Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for ivf

• 04-12-2018 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

So my amh level is 7. Got another amh test today to check it.
    Aged 36.
    Ttc for years.
    Had hsg and blood tests.

Due to low amh and my age the consultant told me I would likely need ivf. So I am being referred for that.

Any one have any ivf experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Sorry to hear things arent happening for you.

I took 18 months to concieve my first son who was sadly stillborn at 41 weeks. I then started trying again and when nothing happened after a year we went to a fertility clinic. My EMT showed that at 32 U had the ovarian reserve of aprox a 40 year old (cant recall the number)

Proceeded with IVF and were incredibly lucky it worked first time and I have an amazing little 18 month old now.

I wrote a little diary on my blog of going through the process if it's any help to read. Best of luck xxx

https://l4stars.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/grief-and-joy/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

I conceived twins naturally with an amh of 1.0. We were getting ready for IVF and had polyps removed and I conceived on next cycle. If you are ovulating regularly it might be something else at play. But no harm to get investigations now. My periods are completely different now to before the polyp removal. I had been spotting a lot etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CLCH79

Hi all
    Hope you can help by sharing your experiences
    Myself and my partner have been trying to conceive for some time now, I’m 40 now and have decided to go with ivf, wondering of your experiences. We have been actively trying last few months and have received protocol, due to start next Tuesday. My question is what happens a if I potentially was naturally pregnant this month (currently on day 19) and I’m due to start on Fematab treatment tablets on Tuesday? Has anyone any advise or experience on this? I keep delaying ivf thinking it could be my lucky month ... 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭LCD

CLCH79 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Hope you can help by sharing your experiences
    Myself and my partner have been trying to conceive for some time now, I’m 40 now and have decided to go with ivf, wondering of your experiences. We have been actively trying last few months and have received protocol, due to start next Tuesday. My question is what happens a if I potentially was naturally pregnant this month (currently on day 19) and I’m due to start on Fematab treatment tablets on Tuesday? Has anyone any advise or experience on this? I keep delaying ivf thinking it could be my lucky month ... ��

I would suggest proceed as normal with the IVF & if you get pregnant naturally huge/massive bonus. IVF typically takes an incredibly long time, think years not months. From our 1st appointment to child being born almost 5years

So my amh level is 7. Got another amh test today to check it.
    Aged 36.
    Ttc for years.
    Had hsg and blood tests.

Due to low amh and my age the consultant told me I would likely need ivf. So I am being referred for that.

Any one have any ivf experience.

Thanks for the advise, I was confused as got very little time to make a decision but have now since changed my mind and have now started tablets for IVF! Thanks again

• Advertisement

If anyone has any advice on how much time if best to take off work or what has worked for you? I have a very stressful office job, thinking of taking a few weeks during treatment

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

If anyone has any advice on how much time if best to take off work or what has worked for you? I have a very stressful office job, thinking of taking a few weeks during treatment

Best of luck with the IVF process. I had TSI, IUI 3 times and IVF once. Unfortunately all were negative. Throughout my first 4 experiences I continued to work. I found it very difficult to reorganise work, attend scans, be at home for injections and stay sane. I found it highly stressful.
    For the IVF I had a good chat with a nurse before it began. I was very honest about what I felt stressful during previous attempts. So I took 4 weeks off work. I was sick from the day I got a period until a few days after transfer. Years ago I thought the company wouldn't survive without me. I'm wiser now!! I know the IVF didn't work but it was the correct decision for me. The hormones from the injections can be hard. Everyone is different. I kept busy during the time off. I did some jobs I'd been putting on the long finger. I kept a low profile so my friends thought I was at work. It definitely helped me make the process easier. More than once I'd been told stress was not recommended. I just got gynaecology issues on my cert and no questions asked.

