Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple glazing

• 09-05-2019 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I’m thinking of stepping into the replacement window minefield. Does anybody have any good experience to report on suppliers in or around Waterford? Would be very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I’m thinking of stepping into the replacement window minefield. Does anybody have any good experience to report on suppliers in or around Waterford? Would be very grateful.

Had a terrible experience dealing with Munster joinery in terms of the quality of their finish and also extremely underhand payment handling. All I'd say is if you do go with them, as they will be the cheapest, I would only pay the deposit in cash or cheque. Don't give them your debit or credit card details under any circumstances.

My mother dealt with Jimmy Maher from Ferrybank and found him very good but it was only a small job (2 windows).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Good experiences for me with Jimmy Maher on smaller jobs (2 man crew) so standard house... no problem. Top quality finish. For awkward big jobs like my current house 12 feet tall awkwardly shaped windows), Cresthaven were the only ones who were willing to quote locally. Munster joinery also quoted and they were more expensive, unenthusiastic and what they proposed subsequently turned out to be impossible anyway. Cresthaven came in and did a super job in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cactus jacks

We had our windows done by cresthaven just before Christmas, and they did a great job. We are very happy with the finished product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭dzilla

We just had windows direct fit ours. Very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Just had mine installed imported from lithuania using a local agent. Took about 8 weeks and the windows are very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

Thanks very much for the replies, it is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

We got ours from Bunmahon Joinery 12 years ago. Still going strong.

Edit: we only have double glazing :-)

Advertisement