Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭ Addison Fancy Macrame

Yeah I'm in no rush, be fearful when others are greedy etc, although wasn't it buffet who said that so probably not applicable at all here.

Just going to keep taking a small bite each week, genuinely believe we will see 50k by 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

hash rate is interesting.

When I seen bitcoin trading as an actual story line on fair city I sold everything.

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

JJJJNR wrote: »
    When I seen bitcoin trading as an actual story line on fair city I sold everything.

True story.

Haha say what?!

I'm not joking I was on here talkiing shop and Mrs jjjnr was watching fair city and there's some genius on it trading Bitcoin..

They invested 500 and it went to 1200 and then didn't sell but they lost everything in the next scene it's pure gold lads you should watch it.

I didn't sell everything just added that for a bit of drama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

JJJJNR wrote: »
    I didn't sell everything just added that for a bit of drama.

Like fair city so

Good buying opportunities tonight

Topped up my BTC holding

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

No surprises there really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Topped up my BTC holding

At what price?

At what price?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nice you did well to catch the bottom

Dropped lower on other exchanges, set two orders, one was a bit higher.

Sold some BAT to fund it, struggled to sell it fast enough on Coinbase due to price fluctuations, that was a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Nice you did well to catch the bottom

Maybe not. We're probably going down below $4.5k again. :P

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 64,760 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Sold some BAT to fund it

You did well there man, trading like a boss :D

Coingeckeo making me think of retirement.

ofve3c.jpg

unkel wrote: »
    You did well there man, trading like a boss :D

Payday wasn't until today :(

Tethers volume was higher than BTC's a couple of hours ago. Are people mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Best and easiest way to buy small amounts of BTC and hold? I have coinbase but the fees are a bit much

• Advertisement

If you are buying to hold long term I don't find Coinbase too mental fee wise. Different story if you plan to day trade etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Best and easiest way to buy small amounts of BTC and hold? I have coinbase but the fees are a bit much

Localbitcoins ?

I use Kraken (SEPA transfer). It seems to be the cheapest option have never had a problem there. Just make sure you don't leave your crypto on any of the exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Deposit to Coinbase and then log in to Coinbase Pro.
    You can then Deposit your Coinbase Balance into Coinbase Pro. Fees are very low on Coinbase Pro in comparison to Coinbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Iota have launched a Training Program teaching people how to code on their platform

https://u.today/iota-launches-educational-platform-that-will-teach-you-how-to-code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

el diablo wrote: »
    I use Kraken (SEPA transfer). It seems to be the cheapest option have never had a problem there. Just make sure you don't leave your crypto on any of the exchanges.

I buy a small amount of BTC each month through Revolut. A lot of people don't like this as you can't actually transfer the BTC out, you can only cash it out into Euro or whatever. Is this suitable for my needs or do I need to start thinking of buying on an exchange and creating a wallet?

Technique wrote: »
    I buy a small amount of BTC each month through Revolut. A lot of people don't like this as you can't actually transfer the BTC out, you can only cash it out into Euro or whatever. Is this suitable for my needs or do I need to start thinking of buying on an exchange and creating a wallet?

Yes, for larger amounts you're better off buying on a exchange, creating a wallet and controlling your own private keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Technique wrote: »

To be honest, I think if it’s just to buy small amounts for “fun” and to be in in case prices go crazy and sell for a profit, I think it’s fine (as long as you understand you are captive from Revolut and the only think you can do with what you are buying is to sell it back on the platform).

If you want more control and/or start to be more “serious” about it, then yes do look at other solutions.

Funny guy!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement