Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards PES League - Season 6 Fixtures and Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Swansea 3 West Brom 1

After losing my last 2 games I switched to a more defensive formation and it paid off just about, asomo got a nice first goal in a back and forth contest with both teams hitting the woodwork. The killer goal would come in the 47th min when a West Brom player tried to control a cross only for asomo to nip in and score.
    West Brom pulled 1 back right at the start of the second half which lead to a very nervy second half, a 90 minute winner from a cross settled it. Dan probably deserved a draw.
    Good game dan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Brentford 1 - 2 Notts Forest

Daryl Murphy jumped thru my player to score a header to give Forest the lead.

Bad kickout by Forest donated me a goal

Scrappy winner by Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Preston (Colemaniser) 3-1 West Brom (danharps)

Finally got my second win of the campaign in yet another game of poor finishing and calamitous defending (seems to be common with these championship teams)

Nmecha opened the scoring with a tap in that just crept in off the post. Preston kept knocking at the door and should have extended the lead in the second half only for some great goalkeeping by Myhill in the West Brom nets.

Nmecha doubled his tally and the lead after a calamitous mix up in defence and impact sub and United reject Josh Harrop popped up with a 3rd late on. Jay Rodriguez would grab a consolation at the death.

Good game dan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

West Brom 1-2 Aston Villa

4th defeat on the bounce. Well played Ken. Not enjoyable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Stoke 1 - 4 Sheffield Wednesday

Stoke took a very early lead before Wednesday picked them apart at will after that. Good finishing Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Villa 2 - 1 Forrest (meath)
    Game started off all guns blazing with Forrest having a one on one chance denied only for Abraham to go up the other end and finish off a good counter attack with just 10 minutes gone.
    Villa would then make it 2 after a half hour Hourihane blasting home from the edge of the box
    Second half took a while to get going but in the 80th minute Murphy would head home a lovely cross to the near post to set up a sweaty last 10 minutes
    Villa hung on in the end for the 3 points , great game meath

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Middlesbrough (Niallym) 2-2 West Brom (Danharps)

Numerous chances for both teams throughout this match. Boro pulled back twice to draw. Could have gone either way, but a draw in the end.
    Good game Dan!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

(kingosh) Leeds 2 - 4 Swansea (Gifted)

Good game, as usual found it hard to find any space!

First half was a lot of pressure early on from Swansea and they were unlucky not to score. I ended up getting the first goal around 40 mins, Swansea leveled almost immediately and then I got my second to go ahead again a few mins later, from a pretty farcical goal. 2-1 at the break.

Second half didn't go well for me. Swansea grabbed two goals to go ahead. Decided I had to go for it so went all out attack late on and they hit me on the break for the fourth.

GG Reggie

Brentford 3 - 0 Leeds

Delighted with in particular my reading of the opponent’s passes - was able to put a lot of pressure on.

I played Sheffield Wednesday last night who was the home team, so thought he’d put the result up.. I won anyway

Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 3 Brentford

• Advertisement

Boards League Gameweek 3 Fixtures

IMG-20190429-181437.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

Villa 1-0 Brentford
    A scrappy game here with brentford doing most of the probing with villa looking to play on the break
    Villa would take the lead just before half time in the aftermath of a corner big Hause just having the legs to poke it goal bound
    Brentford pushed hard in the second half and we're very unlucky not to equalise Kalinic having to be at his best
    Chances would fall either way but in the end one nil it stayed , good game DJK

Swansea 1 damo 2

Sorry not sure of team name. Damo bashed me for the first half. 2 nice goals forced me to push on, second half I pulled one back and had 3 chances in the last few mins to equalise but famous good defending and the fact that Swansea are ****ing ****e kept it at 2 1.
    Good game damo.
    I've now lost more games in the first 7 games than in the 2 previous seasons I ****ing hate swansea :)

Villa 2-3 Leeds
    A fiery game carried on from the weekend , this match had it all bar a second half goal all 5 goals coming in the first 45
    Tit for tat stuff both teams forgetting how to defend in the first half
    Second half was a very close affair both teams having chances to kill the game off or sneak a point
    Fair play was adhered to throughout the contest !
    Great game Oosh well won

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Norwich 1 - Swansea 4

I went 1 up in this game but we restarted cause of lag. The restart gifted gave me back the goal lead them just decided to punish Norwich with 3 goals in 20 mins to make it 3-1 before 30 mins.
    It stayed that way until around the 75th minute before it was 4 -1

Well played gifted

Middlesbrough 1-1 Nottingham Forest

Forest got off to a good start when a cross in to the box was met by a header from Grabban which looped over the keeper and in to the net after 8 minutes. If fans were expecting a cracker of a match after that start they were to be mistaken. Chances few and far between. Assambalonga equalised for Boro in the 72nd minute. Despite slipping as he took his shot, it went in off the post. In fairness it was good defensive work by both sides that kept the amount of chances to a premium.
    Good game Meath77, wasn't great for the spectators, but we tried!

