Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro14 QF: Munster vs Benetton, Sat 4th May 3pm

• 03-05-2019 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Munster:
    Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Darren Sweetnam; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray;
    Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, CJ Stander.

Replacements:
    Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O'Connor, John Ryan, Billy Holland, Arno Botha, Alby Mathewson, JJ Hanrahan, Dan Goggin.

Benetton Rugby:
    15 Jayden Hayward, 14 Ratuva Tavuyara, 13 Marco Zanon, 12 Luca Morisi, 11 Monty Ioane, 10 Tommaso Allan (C), 9 Dewaldt Duvenage,
    8 Toa Halafihi, 7 Abraham Steyn, 6 Sebastian Negri, 5 Federico Ruzza, 4 Marco Lazzaroni, 3 Marco Riccioni, 2 Luca Bigi, 1 Nicola Quaglio

Replacements:
    16 Hame Faiva, 17 Derrick Appiah, 18 Tiziano Pasquali, 19 Irnerbst, 20 Dean Budd, 21 Tito Tebaldi, 22 Antonio Rizzi, 23 Alberto Sgarbi

Unavailable: Tommaso Benvenuti, Ignacio Brex, Marco Fuser, Ornel Gega, Nasi Manu, Ian McKinley, Giovanni Pettinelli, Luca Sperandio, Cherif Traore, Federico Zani

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Still no Carberry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

This is going to be an absolute hiding. Benetton will do well to finish within 20 points.

Darren Sweetnam will start in place of Earls, while Liam O'Connor will join the replacements for Loughman.

Update after Captains run

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That's a few times this season that Sweetnam has started in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭typhoony

This is going to be an absolute hiding. Benetton will do well to finish within 20 points.

the bookies say it's 15 points, won't be a pushover for munster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Buer

typhoony wrote:
    the bookies say it's 15 points, won't be a pushover for munster

15 points is a very big handicap. I don't think it will be a pushover but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Munster beat an Italian side by 30 points either.

Benetton haven't taken too many hidings this year. Munster should win but I'm thinking by the 10-12 point mark. This is a new stage for the visitors and I can see them flying out of the traps. That injury list is extensive however, though I'm unsure how many would be playing if available. Munster are missing maybe three players from their 23 in Cronin/Loughman, Carbery and Earls.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Benetton haven't taken too many hidings this year. Munster should win but I'm thinking by the 10-12 point mark. This is a new stage for the visitors and I can see them flying out of the traps. That injury list is extensive however, though I'm unsure how many would be playing if available. Munster are missing maybe three players from their 23 in Cronin/Loughman, Carbery and Earls.

I'm going for something like 31-15, comfortable but respectable enough for Treviso. They'll hang in there for 50 mins imo.

JJ is playing better st the moment but they are sticking with blyendaal again??

Are both signed up for next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I think benneton will surprise a few members on here. Going to the game myself, hope it's better attended than last year's again against Edinburgh.

• Advertisement

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I think benneton will surprise a few members on here. Going to the game myself, hope it's better attended than last year's again against Edinburgh.

Doubt it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

New territory for Treviso today, think they'll huff and puff for a while, but think we'll run away with it easily enough could be a long day for them

I'll be surprised if this isn't wrapped up by half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Doubt there'll be a massive crowd for this, bank holiday weekend against not the most glamorous of teams and a lot of rugby played recently

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

There were quite a few noisy Treviso fans in the RDS. Hopefully they’ll travel in numbers again today. Make for a much better atmosphere at the game if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

North and South terraces both covered over, looking like a smaller crowd then last week.
    Being the May bank holiday isn't helping I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

North and South terraces both covered over, looking like a smaller crowd then last week.
    Being the May bank holiday isn't helping I guess.

Rúaridh O'Connor was saying that it's a shame Munster fans aren't turning up.

This is basically their first step to Marseilles next year because every win from here on out raises their seeding for the Heineken Cup groups.

And everyone knows that Munster need a home semi final to get over the hump, which probably requires an unbeaten group stage. Which itself probably requires Munster having top seed.

troyzer wrote: »
    Rúaridh O'Connor was saying that it's a shame Munster fans aren't turning up.

This is basically their first step to Marseilles next year because every win from here on out raises their seeding for the Heineken Cup groups.

And everyone knows that Munster need a home semi final to get over the hump, which probably requires an unbeaten group stage. Which itself probably requires Munster having top seed.

You could say May Bank holiday but then Ravenspan is more or less sold out...Bank Holiday weekend in UK as well....

Thomond should be used for European games and Leinster match, move the rest of the games to Cork or smaller stadium....

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You could say May Bank holiday but then Ravenspan is more or less sold out...Bank Holiday weekend in UK as well....

Thomond should be used for European games and Leinster match, move the rest of the games to Cork or smaller stadium....

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing.

Still, bank holiday weekend and it's only Treviso must have put off a lot.

Limerick empties out for the summer bank holidays, especially with the good weather. Those that are staying put have Riverfest on in town to keep them away.

Any fellow fans of mine that are regular matchgoers have given this a miss - away quarter and semi and a match last weekend (there was 20'000 there last weekend for the Connacht match) coupled with the first summer bank holiday, always gonna be a small crowd for this with that opposition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

troyzer wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a bit disappointing.

Still, bank holiday weekend and it's only Treviso must have put off a lot.
    The cheapest tickets being €30 and €45 doesn't help either.

Still it looks like a smaller turnout than I was expecting.

The cheapest tickets being €30 and €45 doesn't help either.

Still it looks like a smaller turnout than I was expecting.

Yeah saucy enough. You could bring two juniors with each senior ticket though, great idea

I think the result being a relatively forgone conclusion isn't helping turnout but comparing to the Ulster game isn't a fair comparison, that's a big derby and a big fixture for both teams - the two aren't the same. The RDS wouldn't fill out for this kind of game either.

Seeing the crowd on TV now.

Jesus.....

I'm at the game, there must be lots of communions!

Cloete with a turnover, good start from him.

The eir coverage driving me batty, constantly talking over Nigel.

Munster have had a good start but Treviso are definitely here to play.

Lovely change in play by Scannell and chase by POM

Nigel making **** up again.

• Advertisement

These things always seem to happen Nigel

Advertisement