Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone been to a gig in the Bataclan in Paris?

Options
  • 26-04-2019 10:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭

I am over in Paris on business on May 15th . I land in CDG at 18:25

Peter Doherty is playing that night in the Bataclan . Tickets say 7:00 but I presume like the Olympia etc over here that he wouldn't be on stage until 21:00?

Was thinking of hotfooting it in a taxi ?

Anyone familiar with gigs in France/Paris regarding stage times?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Usually pretty simlilar to here. I've only gone to 2 gigs in France but both were finished before midnight. One outdoor one indoor. Id say go for it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Mr.S wrote: »
    Depending on the act, there's usually at least one support act on like here - so you'll probably be fine.

For sanity sake, take the RER and Metro.

as opposed to a taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Taxis in Paris are super expensive and the metro is cheap and easy. But if you don't care about that get a taxi. Or if you can get work to pay for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I presume doors open at 7 PM and the support act is probably on at 8 or 8.30 and the main act at 9.30 or 10 PM, so same as Ireland that way really.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭blackwhite

MadYaker wrote: »
    Taxis in Paris are super expensive and the metro is cheap and easy. But if you don't care about that get a taxi. Or if you can get work to pay for it ;)

Paris traffic at that hour of the evening can be very bad also.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

it was sensational.he was in great form.

it was very strange being in the bataclan though......

Advertisement