Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do you store photos?

• 05-05-2019 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I’ve about 160gb of photos on my laptop?

Just wondering what’s the best way
    The cloud? External hard drive? Or both

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

I’ve about 160gb of photos on my laptop?

Just wondering what’s the best way
    The cloud? External hard drive? Or both

Google photos app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Two external hard drives. To be sure, to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

print them all

• Registered Users Posts: 25 16thelegend

s8n wrote: »
    print them all

15,000 I could probably cut 2000 off that

• Registered Users Posts: 25 16thelegend

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Two external hard drives. To be sure, to be sure!

What type of external hard drive do you use?

Little bit worried about external hard drives breaking over a long period of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Little bit worried about external hard drives breaking over a long period of time

Seriously, Google photos is the place to store em

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭28064212

External hard-drive should be a backup, not your only copy. If the data is anyway important, the minimum should be a 3-2-1 strategy: 3 copies, 2 local, 1 offsite. For a home user, that usually means one copy on pc/laptop, one copy on an external hard-drive, and one copy on Google Photos/OneDrive/Dropbox etc. Anything less than that is just begging for data loss

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement