Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coldcake

I've been using the Brave browser around a month or two now. I bought some BAT at around the same time and it is nice seeing it go up.

Brave rewards is working on the Beta version of Brave. I have seen a few ads and made a few BAT but I'm not too sure if Ireland is included in the roll-out yet as I haven't seen that many ads.

I have also got a good few monthly grants of BAT that can only be tipped to content creators or websites and while they can be cashed out by the people you tip, you can't cash the grant in yourself as these are from the User Growth Pool.

Have to say I love the desktop version and use the android version on my phone as the main browser. I did ask over in the tech and IT if anyone was using the browser but got no replies so I guess its not well known here.

I have also tipped Boards but they aren't a verified site yet. You can still tip unverified sites but the tips will be returned after a while if they don't register. I also tip the Guardian and other sites I use who are verified.

This is my first real step in to cyrpto and alt coins and it's got me really interested in the whole area. I am sure this must be the same for other Brave users.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

el diablo wrote:
    The founder of Boards.ie was a regular poster here in the crypto forums during the bull market but haven't seen him post in a while. Not sure if he's still involved in crypto.

Maybe he/she lost their shirt & doesn't want to talk about it? It's also possible that they made a killing but usually people like to brag about winning but not about losing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

coldcake wrote: »
    I've been using the Brave browser around a month or two now.
    The very same. Never got round to signing up properly for the token end of it yet.
    However, on the basics of the browser, they have some work to do. I can't load certain websites (eg. netflix - but there are others) and it also seems to glitch sometimes in loading a new page. I've lost work on pages where I've input information ...when forced to refresh. I hope they get those things addressed as I like the nature of what they're offering otherwise (and naturally, I want to support it also).
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Maybe he/she lost their shirt & doesn't want to talk about it? It's also possible that they made a killing but usually people like to brag about winning but not about losing
    Maybe or maybe not. There's no mystery here. The market peaked and fell. Anyone that got in ATH took a beating. It makes no difference whether they come on here and say so (nor would anyone want to rub someones nose in it...at least any normal person wouldn't).

Netflix works fine for me you just have to click the allow widevine on the right side of the address bar, but you are right some site don't work with the shields fully up but the good thing is when you turn-off some elements to allow sites to work the browser remembers that for the next time you visit that site.

There is no signing up on the user side you just have to enable rewards. I think creators do have to sign up. It will be interesting to see where the price goes as it is rumored that ads will be launched next week.

Netflix works fine for me you just have to click the allow widevine on the right side of the address bar, but you are right some site don't work with the shields fully up but the good thing is when you turn-off some elements to allow sites to work the browser remembers that for the next time you visit that site.

Whilst I am actively using it, I didn't even spend a second on figuring out anything for those things (I was just flicking back to another browser). However, just got that sorted out right now - thanks.
    There is no signing up on the user side you just have to enable rewards. I think creators do have to sign up. It will be interesting to see where the price goes as it is rumored that ads will be launched next week.
    I guess that's what I meant by 'sign-up'. Again, I didn't want to spend the time on it right now as I figured there would be wallet setup involved and stuff. ..but just switched it on right now - pretty seamless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just checked Brave browser there for Android and claimed another 20 BAT, up to 45 now. I tried to turn on ads to start earning but the setting just says Coming Soon, is there a way around that? If I make it my default browser and use it all day every day like I do with Chrome right now will I earn more rewards or does it not make any difference yet?

Thargor wrote: »
    Just checked Brave browser there for Android and claimed another 20 BAT, up to 45 now. I tried to turn on ads to start earning but the setting just says Coming Soon, is there a way around that? If I make it my default browser and use it all day every day like I do with Chrome right now will I earn more rewards or does it not make any difference yet?

You have to download Brave developer or beta version to enable rewards. Remember the grants are only for tipping and can't be withdrawn by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Fcuk me BNB coin rocketed after I sold it...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The first 25 BAT you were given will expire on July 1st if you haven't used them to tip by then. They're are not a lot of sites I use that are set up to receive BAT but I tipped The Guardian, Coinmarketcap and a couple of other sure that I recognised that I visited once or twice.

Of sites not registered I tipped 10 BAT to boards. This is the perfect type of site to be set up for something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The first 25 BAT you were given will expire on July 1st if you haven't used them to tip by then. They're are not w lot of does I use that are set up to receive BAT but I tipped The Guardian, Coinmarketcap and a couple of other sure that I recognised that I visited once or twice.

Of sites not registered I tipped 10 BAT to boards. This is the perfect type of site to be set up for something like this.
    So I dont actually get to keep anything? Is there a way to earn the odd BAT just from browsing if I switch to it as my main browser?

