Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question about the Lighthouse cinema

• 25-04-2019 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Are the tickets for the Lighthouse cinema the same price at the cinema as online or cheaper online also does there be a seat number on the ticket or do you just sit where you want in the screen your film is on?

Do the seats bottoms fold up or not?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

AMKC wrote: »
    Are the tickets for the Lighthouse cinema the same price at the cinema as online or cheaper online

Same afaik.
    also does there be a seat number on the ticket or do you just sit where you want in the screen your film is on?

No seat numbers.
    Do the seats bottoms fold up or not?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Same afaik.

No seat numbers.

No.

Thank you. Never been before. Hoping to go soon.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Also if you do but the ticket online is there a Q code or do you need the tickets printed?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Also if you do but the ticket online is there a Q code or do you need the tickets printed?

bring the card you used and print at machine at cinema

great cinema imo, best in dublin for comfort and generally bit more respect from the crowd there for others watchin

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Same afaik.

No seat numbers.

No.

Thats actually nuts, I couldn't believe it last time I was there. Its a great screen and setup mind, but not having assigned seating seems crazy. Imagine tonight for Avengers, you'd need to be in your seat an hour early to get a good seat.

Maybe its a community based cinema their trying to build. I saw a cosplay event there for the last Star Wars.

• Advertisement
    Ms

bring the card you used and print at machine at cinema

great cinema imo, best in dublin for comfort and generally bit more respect from the crowd there for others watchin

Thank you?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Agree with this, the most comfortable cinema I have ever been in and instead of talking, taking pictures etc.. the crowds actually want to watch the movie they have paid to see!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Thats actually nuts, I couldn't believe it last time I was there. Its a great screen and setup mind, but not having assigned seating seems crazy. Imagine tonight for Avengers, you'd need to be in your seat an hour early to get a good seat.

All the seats are good in my experience.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,089 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep, I’ve found myself in the front rows before without any issues. Plenty of space between the seats and screen.

The only place the lack of unassigned seating bothers me is IFI screen 2, but I think that’s just because it’s probably the most uncomfortable screen in Dublin. Thankfully it’s being renovated soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was looking to book tickets for endgame for 6 of us. 3 kids. Figured it would be too much of a scramble to risk trying get seats together so booked elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement