Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 36 Transfer thread - Liverpool attackers in, someone out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

skippy15 wrote: »
    Looking at a 5m Def for this week's BB, any ideas? Have 3 pool and can't see much else appealing
    Slim pickings alright

Keane (cpl)
    Or a Fulham defender - back to back clean sheets and CAR this week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

km79 wrote: »
    Son was electric midweek
    Again today ( although no fantasy points)
    And has West ham at home next week when he is damn near guaranteed 90 minutes
    Find another way

They're doing very little to convince me here km ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rikand wrote: »
    They're doing very little to convince me here km ;)

Son is playing very wide as well........

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Spurs team now a minefield with CL just about secured after tonight.

Moura & Ali maybe the best shouts for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Three options now...

1. Bank. Bench KDB as have strong 8 since wc. TC Mané
    2. Eriksen and KDB to Salah & cheap mid for - 4. May tc Salah.
    3. Eriksen and KDB to Sterling & cheap for - 4. TC Mané

Expected Eriksen rest tonight, surely it will come on Saturday...

Advice welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

dahat wrote: »
    Spurs team now a minefield with CL just about secured after tonight.

Moura & Ali maybe the best shouts for the weekend.

Son suspended for ajax first leg, will surely start the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KevIRL wrote: »
    Son suspended for ajax first leg, will surely start the weekend

Yes, playing wider tonight though it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Worried about Trent being rested against Huddersfield this weekend. He's still very young and has played a lot of football recently. Has Klopp made any noises about resting him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Pighead wrote: »
    Worried about Trent being rested against Huddersfield this weekend. He's still very young and has played a lot of football recently. Has Klopp made any noises about resting him?

Haven't heard noises, but with Gomez coming back to fitness, it's an ideal game to try give him 90 minutes.
    But klopp will be throwing the sink at Huddersfield, so I'd expect TAA to play, he is the more attacking of the two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Doctor Zhivago

Pighead wrote: »
    You answered your own question, he's young and well able for it. No way Klopp messes with a team on a winning run going for the title for the sake of a returning full-back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Salah in NYC tonight for Times awards.

Would expect he’ll be back in Liverpool tomorrow. Either way it’s not ideal for a Friday night game and with Barca on Wednesday, huge potential that he’ll be rested or only play 60

Not sure I’ll TC now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chesty08 wrote: »

Would expect he’ll be back in Liverpool tomorrow. Either way it’s not ideal for a Friday night game and with Barca on Wednesday, huge potential that he’ll be rested or only play 60

Not sure I’ll TC now

Yeah I'm thinking the same. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts as a sub now. There's always a spanner in the works.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭shmeee

Chesty08 wrote: »

Not sure I’ll TC now

Just catching up on a bit of twitter now this morning and I think the same, if he fly's back today / tonight. Doesn't leave much time for a session before the match Friday.

Mane is more than likely my FT in this week then for KdB. Had funds for Salah but getting a bit worried he won't see the full game or even start.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

With all this Salah craic. I'll go with Mane as the captain and Salah Vice. I fully expect Salah rested now and subs on late if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Had been saving my TC for Salah in this game all season!! Really don't know what to do now...back to the drawing board.

Anyone have any views on best options between now and the end of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

With all this Salah craic. I'll go with Mane as the captain and Salah Vice. I fully expect Salah rested now and subs on late if needed.

Liverpool are going for their first league title in 29 years. They have 5 days rest before Barcelona. Not a hope any of the front 3 are rested for Huddersfield.

This is certainly going to make people reluctant to sign him/captain him .
    When he went off to the African awards in December (I think) there was similar talk. Did he start ?

km79 wrote: »
    This is certainly going to make people reluctant to sign him/captain him .
    When he went off to the African awards in December (I think) there was similar talk. Did he start ?

Played and scored away to Brighton. Even got 3 bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

They really can't afford to slip up against the likes of Huddersfield. I'll be shocked if Salah doesn't start.

Benimar wrote: »

There we are so.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Scored a penalty in a 1-0 win against Brighton

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Benimar wrote: »

So we have now narrowed down what Salah must do to get bonus.

Travel away before the game. Make us question captain him and voila 3 bonus.

I do fear a 60th min sub though as I would expect them to be 2-3 up by that stage just a matter of he score them :pac:

So we have now narrowed down what Salah must do to get bonus.

Travel away before the game. Make us question captain him and voila 3 bonus.

I do fear a 60th min sub though as I would expect them to be 2-3 up by that stage just a matter of he score them :pac:

Leicester away, Chelsea away, Everton at home (all in first half of season) and Man Utd away are the only 4 games of the 34 he has started that Salah hasn't got at least 80 minutes. Hes only got less than 70 minutes once (Leicester)

Players being rested is so that, when this part of the season comes, they have energy in the tank and can play every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is KdB and Eriksen for Babel and Salah (c) for -4 completely mental when I already have Mane?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Xterminator

dumb question but why the focus on getting rid of city players. is there a gameweek coming up when they have a blank?
    there's no cup fixtures left, so im not sure why this would be the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭claw

dumb question but why the focus on getting rid of city players. is there a gameweek coming up when they have a blank?
    there's no cup fixtures left, so im not sure why this would be the case?

I imagine it's certain City players like KDB and Sane that are being got rid of. Sterling and Aguero are being bought. Quite a lot of people don't have 3 Liverpool players that focused on the double gameweek so have to fund it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you're overthinking that Salah thing.

he's a multi-millionaire professional footballer, playing for a huge club, a club that will provide the most luxurious travel imaginable back from NYC.

there is no hope that they are risking 3 points by having Salah in poor condition. his travel will be beyond anything we've ever experienced, and I suspect he won't even feel jetlag. there is no way Liverpool would allow him to do the TIME thing if they thought he'd be negatively affected for Friday.

I'd be absolutely astonished if he doesn't start on Friday.

SlickRic wrote: »

he's a multi-millionaire professional footballer, playing for a huge club, a club that will provide the most luxurious travel imaginable back from NYC.

there is no hope that they are risking 3 points by having Salah in poor condition. his travel will be beyond anything we've ever experienced, and I suspect he won't even feel jetlag. there is no way Liverpool would allow him to do the TIME thing if they thought he'd be negatively affected for Friday.

Seen another photo of Gini W off on a city break with Memphis Depay! Clearly Klopp has given them time off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

SlickRic wrote: »

Yeah a skin full of pints before he gets on the plane and he will sleep like a log, works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

There's only one Liverpool midfield option worth considering this week, as both a transfer in and captain!

*dusts off old folder of Prodston memes*

The Henderbus! :D

tjA3o5M.jpg?1

Advertisement