Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garage damaged my car

Options
  • 04-05-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

My 1986 car failed the nct on rust.
    I brought it to a garage to weld 4 spots under the car, and he called me a few days later to say that the carpets seats and doorcard caught fire....

I was amazed how calm I was, and he said he would sort it all out, and I have given him this chance, as I previously worked in the trade and his insurance would skyrocket...

any advice in the event it goes pair shaped?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Offer to sell him the car if he can't restore it to the way it was.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Thx. Yes I did mention this. But these lads are so used to stuff falling on their lap, they look at you as if you have two heads with your price.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Any garage that does welding on a classic or any car,

with carpets left in close proximity during the process has to be given

a wide berth for remedial work, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

slipperyox wrote: »
    Thx. Yes I did mention this. But these lads are so used to stuff falling on their lap, they look at you as if you have two heads with your price.

Maybe he knows where he can pick up an interior to sort your car, otherwise he doesn't have much option but to do some serious attitude adjusting or feel the wrath of his wronged customer who will win a court case.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

He's fcuked up big time..dont be so understanding...his insurance would skyrocket if they knew what a cowboy he was/is...what car btw....??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

He's fcuked up big time..dont be so understanding...his insurance would skyrocket if they knew what a cowboy he was/is...what car btw....??

Could be a Reliant Robin?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

porsche

porsche

Jesus...i wouldnt take any sh1t from him...fix it as good as it was, compo or go to court...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

porsche

:eek:

I wouldn't be wasting my time posting about this on boards...

I'd be tearing him a new one.......financially;)

kadman wrote: »
    :eek:

I wouldn't be wasting my time posting about this on boards...

I'd be tearing him a new one.......physically;)

Fixed that there for ya...its what i'd be doin to him.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement