Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boxing betting thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Good bet!

What an incredibly woeful fight though. Gashi was terrible. Didn’t want any of Chisora and Chisora just took the win. Doesn’t do anything for him career wise though. He looked piss poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Boxrec tells me Oscar Negrete and Joshua Franco are having their rematch on Thursday (for those that missed it, the first fight was insane...both threw over 1100 punches. It was like a Marquez-Vasquez fight. Well worth a watch, definite FOTY candidate). Anyway first fight was a draw but I felt Franco finished stronger and arguably deserved the nod. He's a @2.5 underdog, I think that'll tighten closer to the fight and once again it should be a super close fight.

Angliru wrote: »
    Boxrec tells me Oscar Negrete and Joshua Franco are having their rematch on Thursday (for those that missed it, the first fight was insane...both threw over 1100 punches. It was like a Marquez-Vasquez fight. Well worth a watch, definite FOTY candidate). Anyway first fight was a draw but I felt Franco finished stronger and arguably deserved the nod. He's a @2.5 underdog, I think that'll tighten closer to the fight and once again it should be a super close fight.

Best price is now @2.1, gone odds on favourite on places like 365 and Hills, @1.8/1.73

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Gallo Estrada on points @ 13/5

Lerrone Richards on points @ 13/10

Viktor Postol on points @ 11/10

Robert Easter on points @ 4/7

Franco wins by SD. I read somewhere that Negrete opened as a 2/7 favourite and drifted out to 6/4 by fight time. Wish I opposed that early but I doubt it was available on European books. Another very close fight, not as exciting as the first fight but still one of the fights of the year. A trilogy is surely on the cards.

Fancy Estrada tonight although I might be blinded by favouritism. Face off was intense enough, should be another war.

• Advertisement

Prograis by decision vs Relikh @3.5 should be a play. Prograis should win but Relikh is a bit of a beast himself, and very durable. Prograis seemed to be in second gear against Flanagan but he still should have got him out of there when he had him hurt. It did look like he just wanted the 12 rounds so maybe one can't look at that fight too closely. I think Relikh @7.5 on the Exchange might even be worth a gamble though, I think he's going to cause Prograis some bother.

Prograis by decision vs Relikh @3.5 should be a play. Prograis should win but Relikh is a bit of a beast himself, and very durable. Prograis seemed to be in second gear against Flanagan but he still should have got him out of there when he had him hurt. It did look like he just wanted the 12 rounds so maybe one can't look at that fight too closely. I think Relikh @7.5 on the Exchange might even be worth a gamble though, I think he's going to cause Prograis some bother.
    I'll take Prograis by decision also. Relikh is a solid fighter and should be unbeaten imo. Got two rotten decisions go against him. Prograis should be too much for him but I don't expect Relikh to look completely out of place and he should go some rounds.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Gallo Estrada on points @ 13/5

Lerrone Richards on points @ 13/10

Viktor Postol on points @ 11/10

Robert Easter on points @ 4/7
    A draw in the last fight has done me in on a 26/1 accumulator. Sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

A draw in the last fight has done me in on a 26/1 accumulator. Sickened.

I took your first 3 and prograis by points sickened

Quick one before it starts. Inoue on points @4.33. Insane value imo.

• Advertisement

Quick one before it starts. Inoue on points @4.33. Insane value imo.

Never mind, Inoue is the f*cking GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'd never go for Inoue on points, he is an absolute freak and one of the most monster P4P punchers I've ever seen. That was too easy for him.

Wilder to KO Breazeale has been priced at 4/6 with Paddy Power. That price isn't going to last long.

The problem with Breazeale is that he blocks punches with his chin. Can't get away with that against a puncher like Wilder. Free money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Boooourns

The problem with Breazeale is that he blocks punches with his chin. Can't get away with that against a puncher like Wilder. Free money.

Ended up doing a treble of that with Inoue KO and Taylor to win.

Canizales vs Kimura is pretty much a 50/50 fight yet you can grab Canizales @3.0. Kimura is known to struggle with weight cuts and although he looks in very fine shape, I do think the odds aren't near as tight as they should be.

Very little else of value this weekend I feel. There's been a fairly decent drift on Tarver Jr. which is interesting.

Canizales vs Kimura is pretty much a 50/50 fight yet you can grab Canizales @3.0. Kimura is known to struggle with weight cuts and although he looks in very fine shape, I do think the odds aren't near as tight as they should be.

Very little else of value this weekend I feel. There's been a fairly decent drift on Tarver Jr. which is interesting.

Canizales wins by almost shutout UD

Algieri by decision @2.2 ... Am I missing something here? Absolutely no way Algieri gets a stoppage victory imo.

Two more. Joshua in 7-12 @3.75 and Rodney Hernandez @3.5

Oh my God Chris Algieri managed to get a stoppage win. ****ing lump on Andy Ruiz the sky is about to fall.

Oh my God Chris Algieri managed to get a stoppage win. ****ing lump on Andy Ruiz the sky is about to fall.

The sky fell.... Literally and figuratively.

At least Hernandez won. Weird night of Boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone think Gorman is great value at 2/1 against Dubois? I'd fancy Gorman outboxes him, I'm not at all sold on Dubois.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

Johner wrote: »
    Anyone think Gorman is great value at 2/1 against Dubois? I'd fancy Gorman outboxes him, I'm not at all sold on Dubois.

Probably worth a punt at 2/1 tbh

Think Dorticos should spark Tabiti but Glowacki is a fine call. Briedis looked horrendous the last time I saw him and I remember hearing he'd lost the motivation and heart for the sport. Whether that has been fixed or not I don't know. It is in Latvia but you'd hope the WBSS have competent judges in so Glowacki should get a fair chance.

Sokolowski 2/1
    Welborn 2/1

Both in 50/50 fights imo so will take the value there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Sokolowski 2/1
    Welborn 2/1

Both in 50/50 fights imo so will take the value there.

I see sokolowski won anyway.

I see sokolowski won anyway.

Seems Welborn is glass to the body unfortunately. Shame. Competitive fight up to that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Will fury stop him or will it go distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Will fury stop him or will it go distance?

I backed a stopped under 7.5 rds at 4 to 1 and also schwarz going down in the first six at jusy under evens. Hoping fury is eager to.impress with his new contract

I put a cheeky 5euro at 16/1 for a Schwarz ko/tko/disqualification

• Advertisement

Wow was happy to lose the 5euro to see fury box like that. Nothing short of spectacular from the big man

Advertisement