leinster youth they'll be poaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Could see it going the same way as yesterday’s match, Leinster have the edge. Munster were terrible against Treviso, huge improvement required.
    Might just be me, but these games are the grudge games they used to be. In a WC year, I’d be more concerned with a major injury to a key player.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,977 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Munster cheated their way to this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Buer wrote: »
    Erik Shun wrote:

A few of us will make ourselves available before and after for them. It's the least we can do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I think we could potentially see a strong Leinster team, a lot of the player will want to make amend for the loss yesterday....

Most of the first team haven't a whole pile of rugby in last few months and they will have a few months off so might as well go full metal jacket.

Cronin won't be available. I doubt SOB will be fit but I bet he will try and make it for his last ever home game.

Maybe give J McGrath a start before he goes as well......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

Bit of a sad baiting thread title bit like https://rugbylad.ie/

Re 'Most of the first team haven't a whole pile of rugby in last few months and they will have a few months off so might as well go full metal jacket '

that's why they lost yesterday , and it might be too late to go up against munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I don't think anyone here would dispute that Munster are really struggling lately. By contrast, Leinster are so far ahead, even with the defeat yesterday.

One of two things will happen:

A) Leinster are really hurting. Physically and mentally and perhaps an injury or two. Munster smell weakness and push really hard. They're desperate for silverware.

B) Leinster are so ****ing furious and full of hateful rage that they absolute fist Munster by 20 points or more.

Jewelers wrote: »
    Bit of a sad baiting thread title bit like https://rugbylad.ie/

Re 'Most of the first team haven't a whole pile of rugby in last few months and they will have a few months off so might as well go full metal jacket '

that's why they lost yesterday , and it might be too late to go up against munster.

What? :confused:

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What? :confused:

what part are you having a :confused: about

Clegg wrote: »
    Would be good for Munster to get a look at the next batch of Leinster youth they'll be poaching.

nz youth , who else are you yabbering on about you all hate Beirne

Jewelers wrote: »
    what part are you having a :confused: about

All of it to be honest, why you linking to rugbylad? Did you mean to link to a specific article?

Not sure also what you mean by that’s why they lost yesterday?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    All of it to be honest, why you linking to rugbylad? Did you mean to link to a specific article?

Not sure also what you mean by that’s why they lost yesterday?

sorry have you on ig :)

Please don't post links from that garbage clickbait site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,122 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

molloyjh wrote: »
    A few of us will make ourselves available before and after for them. It's the least we can do.

Bring your Cup Final ticket. Let the new generation of Munster fans see what they are like 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    molloyjh wrote: »

Bring your Cup Final ticket. Let the new generation of Munster fans see what they are like 😂

I'll do one better and bring my programme. Show them what a printed programme looks like. Back when they were in finals they were still handwritten in Latin on vellum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Can't wait to finally activate our sleeper agents that've been strategically placed into the Munster side.

Still can't believe that those turnip munchers honestly thought that people would voluntarily leave the leafy suburbs of D4 to go live so far away from real civilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Put Wycherley man marking Sexton and we'll be grand.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I think this is purely going to depend on how quickly Leinster can recover mentally and physically. A few of Leinster's key players had hugely demanding games physically. Ryan and Conan put in big shifts on both sides of the ball, playing 80 minutes. Their bodies will be sore but luckily they're young enough where their bodies are going to bounce back.

I'd be more concerned with guys like Healy, Fardy, Toner and Sexton. I could see 2 or 3 of those lads being rotated out which makes sense. Ruddock to come into the back row and Toner or Fardy moving to the bench makes sense. If JGP is available, there's a real case for rotating him into the 23 also. Luke McGrath was absolutely dead on his feet for the final 15 minutes at the weekend. If JGP isn't available, we're looking at McGrath playing 80 minutes back to back.

Munster will have been waiting in the long grass for this one. Treviso will have been a good kick in the arse for them and they won't be lacking for physicality on the day, looking to twist the knife against some tired bodies. If Leinster can bring some quality defence, I think they'll win it by a score. Munster's ability to break down teams is still poor and that cannot change overnight. A lot will depend on the availability of Earls who always shows up for this fixture. Carbery will be an obvious boost too. But up front, they'll look to really put a stamp on the game knowing Leinster will be slightly the worse for wear in comparison to a side that has had 2 weeks off.

Kearney, Lowe, Ringrose, Henshaw, Larmour, Byrne, McGrath, Conan, SOB, Ruddock, Toner, Ryan, Furlong, Tracy, Healy.
    Cronin/Byrne, Byrne, Porter, Fardy, Deegan, HOS, Sexton/Frawley, ROL

Leinster by 4.

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Put Wycherley man marking Sexton and we'll be grand.

Sexton will just give him another clip around the ear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

My prediction for the Munster selection:

1 David Kilcoyne
    2 Niall Scannell
    3 John Ryan
    4 Jean Kleyn
    5 Tadhg Beirne
    6 Peter O'Mahony (c)
    7 Chris Cloete
    8 CJ Stander
    9 Conor Murray
    10 J. J. Hanrahan
    11 Keith Earls
    12 Rory Scannell
    13 Chris Farrell
    14 Andrew Conway
    15 Michael Haley

16 Kevin O'Byrne
    17 Liam O'Connor
    18 Stephen Archer
    19 Billy Holland
    20 Arno Botha
    21 Alby Mathewson
    22 Tyler Bleyendaal
    23 Darren Sweetnam

24th man Jack O'Donoghue
    25th man Dan Goggin

My prediction for the Munster selection:

1 David Kilcoyne
    2 Niall Scannell
    3 John Ryan
    4 Jean Kleyn
    5 Tadhg Beirne
    6 Peter O'Mahony (c)
    7 Chris Cloete
    8 CJ Stander
    9 Conor Murray
    10 J. J. Hanrahan
    11 Keith Earls
    12 Rory Scannell
    13 Chris Farrell
    14 Andrew Conway
    15 Michael Haley

16 Kevin O'Byrne
    17 Liam O'Connor
    18 Stephen Archer
    19 Billy Holland
    20 Arno Botha
    21 Alby Mathewson
    22 Tyler Bleyendaal
    23 Darren Sweetnam

24th man Jack O'Donoghue
    25th man Dan Goggin

Carbery is back in full training this week so I'd expect him to feature. Same for Rhys Marshall. Carbery was at the press preview today.

I wonder if centre needs to be looked at. Goggin has done well off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,122 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Carbery is back in full training this week so I'd expect him to feature. Same for Rhys Marshall. Carbery was at the press preview today.

I wonder if centre needs to be looked at. Goggin has done well off the bench.

Yeah, I guess I was doubting that Carbery and Marshall would recover in time, from the announced squad update today it looks promising to have them back.

I certainly think Goggin has done enough to start at 12 ahead of Scannell It's just my opinion, but it seems to me that Scannell is carrying the ball into contact far too much and rarely getting any gains.
    Goggin should be stronger in contact and looks hungry to get on the ball.
    Otherwise they should be using Scannell to chip and grubber the ball behind the defensive line more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

How long has Carbery left on his contract with Munster? Did he sign an extension recently? I assume it will run out to coincide with Sexton's retirement.

Advertisement