Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seal Team-US-Pace-CBS (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 18-05-2017 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭

First look.
    SEAL TEAM stars David Boreanaz in a military drama that follows the professional and personal lives of the most elite unit of Navy SEALs as they train, plan and execute the most dangerous, high stakes missions our country can ask of them. Deployed on clandestine missions worldwide at a moment’s notice, and knowing the toll it takes on them and their families, this tight-knit SEAL team displays unwavering patriotism and fearless dedication, even in the face of overwhelming odds. Ben Cavell, Ed Redlich, Chris Chulack, Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly are executive producers for CBS Television Studios. Emmy Award winner Chulack directed the pilot.

SEAL TEAM stars David Boreanaz as Jason Hayes, Max Thieriot as Clay Spenser, Neil Brown Jr. as Ray, A.J. Buckley as Sonny, Toni Trucks as Diaz and Jessica Paré as Mandy Ellis.

https://twitter.com/SealTeamCBS/status/864988899885539328

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Blue House Bear

Is this going to be another SIX or better production because it is for one of the main networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Closer to The Unit would be my guess.

Which isn't a bad thing The Unit was great.

I wonder will Michael Irby character be Charles Grey from The Unit.
    Michael Irby (Taken), Jay Hayden (The Catch) and Alona Tal (Hand of God) are set for key recurring roles opposite David Boreanaz and Max Thieriot in CBS’ new military drama series SEAL Team, which premieres in the fall.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/seal-team-michael-irby-jay-hayden-alona-tal-recur-cbs-drama-series-1202155086/

It started last night in the States and it is basically The Unit mark 2.

I'm really enjoying this it's not as good as The Unit but it's up there with a bit more CIA involvement in the missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Watched the first three episodes. Not bad. decent mix of action and plot titles keep me interested. I'll probably keep watching

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It just got a full season order, so I must give it a go.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/seal-team-season-at-cbs/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just watched the first episode last night. So far it is like a bad version of The Unit. Hope it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I’ve binged it over the last few days it’s a great show so far, on episode eight of series two now

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Ludo wrote: »
    Just watched the first episode last night. So far it is like a bad version of The Unit. Hope it improves.

The Unit had potential but was butt****ed by the family drama. Seal Team is far better. A wee bit of personal stuff but mostly focused on the action. Which is done very well albeit a bit bullet proof americans.

• Advertisement

:mad:
    Just watching episode 13 on the second series and now I see they are taking a break for a month

Damm that was a good episode and that ending wow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I really like this.

Yeah its like The Unit, but with a bigger budget.
    The marine helo exfil was good even if you could see the plastic buildings in the background :pac:

I still wonder what it would have been like with Jim Caviezel as the lead instead of Boreanaz, imo, he's just looks the part.

This series doesn’t seem to be getting much love here, I’m surprised it a good series I’m looking forward to catching up with it, I haven’t watched it since the break

Just watched episode 14-17 and episode 17 caught me off guard, started off slow pace and then it kicked off big time

Just caught up with the last couple of episodes, cliff hanger is killing me now I want to see episode 21

The PTSD and head injury storylines this season are actually very powerful.

The finale next week should full on action.

Scratch that there are two episodes left this season.

The PTSD and head injury storylines this season are actually very powerful.

The finale next week should full on action.

Scratch that there are two episodes left this season.

im sure the swany story involving the VA would have hit home with many people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I was just delighted to see that Red Team's Pete Twamley didn't actually die that time, and went on to have a second career in Special Forces with Bravo Team. :)

Melodeon wrote: »
    I was just delighted to see that Red Team's Pete Twamley didn't actually die that time, and went on to have a second career in Special Forces with Bravo Team. :)

Haha He was my favourite in that Super Army Soldiers reality show. I think that actor from Eastenders Kemp something or other won it. Also part of a band Spandau ballet with his brother Micheal Kemp.

• Advertisement

I just copped who the blonde therapist that is working with Jason is.

The original Buffy Kirsty Swanson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Has been renewed for a third season

Well that season finale felt like a series finale.

They must not have been expected to have been renewed.

Now I expect it to get cancelled on a major cliffhanger next season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That was a grand way to finish it, I guess next season will be about Jason turning to drink or something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A really good ending, far more sombre than most similar shows.

Agree with Coulson, expect maybe they didnt expect to be renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Anyone know why all of them shaved off their beards? Presume there’s some significance??
    It seemed like there was an assumption that people would know what that’s about....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

HiGlo wrote: »
    Anyone know why all of them shaved off their beards? Presume there’s some significance??
    It seemed like there was an assumption that people would know what that’s about....

It was because they were all in military dress uniforms meaning no beards allowed. Checked the discussion thread for the episode on reddit and exact same question was asked

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

It was because they were all in military dress uniforms meaning no beards allowed. Checked the discussion thread for the episode on reddit and exact same question was asked

ah cool, thanks.... Knew there had to be a reason. :)

3rd season holding its own. Just the right mix of drama and action.

The Unit went too far into the family stuff.

Action sequences wouldn't be out of place in a hollywood production.

A likeable cast too. Texas Sonny is a Dub !!

• Advertisement

Heckler wrote: »
    3rd season holding its own. Just the right mix of drama and action.

The Unit went too far into the family stuff.

Action sequences wouldn't be out of place in a hollywood production.

A likeable cast too. Texas Sonny is a Dub !!

More Canadian than Irish is the Ghostfacer.

He plays the Texan very well.

Advertisement