Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MARTBIDS

• 28-09-2018 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

Why no prices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Why no prices?
    There was last week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Why no prices?

I think you have to be near the mart location wise

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Nice app, impressive.
    The no prices is a problem.

Bit like a nice car with no engine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭C4d78

It’d be a great app with prices. Not much use as it stands IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Cant follow it or see the bloody point of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Danzy wrote: »
    Nice app, impressive.
    The no prices is a problem.
    As another user said, the pricing is available if the user is around"the location of the mart". The information available on the app, is read directly from the mart itself. The marts have made the decision to not publish the pricing, for now. Technically, the pricing information can be published no matter where the user is.

According to journal prices are now available on app but I can’t see any even on live auction. Anyone having any success.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Durrus Boy

According to journal prices are now available on app but I can’t see any even on live auction. Anyone having any success.

It's working on my tablet but not on my phone for some reason. Was keeping an eye on Ennis today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭kk.man

It will be of little value till internet bidding comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

kk.man wrote: »
    It will be of little value till internet bidding comes in.

Ahh, if prices were there it would be very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

IITYWYBMAD wrote:
    As another user said, the pricing is available if the user is around"the location of the mart". The information available on the app, is read directly from the mart itself. The marts have made the decision to not publish the pricing, for now. Technically, the pricing information can be published no matter where the user is.

I dont think so as I've used it this year in Ennis an when in the mart area i never saw prices up maybe I've it done wrong tho it's very handy tho if u have to go over for straw etc just to check what pen is being sold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭kk.man

_Brian wrote: »
    Ahh, if prices were there it would be very handy.

They are there already. Farmers forum, mid tipp mart give the sale price of every lot sold and various mart websites are doing this also.

It's time to move with technology not catch up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Maybe next we could bid on lots when not in the mart or in other ring

Or from the comfort of your local boozer. Just another form of gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭RD10

Can any of the marts be watched back on martbids or is it just a live stream?

Advertisement