Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 36 Transfer thread - Liverpool attackers in, someone out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Need some spurs coverage so thinking son and Bennett in for Madison and TAA. Seems a sideways move tho

Team is
    Ryan hamer
    TAA laporte lindelof Duffy bednarek
    Sterling mane Mili jwp Madison
    Kun Jimenez vardy

Any other moves I can do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

m
    bantee wrote: »
    Torn between Rashford or Jimi to Firmino. Rashford could nick something home to Chelsea, whereas I already have Doherty & Jota away to Watford. 3 Wolves could be overkill and I also have Gerry D playing in that game too.
    Going with my gut on this one and need to make up 30 points in ML: Jimi to Firmino done, and playing JWP ahead of Rashford so I can keep him for the Hud & Cardiff games.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Trippier out for someone. **** knows who.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lloris, Foster

Duffy, Valery, Laporte, Doherty,Kolasinac

Sterling, JWP, Eriksen, Son, Jota

Rashford, Aguero, Jiminez

Eriksen out for Mane (tc), leaves a funding issue of 0.6m

Rashford is the obvious one this week to chop but the last 2 fixtures make me want to hold onto him.

EDIT

Kola or Foster to 4.0m player im thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

carnie wrote: »

Why take him out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tough pick a team this week
    Very strong bench

Could be rotation though with some teams playing third game in a week............and Europe after

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Chesty08 wrote: »
    carnie wrote: »

Why take him out?

He will be rested for at least one of the next two games

naughtb4 wrote: »

That confirmed? Reason I ask is I would get Walker Peters in as my budget defender if that’s the case

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

That confirmed? Reason I ask is I would get Walker Peters in as my budget defender if that’s the case

He is a Spurs full back,they are always rotated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Trippier has only played one of the last three Tottenham premier league games. Why does he need so much rest?

• Advertisement

macraignil wrote: »

Trippier has only played one of the last three Tottenham premier league games. Why does he need so much rest?

There must be something underlying there. Especially with united and arsenal losing, spurs now have breathing space.

And I say that as a current owner, unsure if him or KDB should be removed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

There must be something underlying there. Especially with united and arsenal losing, spurs now have breathing space.

And I say that as a current owner, unsure if him or KDB should be removed

Used my free transfer already so will be leaving Trippier to play if he plays and getting a sub in off the bench if he doesn't. Have a fit 15 players for a change so not going to worry about rotation which I have no way of predicting. I'd be surprised if he does get rested with so few games left and having been rested so recently already but would not be the first time to be surprised by rotation.

Do I start Bednarek (home to Bournemouth, Digne (away to Palace), Montoya (home to Newcastle have Duffy)

If not Bednarek which 2 do I start Wilson, Gray (have Delefeou) or Lacazette

Or do I bring in defender?

Do I start Bednarek (home to Bournemouth, Digne (away to Palace), Montoya (home to Newcastle have Duffy)

If palace play to their norm and sit deep you could get lots of potential Digne points from corners, crosses, even free kicks.

Bednarek is usually at best a 6 pointer player and southampton dont keep many clean sheets

And ive no idea on Montoya.

Digne definitely has the highest upside though of him and benderak

Gray scored last weekend and should be motivated to try make a case for the FA Cup final and Lacazette due to him nearly having to start given Aubas sinus stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'd go Digne. Palace look safe now and Everton are supposedly setting their sights on 7th as a goal. Saves doubling on Brighton and playing Bednarek who I have zero faith in myself at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd go Digne. Palace look safe now and Everton are supposedly setting their sights on 7th as a goal. Saves doubling on Brighton and playing Bednarek who I have zero faith in myself at this stage.

Not really as just a goal. Europa League will likely go to 7th if City win the cup.

Leicester Watford Everton Wolves all in close contention for it. Likely have something to play for coming to end of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Likely risking Sterling ----> Mane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

KDB to Salah for me. That will mean going without Aguero for the rest of season though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

threein99 wrote: »
    KDB to Salah for me. That will mean going without Aguero for the rest of season though

It's a bold move cotton let's see how it works out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

In a bit of a pickle this week ...

Ryan (Gunn)
    TAA Laporte Duffy (Valery, Bennett)
    Mané Eriksen Jota Deulofeu (KDB)
    Agüero Jiménez Vardy

The original plan was to do Eriksen to Salah and Vardy to a cheapo striker but that's gone out the window with KDB's injury and Vardy coming up against a hopeless Arsenal. Also realised that most direct rivals have both Son and Sterling, so I feel a bit exposed. With 2FT and 0.6 ITB, any views on these options?

1. KDB > Salah and Vardy > 6.1 (Rondón/Barnes/Gray/Llorente) for free
    2. KDB > Son this week as cover then next week Eriksen > Sterling plus Vardy/Jiménez/Jota out
    3. KDB+Eriksen > Sterling+Son plus Jota or Jiménez out to fund the missing 1.0 (for a -4)
    4. Burn 1FT on something else

• Advertisement

KDB and Trippier to Dann and Sterling

Have doubts over Trippiers starts with the Champions League and Spurs having some breathing space in the top 4 race.

This does mean no Salah for the rest of the season but I just cannot find the money without either a minus 8 or dumping lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

COH wrote: »
    Sterling > Salah

or

Erikson > Mane

OR

Both for a -4?
    Erikson - Mane only

There's definitely no better defenders available this week in the 5m range, Southampton and Everton both been defending well.

I'd start Digne if I was you

Thinking of a end of season punt on Zaha instead of Wilson. EVE car BOU to end the season, safe now so should be all out attack

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Have Mane/Robbo as my Pool guys

Am 0.2 short for KdB and Jiminez to Siggy and Firmino (-4)

Now thinking of KdB and Eriksen to Siggy and Sterling (-4)

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Anyone been watching Southampton lately? Any idea how Redmond is performing? Thinking of bringing him in as 5th mid for BB. Have 6.2m to spend.

Deulofeu would be nice either but hard to know how many mins he'll get.

OR, do -4 for Redmond and Gray, and get rid of Rashford. No idea what to do and deadline looming!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I might go wild by doing Doucouré to Camarasa.

Cardiff still have something to play for and Brighton haven't scored a goal since GW30 so they aren't particularly appealing at the moment. Plus I already have Ryan and Duffy so that's enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Could do Eriksen & Ryan ---> Hamer & Salah for a -4

Will Foster play the 3 remains league fixtures with the cup final on the horizon? He could be dropped for the last game to give Gomes a prep for the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Could do Eriksen & Ryan ---> Hamer & Salah for a -4

Will Foster play the 3 remains league fixtures with the cup final on the horizon? He could be dropped for the last game to give Gomes a prep for the final?

Would be certain Gomes plays one of last 3
    But don’t necessarily think it will be the last one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

km79 wrote: »
    Would be certain Gomes plays one of last 3
    But don’t necessarily think it will be the last one

OK cool thanks for the info, I have different options in defence who I can swap out for the -4. Might do Duffy/Digne for either AWB or 4.2 fodder

Advertisement