• Advertisement

So I dont actually get to keep anything? Is there a way to earn the odd BAT just from browsing if I switch to it as my main browser?

Not currently, but there will be when it's released fully I believe. The BAT gifted to you can not be withdrawn but any you earn from viewing ads can be.

I've been seeing a few ads on the Brave developer version and have earned some BAT. I think the current price rise is due to the anticipation that BAT for viewing ads will be pushed to the main browser next week.

And I also made some BAT from signing up with Coinbase and watching a few videos on how BAT and Brave eco system works and I get to keep these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Slightly off topic, and probably a stupid question, but could BAT be used to tip individual posters on an Internet forum such as this?

From their whitepaper and I think this only refers to future possibilities.

Brendan Eich who is behind the browser was also behind JavaScript, so he is no slouch.

https://basicattentiontoken.org/BasicAttentionTokenWhitePaper-4.pdf

'Comments may be ranked or voted on using BAT tokens, similar to the “thumb-sup/thumbsdown” on some comment sections. Comment votes backed by BAT may be given more credibility due to the fact that someone cared enough to back the comment with what would be a limited supply of token, as well as the fact that a token trans-fer can be verified as coming from real people rather than robots. The right to post comments may also be purchased for some minimal payment, to cut down on abusive commenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Remember you saying it and you called it well.

How do you think the Bnb changeover will affect the ETH price

kerplun k wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, and probably a stupid question, but could BAT be used to tip individual posters on an Internet forum such as this?

It's possible on Twitter now so there's no reason why not. It's just a matter of integrating it.

Not a stupid question at all. Jack Dorsey of Twitter has talked about a desire to change the basis for social media so that good tangible content is rewarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

BAT on fire..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Haven't a scientific clue, but gut tells me ETH won't tank despite some scaremongering. Binance chain doesn't quite have the same ring to it anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

What is the BNB changeover? I haven't been up to speed with crypto in almost a year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

From their whitepaper and I think this only refers to future possibilities.

Brendan Eich who is behind the browser was also behind JavaScript, so he is no slouch.

https://basicattentiontoken.org/BasicAttentionTokenWhitePaper-4.pdf

'Comments may be ranked or voted on using BAT tokens, similar to the “thumb-sup/thumbsdown” on some comment sections. Comment votes backed by BAT may be given more credibility due to the fact that someone cared enough to back the comment with what would be a limited supply of token, as well as the fact that a token trans-fer can be verified as coming from real people rather than robots. The right to post comments may also be purchased for some minimal payment, to cut down on abusive commenters.

Some very exciting concepts there, a set up like this could be a game changer, it would change the landscape of a forum, you’d probably still get a few time wasters, but the credibility of posters would be vastly superior, and good content providers could be rewarded. It’s a great way to encourage sincere postings while allowing people to retain their anonymity. You’d probably still get sh1tty people and opinions but at least they’d be genuine, and if someone is just paying for the privilege to troll, good on them, at least they’d paying for it, so the only person they’d be trolling is themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Short-term? Impossible to tell. Maybe people FOMO into BNB.

Long-term? Positive, probably. The BNB/ETH pairing is less than 5% of BNB's volume, it's insignificant. It'll relieve ICO sell pressure on ETH, so that'll be nice. It's not competing with ETH in any other fashion, it's not programmable, there are no smart contract functions. I don't see why it would affect ETH bar people FOMOing into a coin at ATH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

grindle wrote: »
    Short-term? Impossible to tell. Maybe people FOMO into BNB.

Long-term? Positive, probably. The BNB/ETH pairing is less than 5% of BNB's volume, it's insignificant. It'll relieve ICO sell pressure on ETH, so that'll be nice. It's not competing with ETH in any other fashion, it's not programmable, there are no smart contract functions. I don't see why it would affect ETH bar people FOMOing into a coin at ATH.
    Given that its not programmable why would a coin like Enjinn move their

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Given that its not programmable why would a coin like Enjinn move their

Enjin hasn't moved their anything, the most news they've given is they'll be interoperable with Binance Chain. Their wallet will support Binance Chain, the DEX, BNB assets but it has made no mention of migrating to the non-existent Binance Chain smart contract platform.

He's back!!

2renrpt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Bought another 500 yesterday. If Bat gets to $1 it can follow Eth to 1k.

Bought another 500 yesterday. If Bat gets to $1 it can follow Eth to 1k.

I see hysteria is setting in already ;)

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I see hysteria is setting in already ;)

Already? BAT has been posting gains for close to three months now, it's gone up four places in market cap.

Hysteria was two months ago.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    :D:D

One of the longest contributors in the forum makes a call and that is your educated response.

:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement