Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dropkick Murphys

Options
  • 17-04-2019 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Anyone go to Dropkick Murphy's last night. I saw that they weren't due on until 21:50. Just wondering time the gig finished at?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I was just about to start a thread asking what time they are due on stage. Going tonight but going for dinner beforehand..

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

Doors are 7
    Grade 2 @ 8
    The Devil Makes Three @ 8:45
    Dropkick Murphys @ 9:50
    ................... according to Aiken Promotions tweet yesterday

I'm not going until Thursday, so you can let me know what time they finish tonight!

Will do. I'm guessing it will be around midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Setlist looks like about 70 mins, can only stick around till around 23:10 meself anyhow.

Setlist since updated could be half 11 alright pity don't start earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Finished at halt 11, they didn’t get on stage till just before 10, cracking show tho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Presumably, it will be the same tonight?
    Last night's set list looked epic. Hopefully it'll be as good this evening!

Great show.

And the warm up act The Devil Makes Three were very good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Finished at halt 11, they didn’t get on stage till just before 10, cracking show tho!!!

An Irish/American band with a huge catalog visiting Ireland and only playing ~70 mins, jaysus I know they are lively and have some stompers but I'd feel cheated as I fell out of the mosh pit to be hauled off to a&e, would it really have hurt them to have done another 8 songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

funnyname wrote: »
    An Irish/American band with a huge catalog visiting Ireland and only playing ~70 mins, jaysus I know they are lively and have some stompers but I'd feel cheated as I fell out of the mosh pit to be hauled off to a&e, would it really have hurt them to have done another 8 songs?

Wasnt at the gig myself, but anything less than 90 minutes for an established act is a bit of a bummer in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

Where are ye getting 70mins from?!? On at 9:50 and off at 11:30.....

aj89 wrote: »
    Where are ye getting 70mins from?!? On at 9:50 and off at 11:30.....

Came on at 10 last night had to leave towards end of Kiss me I'm sh1tfaced which was nearly 20 past 11 to make my bus at Heuston. Thought it was a good night played for 90 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Well, that was fun...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Irish-American my sweaty backside, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 polish, 1/4 German and 1/4 English I would imagine but always full Irish when in the pub. In USA you can have an Irish surname and only 1 of 8 great gradparents were Irish, I won't have any American tell me they are Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Who cares mate?

Yup in this instance do you like their music yay or nay why should anything else matter the Pogues and Black 47 aren't Irish either :p

Advertisement