Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

N7 this morning

• 20-04-2019 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

My OH had to go to work today ( we live in Newbridge).

As my OH came to J4, Newcastle the queue was immense, and crawling at 30kph. Why? Because 3 horse and traps were being ( I guess ) raced down the N7 in all 3 lanes. 999 was dialled, but they pulled off at J2.

Has law and order completely vroken down in this country? OR is there one law for some ethnicities and another for others?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

That's a regular occurrence on the N7 at weekends unfortunately. I know a few lads in work who've come across this early in the morning on their commute. They've rang the police as would a lot of the other commuters I'd guess to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Wailin wrote: »
    That's a regular occurrence on the N7 at weekends unfortunately. I know a few lads in work who've come across this early in the morning on their commute. They've rang the police as would a lot of the other commuters I'd guess to no avail.

Yes, I meant to say this happened around 06h30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

My OH had to go to work today ( we live in Newbridge).

As my OH came to J4, Newcastle the queue was immense, and crawling at 30kph. Why? Because 3 horse and traps were being ( I guess ) raced down the N7 in all 3 lanes. 999 was dialled, but they pulled off at J2.

Has law and order completely vroken down in this country? OR is there one law for some ethnicities and another for others?:mad:

Complete breakdown of law and order??

Dramatic much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

MWhy? Because 3 horse and traps were being ( I guess ) raced down the N7 in all 3 lanes. 999 was dialled, but they pulled off at J2.

This should be stopped on account of cruelty to animals among other reasons. There is a huge risk to man and beast from this practice. One of the horses could easily spook, frightening the others and cause chaos on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

McCrack wrote: »
    Complete breakdown of law and order??

Dramatic much?

That's how it starts. Let the little things slip and after a while everything is considered little. Look at the chronic level of red light breaking, driving in bus lanes, scumbags running riot, rural robberies, using heavy plant and closing down a town to steal an ATM etc and can you honestly say that we don't have a complete breakdown of law and order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Kildare is big racehorse country I expect it's that. Can't think of any other group of people it might be.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Del2005 wrote: »
    That's how it starts. Let the little things slip and after a while everything is considered little. Look at the chronic level of red light breaking, driving in bus lanes, scumbags running riot, rural robberies, using heavy plant and closing down a town to steal an ATM etc and can you honestly say that we don't have a complete breakdown of law and order?

Ah yes..

What next? Somebody will be murdered, and then where are we? Drive by shootings in the night, it'll be like Boys in the Hood. And then they'll have hoes selling their wares in the middle of the street and the pimps will be using crack cocaine to keep the whores under control

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Ok. I'm against sulky racing.

But the N7 isn't a motorway.

Technically if they're just out to use their pony and trap, I think it's actually legal??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Ok. I'm against sulky racing.

But the N7 isn't a motorway.

Technically if they're just out to use their pony and trap, I think it's actually legal??

not three abreast, not racing and not with the usual high jinks from the following cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Isambard wrote: »
    not three abreast, not racing and not with the usual high jinks from the following cars.

Doubt anything illegal about 3 abreast.

Very hard prove it's a "race"

Agreed on generally dumb****ery of accompanying dumb****s.

Again against sulky racing. Just making point that unfortunately N roads are just that and not M roads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Del2005 wrote: »

If we have "a complete breakdown of law and order" in Ireland, how would you describe somewhere like Somalia or Yemen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

If we have "a complete breakdown of law and order" in Ireland, how would you describe somewhere like Somalia or Yemen?

It's all relative. Columbia is considered safe compared to Yemen, but it's still pretty lawless. Sulky racing wouldn't be entertained in New Zealand. Which would we prefer, more like NZ or more like Columbia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

n97 mini wrote: »
    It's all relative. Columbia is considered safe compared to Yemen, but it's still pretty lawless. Sulky racing wouldn't be entertained in New Zealand. Which would we prefer, more like NZ or more like Columbia.

"complete" is not relative. Complete means 100% or total. Something is either complete or it isn't.

Saying there's a complete breakdown of law and order is still a ridiculous exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

They are always racing on a Saturday and Sunday morning on the n7 and then up into the baldonnell industrial estate. I've rang 999 a few times on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

"complete" is not relative. Complete means 100% or total. Something is either complete or it isn't.

Saying there's a complete breakdown of law and order is still a ridiculous exaggeration.

As I said, it's really relative. Would you prefer the situation in Yemen, or Columbia? They're not the same, and neither are acceptable to me. By your own assessment it's complete in Yemen, but you didn't mention Columbia. Is Columbia acceptable to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There's no enforcement of most of our laws so we have complete breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

About 10 years ago I came upon this while doing a dash to the Coombe while my wife was in labour. Saturday morning around 7am. I ran two of them off the road blasting my horn/flashing lights. I think one fella was thrown from the sulky but I honestly couldn't care less. Kinda hope he was hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Cazale wrote: »
    They are always racing on a Saturday and Sunday morning on the n7 and then up into the baldonnell industrial estate. I've rang 999 a few times on them.

I was heading up to the airport this morning, & as I approached J4, I saw some 4x4's towing horse carts coming out of the ( I think ) lane just by the caravan sales place, drive straight across and flatten the orange & white sticks ( bolted into the ground, but I suspect they are flexible) a white van stops dead in the middle lane, no hazards or anything on, about 300mts further on, a 4x4 towing a horse cart parked in the RH lane.

Phoned 999, but have no idea what happened after that.

If thats not sticking up as many fingers as one likes at law & order, then I have no idea what is. Seems one law from them, and another for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

They were racing each other last Sunday morning too in the usual spot at 7am.

Advertisement