Either way I wish you the very best of luck

Best of luck with the IVF process. I had TSI, IUI 3 times and IVF once. Unfortunately all were negative. Throughout my first 4 experiences I continued to work. I found it very difficult to reorganise work, attend scans, be at home for injections and stay sane. I found it highly stressful.
    For the IVF I had a good chat with a nurse before it began. I was very honest about what I felt stressful during previous attempts. So I took 4 weeks off work. I was sick from the day I got a period until a few days after transfer. Years ago I thought the company wouldn't survive without me. I'm wiser now!! I know the IVF didn't work but it was the correct decision for me. The hormones from the injections can be hard. Everyone is different. I kept busy during the time off. I did some jobs I'd been putting on the long finger. I kept a low profile so my friends thought I was at work. It definitely helped me make the process easier. More than once I'd been told stress was not recommended. I just got gynaecology issues on my cert and no questions asked.

Either way I wish you the very best of luck

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!! Yes i’m Thinking the same so might look at taking same time off, I just started tablets so early days but work it’s so stressful and demanding i’m Already dreading both
    Thanks again ❤️

Has anyone here been advised to get a Rubella vaccination booster a couple of weeks before IVF?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

Hey so ive just gone through my 1st round of IVF . The only time i took off work was egg collection day, i was fully sedated for it, when i came home i slept for 4 hours, so glad i did take the full day and wish i took the next day off just to give myself an extra day.
    My embryo transfer was on a sunday but i took the monday off.
    Im quite lucky in my job i can work from home when i need to and my boss was in the middle of relocating so she wasn't paying much attention. A lot of people seem to take the 2ww off but i think I'd crack up, work was a welcome distraction (for once).
    My current job isn't stressful but my last one was, during this i did an iui and again i didn't take time off during 2ww, as stressful as it was i still don't think i could do nothing for the 2ww.

Not sure if any of that helps :-)

• Advertisement

Thanks Shellbean
    Yes I think I might take some time off, having an stressful job might not be the best environment to be in
    Thanks again

Hi there, so i’m I’m in the middle of IVF with Beacon and having second thoughts, while they have been great and protocol has gone well I can’t stop thinking of my last call received from them.... To explain my situation: i decided to go with PGS testing as i’m 39 so we needed embryos to reach blastocyst. I had 19 eggs in total retriever of which 15 were matured, we received a call on day 5 to confirm only 3 made it and were ready to be sent for testing, sadly later that day they called back to say only 2 made it and that one had died when they were taking a sample of it. I’ve done a lot of research and can’t see anything online that says this is a risk so wondering was this malpractice? I’m still waiting for the results but really can’t stop thinking of that one that didn’t make it and worried I now have just 2 chances instead of 3...
    Has anyone have a similar experience with Beacon or anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Hi there, so i’m I’m in the middle of IVF with Beacon and having second thoughts, while they have been great and protocol has gone well I can’t stop thinking of my last call received from them.... To explain my situation: i decided to go with PGS testing as i’m 39 so we needed embryos to reach blastocyst. I had 19 eggs in total retriever of which 15 were matured, we received a call on day 5 to confirm only 3 made it and were ready to be sent for testing, sadly later that day they called back to say only 2 made it and that one had died when they were taking a sample of it. I’ve done a lot of research and can’t see anything online that says this is a risk so wondering was this malpractice? I’m still waiting for the results but really can’t stop thinking of that one that didn’t make it and worried I now have just 2 chances instead of 3...
    Has anyone have a similar experience with Beacon or anywhere else?

The fact that the embryo perished during the sample taking process doesn't necessarily mean that the sample taking process caused it to perish, if you understand what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭LCD

The eggs are incredibly delicate. We harvested something ridiculous like 35, 10 made it to fertilisation, 6 made it to the freezer & only 5 ever survived the thawing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thebourke

is 45 too old for ivf?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 xeniane

It depends on many reasons. 25 might be too old for IVF cos of health issues. 45 is okay considering modern medicine offers many supporting procedures such as ovarian reserve rejuvenation, PGS NGS, and much more. Visiting your doc and checking your health will answer your question.

Advertisement