Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Citywest Luas Park and Ride

Options
  • 06-12-2018 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi ALL,

I have a new commute soon for work and I am just wondering is there free Park and Ride for the luas in Citywest Hotel or Citywest Shopping Centre?

I know the shopping centre had this previously.

Thanks in Advanced.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Pretty sure the shopping center has free park and ride, there are signs there anyway.

I've never used it, just noticed the signs when visiting the center.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭tubbs26

Cheerverstown might be a better option. Next stop in. Easier to get to from the N7. Parking is right beside the station.

Details below

https://luas.ie/cheeverstown-p-and-r.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

tubbs26 wrote: »
    Cheerverstown might be a better option. Next stop in. Easier to get to from the N7. Parking is right beside the station.

Details below

https://luas.ie/cheeverstown-p-and-r.html

Cheeverstown isn't much closer that the shopping centre is uncovered and costs €2 per day, shopping centre is covered and free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Citywest Development

Re: Citywest Shopping Centre Park And Ride Facility

From 31st March 2019 the LUAS park and ride facility at Citywest Shopping Centre will no longer be available.

Cars found all day parking will be clamped with a €50 removal fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Park n ride in the shopping centre fills up early.

Cheeverstown FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Not knocking the area but... burnt out cars in Cheeverstown Car Park are not an unusual occurrance. I saw 3 in 6 months in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭SteM

Not knocking the area but... burnt out cars in Cheeverstown Car Park are not an unusual occurrance. I saw 3 in 6 months in 2017.

I've been using that Luas stop a lot recently and haven't seen anything like this tbh. Maybe the area has calmed down.
    Park n ride in the shopping centre fills up early.

There is no park and ride in the shopping centre anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

SteM wrote: »

There is no park and ride in the shopping centre anymore.

Why'd they get rid of it?

Should be encouraging more P+R to keep cars out of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

salonfire wrote: »
    Why'd they get rid of it?

Should be encouraging more P+R to keep cars out of the city.

I’d imagine they need the spots for customers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭SteM

The underground car park is rarely full down there as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement