Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boxing betting thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Any odds for Lee Reeves and Edward Torres at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Morrison J wrote: »
    Yeah I'm seeing loads of people picking Garcia this week and I can't understand it at all. People trying to be a bit too smart I think. He'll likely look good for a few rounds and fade before getting stopped. Really can't see how he wins. Basically three weight divisions between them.

Completely agree, it's Brook v GGG all over again although Garcia will be a bit smarter and not get too brave like Brook did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder to KO Breazeale has been priced at 4/6 with Paddy Power. That price isn't going to last long.

Robbie Davies Jr to beat Joe Hughes on pts @ 4/5

Also have Donovan on points at 5/6 and Keeler points at 4/6.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Fowler by points @6.5 is a fantastic bet imo. Hills have Smith on points boosted to @3.75 so I'm taking that too.

Not sure how true they are but there's a lot of rumours around boxing that Fitzgerald has been on the piss for the majority of his training camp and hasn't put the work in at all. I think Fowler probably knocks him out and maybe early but there's no value in that for me. Value definitely in betting on Fowler points but what I've heard about Fitzgerald would put me off.

Lomachenko in rounds 7-12 @7/5

Meant 7-12 mins...

Demolition job by Loma. Very impressive. Thought Crolla would be able to take his shots better but everything was hurting him.

Might have to have a play on Christina Hammer tonight. I think Shields is a very vulnerable fighter. Hammer has a lovely jab too. I do fear a robbery though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Lucas Browne is 9/4 to beat David Allen
    Am I missing something?

You can also get 9/1 on Browne by decision :eek:

Browne has looked levels worse than he did against Whyte in his fights since then. Have a look at his fight he had last month, he looked awful, got dropped and arguably lost. Dave Allen isn't much better, but given he seems to have copped on and this could lead to a decent named fight, he should be beating an off the juice 40 year old.

Angliru wrote: »
    Browne has looked levels worse than he did against Whyte in his fights since then. Have a look at his fight he had last month, he looked awful, got dropped and arguably lost. Dave Allen isn't much better, but given he seems to have copped on and this could lead to a decent named fight, he should be beating an off the juice 40 year old.

I don't know. Allen is terrible. He nearly got knocked out last fight by a fat Argentine bin man last fight.
    I looked at the odds expecting Allen to be a slight underdog and but at those odds I think Browne is value.

I don't know. Allen is terrible. He nearly got knocked out last fight by a fat Argentine bin man last fight.
    I looked at the odds expecting Allen to be a slight underdog and but at those odds I think Browne is value.

Just did some research, Browne appears to be in somewhat decent shape judging from Instagram and apparently there was no drug testing for this fight the good people on Twitter tell me...hmmm. I still favour Allen and feel the odds are pretty accurate as they are.

Garcia by decision @1.57 is a potential but the children's savings on bet tbh. I also think Verdejo @1.55 is more of the same. Verdejo has been working with Memo Heredia recently so I expect him to look the best he ever has.

Angliru wrote: »
    Just did some research, Browne appears to be in somewhat decent shape judging from Instagram and apparently there was no drug testing for this fight the good people on Twitter tell me...hmmm. I still favour Allen and feel the odds are pretty accurate as they are.

Allen 244lbs
    Browne 249 lbs

I wouln't say that either looks in particularly good shape.

D4hFNr2W4AA02Ua.jpg

Heavier than Allen came in for the Lenroy Thomas rematch I'm pretty sure. Allen is an absolute chancer imo. Don't think he's trained half as hard as he's let on. Turned down Adam Booth to train with his friend Darren Barker who has zero experience as a trainer and doesn't strike me as the type to force Allen to put the work in.

Browne is great odds imo. Should be a slight favourite for me. Both will be gassed out by half way but Browne is the bigger puncher and better boxer. Got to be favoured. He's obviously shot to bits so Allen has a chance but I've no clue why he's the favourite. He's done absolutely nothing to prove he's better than the very worst version of Lucas Browne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Amir Khan at 8/1 hmmmm I'm thinking of pulling the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

I don’t think khan is the worst bet

I mean Crawford is slick and some fighter but he has not really fought the best of the best in my opinion and khan has a punchers chance

Also I’m all over Browne to beat Allen I think there as bad as each other but Allen has been very lucky last few fights

catrat12 wrote: »
    Also I’m all over Browne to beat Allen I think there as bad as each other but Allen has been very lucky last few fights

It's an interesting match up. Not sold on Browne after what went on before the Whyte fight. He didn't seem mentally or physically right going in to the fight and got knocked out. He was in so bad shape I thought his purse should have been held. But Allen is also guilty of not taking the whole thing seriously enough at times as well. He has done well in the last few fights though.

. He has done well in the last few fights though.

I am not sure where people get this idea?
    His last might was against Bracamonte and Hearne publicly slated him afterwards. Allen had to apologise for his poor performance and preparation.

• Advertisement

With the bookies closed yesterday I only got the bet on this morning. Browne is in to 19/10 outright, I also got a small bet on Browne Decision at 7/1.
    They were 9/4 and 9/1 respectively yesterday.

I just noticed that Chisora weighed in at 260lbs.

Is Gashi worth a small punt at 11/2?

Had a bit on Chisora points myself at 11/4. Gashi is tough and has had a full camp for this. Don't think he'll have enough to win but may have enough to go the distance. Only a ten rounder too.

Had a bit on Chisora points myself at 11/4. Gashi is tough and has had a full camp for this. Don't think he'll have enough to win but may have enough to go the distance. Only a ten rounder too.

Delboy was 254 when he stank the place out against Kabayel, he's 5lb heavier against a similar level opponent.

I think I'll just put Gashi in an accumulator.

Actually, just looked at the weigghin video.
    Despite being heavy Chisora doesn't look in too bad a shape (for him).

Actually, just looked at the weigghin video.
    Despite being heavy Chisora doesn't look in too bad a shape (for him).

I think the Haye link up has sorted his conditioning to an extent. Whether he's mentally up for it can be a different thing. I just think Kabayel is half decent and would've given him problems on Chisora's best night. Not as convinced about Gashi although will be interesting to see how he looks with a full camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

3 fights I’m interested in.

Odds below on Betfair....

I’ll be taking each one all as single bets by KO/TKO...

10/3 for Browne

8/15 Chisora

8/15 Benn

Browne looks value at 10/3 to me. That said if he doesn’t knock Allen out it’ll be a slow painful points victory for him imo while they both gas out horribly. I don’t rate Allen at all.

Chisora will know that a big KO victory here could put him in the frame for a gig against AJ following Millers stupidity. I know they’re looking for an American opponent but they might not get one so with Chisora still a name to look out for and a big knockout win here this could be his ticket to that fight.

But the big one here for me anyway is Benn. He’s learning all the time and looks dangerous as fook when he’s on point. Can look vulnerable don’t get me wrong but I’ll be having 8/15 here all day long for him to get the knock out.

I just noticed that Chisora weighed in at 260lbs. Is Gashi worth a small punt at 11/2?

God, he looked tiny next to Chisora at the weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Took Browne at 5/2

I find it very hard hard to take Allen seriously !!

• Advertisement

Had a bit on Chisora points myself at 11/4

Good bet!

Advertisement