West Brom 7-1 Norwich City

Was literally nothing in this game until West Brom got the 3rd goal to make it 3-1. Norwich went all out to try and get back into the game and left huge gaps at the back. Rodriguez was red hot and got 5 goals. Much needed win. Good game.

Norwich 3 - 4 Derby

Beundia opened the scoring on 16 mins before 3 goals in 11 minutes put Derby in control (Mount 27, Jozefzoon 35, Waghorn 38)

Pukki got one back on 63 before Jozefzoon made it 4-2 on 69 mins

Cantwell got a late consolation and th game finished 4-3. Well played Damo

Norwich 4 - 5 Sheffield Wed

This game had everything and was end to end for the full match.

Norwich came out of the traps flying and goals by Stiepermann (6) & Pukki (11) put Norwich in control early on. A goal by Cooper (23) made it 2-1 at the break.

Stiepermann got his 2nd on (50) before Aarons got a goal after (64) and the game is 3-2. Hernandez makes it 4-2 after (73) and Norwich look to be heading for all 3 points with 5 minutes to go.

Hooper (85) make its a thrilling fininsh before Forestieri (90+1) sends the away fans into a frenzy.

(90+4) on the clock and a free kick is awarded to Sheffield Wed from about 30 yards out. Forestieri steps up ala Messi vs Liverpool. He curls it in to the top Left hand corner and its heart break for Norwich. the away fans are delirious and the game ends 5-4

gg Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Forest 2 - 1 Preston NE

• Advertisement

Boards League Gameweek 4 Fixtures

IMG-20190506-194639.jpg
    IMG-20190506-194540.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Derby 4 - 1 Aston Villa

Good game this. One of those games where every little break went my way. Game was 0-0 till about 30 mins with no real chances. When marriot looked to be well covered by the villa defence but somehow sneaked through to give Derby the lead. Waghorn would add a second shortly after. 2-0 at half time. Villa came out of the blocks with some early pressure but couldn't seem to find a break through. Derby were awarded a soft free kick on the edge of the box and Mason mount would smash it in to make it 3-0. Villa then responded with a nice header from adamoah but couldn't seem to get a second to make Derby nervous. Marriot would curl one in during added time to make it 4-1.

Good game Kenneth harld luck. Look forward to the return fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Stoke 1-1 derby

Very few chances in this game, I'll keep the summary brief, derby slightly edged it in gameplay, but stoke level late on. Had a mare on 80 mins, controller charge went without warning, scrambled for a charger

Gg Damo

Middlesbrough 0-4 Leeds United

Boro given a hammering here. Alioski sent the visitors on the way with a nice finish after a lovely little lobbed pass found him in space. Bamford struck a great finish on 36. Hernandez made it 3, coolly finishing after a defensive mix up. Brown completed the rout in the 83rd minute, holding off two defenders before firing home.
    The Middlesbrough manager promised the fans he'd have them playing like Barcelona, and he was true to his word.
    Well played KingOsh, great game.

Middlesbrough 0-1 Derby County

Boro's poor form continues. Waghorn struck the winner, beating a couple of defenders with close ball control and firing home after 67 minutes.
    Great game Damo, Derby deserved the 3 points.

West Brom 2-4 Derby

End to end game which could have went either way to be honest. Well played Damo.

Norwich 1 - 10 Brentford

Not much to be said about this other than a one sided hammering.

Well done Dave

Middlesbrough 1-3 Stoke City

A pretty even stevens match here in terms of possession and chances created, in an entertaining and open match. The difference was some super goals by Stoke. Diouf scored a pearler on 42, curling one right in to the top corner from the edge of the box. Middlesbrough equalized with a header from Assombalonga.
    Diouf scored another cracker with an over head kick near the 6 yard line to put the visitors ahead. Boro pushed forward to try get a levelling goal, and Stoke punished them on a counter, and another quality finish, Vokes banging in a first time shot in the 83rd minute. Boro kept on trying, but it was game over.
    Great game TheOriginalJipo!

Norwich 0 - 14 Leeds

Not much to be said about this other than another one sided hammering.

Well done osh

I’m fed up of Pes but I’ll see out the league :)

• Advertisement

Swansea 6 vs jipo 2
    This was nervy for a long time scoreline didn't have any justice in it. Memorable moments include 2 terrible o.goals and a rare free kick

Advertisement