Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using crew cab for leisure

Options
  • 03-05-2019 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can crew cabs be used for leisure travel with family?
    I know it's probably against the actual law, but in reality how big of a trouble would i be in if i took my family for a day out on Sunday in a converted SUV provided that all seats are in place? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Krisha_k wrote: »
    Can crew cabs be used for leisure travel with family?
    I know it's probably against the actual law, but in reality how big of a trouble would i be in if i took my family for a day out on Sunday in a converted SUV provided that all seats are in place? Thanks in advance.

Most insurance policies allows for the carrying of family and kids etc etc
    It just depends on what kind of traffic cop you meet if stopped.

I ran my Merc Crew Cab for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

More of a revenue issue than insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 78,241 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Note both motor tax and BIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Is it taxed "commercial" or "private"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Simona1986 wrote: »

As someone who worked in the fleet industry (prior to retirement), I would think you are not insured for what you want to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

BowWow wrote:
    As someone who worked in the fleet industry (prior to retirement), I would think you are not insured for what you want to do.

I had a company car van previously and the insurance specifically mentioned personal and domestic use or some wording to that effect. But because of the tax classification, the vehicle wasn't supposed to be used for that

Advertisement