Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster v Toulouse L'effort pour cinq contre The Drive for Five

• 21-04-2019 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Leinster
    15. Rob Kearney (207)
    14. Jordan Larmour (35)
    13. Garry Ringrose (61)
    12. Robbie Henshaw (33)
    11. James Lowe (26)
    10. Johnny Sexton (156) CAPTAIN
    9. Luke McGrath (109)
    1. Cian Healy (204)
    2. Seán Cronin (169)
    3. Tadhg Furlong (98)
    4. Devin Toner (228)
    5. James Ryan (27)
    6. Rhys Ruddock (158)
    7. Seán O’Brien (124)
    8. Jack Conan (85)

16. James Tracy (90)
    17. Ed Byrne (42)
    18. Michael Bent (121)
    19. Scott Fardy (40)
    20. Max Deegan (41)
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan (13)
    22. Ross Byrne (67)
    23. Rory O’Loughlin (59)

Toulouse: Thomas Ramos; Yoann Huget, Sofiane Guitoune, Pita Ahki, Cheslin Kolbe; Antoine Dupont, Sebastien Bezy; Clement Castets, Peato Mauvaka, Charlie Faumuina; Richie Arnold, Richie Gray; Rynhardt Elstadt, Joe Tekori, Jerome Kaino.

Replacements: Guillaume Marchand, Cyril Baille, Maks Van Dyk, Selevasio Tolofua, Piula Faasalele, Francois Cros, Romain Ntamack, Maxime Medard.

Ref Wayne Barnes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Can’t wait, this will be incredible game....

Had ticket for premium and nabbed a few for the box so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Leinster should win but any sort of purple patch in the game from Toulouse could see them score a couple of tries and turn things completely.

Should be a belter of a game. I reckon the pace will be frantic. Toulouse have gone with as much pace and energy as possible from the bench which could be key. Hopefully we run the legs off their starters before they can come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Yep, the biggest worry here is how many of our players are playing a first game after a long lay off or very recent injuries, Furlong, Sexton, Ringrose, Henshaw. Its great to have them back, but you gotta hope they havent been rushed

Anyway Leinster by 8

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Great day for the match. On the train from Rosslare, picking up Leinster fans at every stop. Leinster should win this but we need the likes of Sexton to hit the ground running after their layoffs. Expecting the game to be played at a frantic pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭swiwi_

...L'effort pour cinq...

Cinq ou swim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Yeah this is definitely a pear and bacon day.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

What a day for a game. Leinster are not in the best place coming in to this, many big players with not a lot of game time. Hopefully it'll be our day and we can go on to beat Saracens!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

steves2 wrote: »
    What a day for a game. Leinster are not in the best place coming in to this, many big players with not a lot of game time. Hopefully it'll be our day and we can go on to beat Saracens!
    There is that clicking thing which they haven't done very much this season. Do that and they should be too strong but have a feeling it will be very tight and would not be surprised at it going either way. Hoping for Leinster win.

Yeah this is definitely a pear and bacon day.

Closed. :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leinster by 10+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

awec wrote: »
    Leinster by 10+.

I like your optimisim but unless Leinster match the level of intensity they reached against them in the RDS, don’t see that happening. I’m not saying they won’t but they haven’t come close to it since.

Ended up in Metro Cafe, beside a table of Toulouse fans! They're consuming prime soakage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ended up in Metro Cafe, beside a table of Toulouse fans! They're consuming prime soakage.

You do know that Brunch on William St is about the most Leinster thing a person can do, careful you don't turn blue....

Although the MOST Leinster thing I ever saw was on a bus to Thomond, coincidentally, where a few lads had two full 2L 7up bottles, one with home-mixed Mojito, the other with Gin & Tonic. They also had a charcuterie selection in a cooler bag. Particularly tasty olives as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mikeldavis

Live :- tinyurl.com/y3gn4ohq

Sunday, 21 April 2019

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You do know that Brunch on William St is about the most Leinster thing a person can do, careful you don't turn blue....

Although the MOST Leinster thing I ever saw was on a bus to Thomond, coincidentally, where a few lads had two full 2L 7up bottles, one with home-mixed Mojito, the other with Gin & Tonic. They also had a charcuterie selection in a cooler bag. Particularly tasty olives as I recall.

That was probably .ak.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'm going to miss this as I'm doing a surf lesson in Kerry at the same time.

*That's a leinsterish thing to be doing?*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

awec wrote: »
    Leinster by 10+.

By +1 will do me fine. No need to overdo it. Plus, we need to conserve some of our energy to ensure that we beat Jordie's boys up in Ravinghill next weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

En route for a few pre-match pints. Good few blue jerseys about already. Good sign. Nerves are kicking in now. This is a bloody good Toulouse side and we have a few question marks over our ability to find some form today. But we've Toner, Sexton, Henshaw and Lowe back in since the Ulster game. If we're going to find form it's with those guys. Retain possession and move them around a lot. In this weather we may well be able to open them up in the middle half of the game. But as Buer says, we also need to be on top of the when they get momentum, which they inevitably will.

COME ON LEINSTER!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Backed Leinster -7 on the handicap. Think it will be similar to the pool match, if we can keep them from scoring early tries we'll pull away as it goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Just about to head in. Belter of a day. Really looking forward to the match and confident we can beat them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Depressed Munster fan back from Coventry. In London. Hoping to see a Leinster win so I can see you guys stick it to Saracens in Newcastle. Any ideas for somewhere to watch the game in central London?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

Ruddock out sick. Fardy starts. Doris bench

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Fardy more than capable to rise to occasion. Hopefully Ruddock will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,951 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

FFS

Can Ruddock actually catch a break. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

An amateur rugby fan here. Excuse my ignorance in advance. I see that Sexton had Davd Alred this week to assist him. I think he is a kicking coach.

Also O'Gara was a kicking coach with Stade F when (I think) Carter was playing there. I may be wrong there however.

What exactly does a kicking coach do? Has Sexton forgotten how to kick? Was O'Gara showing Carter how to kick s rugby ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

bobbyss wrote: »
    An amateur rugby fan here. Excuse my ignorance in advance. I see that Sexton had Davd Alred this week to assist him. I think he is a kicking coach.

Also O'Gara was a kicking coach with Stade F when (I think) Carter was playing there. I may be wrong there however.

What exactly does a kicking coach do? Has Sexton forgotten how to kick? Was O'Gara showing Carter how to kick s rugby ball?

Dave Alred is a performance coach in general. He works with golfers as well. Helps on the mental side as well as the technical side.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,628 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

bobbyss wrote: »

The 42 rugby podcast were talking about Alred this week. He prefers his players to use a spiral kick. One that gets you more distance but isn't as reliable when it comes to direction. These days players prefer to kick the ball end over end. Maybe he was helping Sexton brush up on his technique.

Is it kick off yet?

No?

Suppose I might as well have another beer so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭griffinlee

Venjur wrote: »
    Is it kick off yet?

No?

Suppose I might as well have another beer so.

im butchered sitting in the garden already

Advertisement