Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Shot (Charlize Theron)

• 08-05-2019 11:52pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Went to this tonight, partly under duress.
    Was actually quite surprised by it. Quite an entertaining couple of hours. Yes, it's just a rom-com essentially but they all seem to have such fun doing it.
    Crikey, but Charlize Theron is a good looking gal and she has some serious comic timing.

I would go see it again as the script has too many jokes to get first time round.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I thought it was shíte myself as did the 10 or so other people in the screening. I didn't hear anyone laughing at any point. Just another boring & unfunny Seth Rogen comedy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Different strokes I'm sure. The almost full cinema I attended liked it. The joys of cheap Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I saw it on Friday, and I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭akelly02

saw it last night, excellent film i thought. Charlize is quite the hottie aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Seth Rogen once again nails his Seth Rogen impression. Film is very funny and Theron and Rogen play off one another very well. I enjoyed it :)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Saw this last week and loved it, admittedly I'm a big Rogen fan but so maybe a tad bias but thought it was really funny. Charlize Theron was great in it. Few scenes really made me laugh. Thought O'Shea Jackson Jr was great too. Definitely looking forward to giving this a rewatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Haven't seen it and probably won't, as my trips to the cinema are limited. But I have to say the advertising campaign is appalling. Neither the posters or radio adverts give any indication what it's about, or that there's anything funny in it. It sems to rely purely on a few stock quotes from reviews and the pulling power of the two leads, and Rogen got old a long time ago.

Might track it down in future though, since folk here like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Theron and Rogen have good chemistry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Saw it tonight and enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Saw this at the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Really sharp one liners, Likeable characters and some genuine chemistry between Rogan and Theron. A film that just leaves you with a nice feeling, which is actually pretty rare.

• Advertisement
Advertisement