Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fast and Furious spinoff film (Hobbs & Shaw)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First look.

We either gonna get along or we gonna get it on.
    hobbsandshaw_movie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

...or we gonna get it on.
    Are we still doing "phrasing"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭brevity

Why though

Vin Diesel is a diva apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

brevity wrote: »
    Vin Diesel is a diva apparently

The Rock too apparently. Two big bald muscly queens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,905 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Very .. neon? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So from what little I've seen of the F&F series, it was never one to take a particularly realistic approach, but by that trailer it feels like they've just dived straight into Sci-Fi / superhero territory with Elba's bad guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Looks utterly ridiculous...but also like it'll be quite a lot of fun :) Looking forward to it. Charismatic folk all round!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

pixelburp wrote: »
    So from what little I've seen of the F&F series, it was never one to take a particularly realistic approach, but by that trailer it feels like they've just dived straight into Sci-Fi / superhero territory with Elba's bad guy?
    Seems that way alright. All aboard the enhanced human bandwagon. :pac:

A bit of a lazy departure tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pure popcorn and I can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Looks AWESOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Looks utterly stupid in the best way possible.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

looks bonkers but with that trailer have we seen the highlights? they showed so much!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Certainly not pointing out anyone here but it's more so on social media whenever Dyawne Johnson posts something it's met with a chorus of "FF is about Cars/Family" and I find it really bewildering.

A spin off is just that, FF films are my somewhat guilty pleasure and even I had all but checked out until Johnson came into it. He has great chemistry with Statham so it makes every sense to move in this direction.

I think making it absolutely nuts was actually a better move as it really separates it as a film.

I'm looking forward to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Big grin watching that. Absolutely ridiculous but looks like it’s gonna be a blast. and looks like we might finally reach peak Rock in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Looks awesome :)

Superbowl spot:

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well, that's a perfect example of the "all the main plot beats" approach of the trailer, right down to what appears to be the final act confrontation & stunt :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think if the Furious franchise hadn't jumped the shark already, it just did.

(I foresee a Friday night home viewing when the brain says "I'm full... let me be.")

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

We've come along way from nicking DVD players............

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I dont understand the point of showing the entire movie in trailer, its going to do well? Why do that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I don't think it matters that they pretty much showed every plot beat and major action sequence. It looks incredibly stupid and incredibly fun. Job done trailer. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

As said above it appears to sadly show every plot beat in the trailer, still thought i am ridiculously excited for it. I think the Rock and statham chemistry will make up for knowing the plot basically. I kinda hope against hope that the success of this film will lead to a crank 3

I think... **THINK** Universal brought a bunch of youtube trailer reactioner to a race track circuit to React to that trailer.

Graces has the race track reaction video online..

I went looking but can't find others. These say Universal brought them out to the race track and they'll have that reaction video on the way soon:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It looks like the laws of physics and reality dont apply to this film.

Advertisement