Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Has anyone seen the footage from the panel doing the rounds? Getting a real wild west outlaw vibe off the tiny bit of footage seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah I saw it. Wasn't a trailer so I wasn't pushed on thinking too much about it. I guess they don't wanna do two trailers on the one weekend.

The panel discussion at Star Wars Celebration did sound like they were thinking Seven Samurai / The Magnificent Seven. More Samurai which I hadn't seen yet. The cast is strong for a TV show.

I threw up the photos they released today on the thread on the Star Wars forum:
    Slydice wrote: »
    So no Trailer today. They just showed a sizzle reel at the Star Wars celebration event and haven't shared it online. There are some leaks floating about.

They put out a poster and 4 character images. I scaled their size down for the thread:

Title:
    477807.jpg

2 of The Mandalorian (Pedro Pascal inside there :)). 01:
    477808.jpg
    02:
    477809.jpg

Gina Carano as Kara Dune:
    477810.jpg

Carl Weathers as Greef Karga:
    477811.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,732 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Actor Karl Weathers!

Yeah, I can't take him seriously anymore, ever since his appearance as himself in Arrested Development

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

pixelburp wrote: »
    Actor Karl Weathers!

Yeah, I can't take him seriously anymore, ever since his appearance as himself in Arrested Development
    As soon as I saw the picture, all I could think of was:
    "Whoa, whoa, whoa. There’s still plenty of meat on that bone. Now you take this home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you’ve got a stew going. "

Yeah I saw it. Wasn't a trailer so I wasn't pushed on thinking too much about it. I guess they don't wanna do two trailers on the one weekend.

There's a full five minute scene doing the rounds though. Filmed on a phone obviously, so probably worth waiting for a proper reveal.

• Advertisement

There's a full five minute scene doing the rounds though. Filmed on a phone obviously, so probably worth waiting for a proper reveal.

Does it involve showing some of the production crew and cameras and director talking about the show?

I've seen multiple versions but nothing that looks like a trailer.

Does it involve showing some of the production crew and cameras and director talking about the show?

I've seen multiple versions but nothing that looks like a trailer.

No. I've seen the one you're talking about too. This one isn't a trailer either; it's five or so minutes of continuous footage shown to the crowd in Chicago.

Here it is, and this one actually has a lil trailer attached at the end. The quality is terrible though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,732 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Werner Herzog is a pleasant surprise, but on watching that recording, it looks a little ... *shrug* Not sure what I was expecting - and to be fair it might all be from the pilot - but I'm completely sick of seeing the same dusty, desert, Mos Eisley knock-off location that Disney seemingly have mandated now for every production. I know the Last Jedi caused some fans to cry into their stormtrooper pillows, but this nostalgic masturbation is getting tedious.

No. I've seen the one you're talking about too. This one isn't a trailer either; it's five or so minutes of continuous footage shown to the crowd in Chicago.

Here it is, and this one actually has a lil trailer attached at the end. The quality is terrible though.

Now that was a fair bit more than I'd seen! :)

Herzog talking it up. I already posted this in a thread on the SW forum, but I'm hedging my bets and reposting here until one of them becomes the main one for discussion of the series :pac:

• Advertisement

Hard to see how this won't end up the most pirated show of the year when it finally comes out; even if some international networks do a deal, I can see it being quickly acquired en masse ala Game of Thrones

Hard to see how this won't end up the most pirated show of the year when it finally comes out; even if some international networks do a deal, I can see it being quickly acquired en masse ala Game of Thrones

Yeah, especially if there's positive early reviews/buzz about it.

Work on season 2 has begun!

There Will Be a Second Season of The Mandalorian
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/just-like-the-crushing-inevitability-of-time-itself-th-1836312528
    It’s honestly like turning over your toy chest and playing with all the Star Wars toys together. We’re having a great time, it’s all new characters, it’s going to be on Disney+ coming up in the fall and we’re done with the first season—I was actually writing part of the second season now, so I’m having a blast.

It’s the first time we’ve actually heard Favreau talk about the existence of a second season, but... are we really surprised?

Not entirely the biggest surprise, presumably any production expense can be absorbed with Disney's huge warchest.

I'm guessing a comic con trailer has be on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,185 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This was one show that was never getting cancelled after one season more matter.

Ming-Na Wen joins the cast.

May to kick ass in a Galaxy far far away.

Oh!

Oh this is good news!

I think .. right? She could easy do a serious gunslinger .. do we have the funny personality to go alongside her though?

THIS ISN'T YOUR GRANDDAD'S STAR WARS!!1!

I see what has been said about it being a little grittier - a small amount of blood here & there, while looks like we got a dude sliced up by an iris door - but it's all setting, no plot. Nothing to take from it re. story.

It looks like a (many) millions of dollars, but ... I dunno. I need to see more of these characters, and if it should give a sh*t about them first.

looks dark and like it's being done right!

doesn't hurt that this is pair behind the first episode:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mandalorian
    488959.png

• Advertisement

Looks more Rogue One than any other film, but there's nothing else to go on.

Presumably Pascal won't be wearing that helmet the whole time so would be nice to get some ideas as to the characters. Mentioned in the film forum that I watch a similar show like Killjoys for the cast of characters (certainly not its budget!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the Mandalorian is really strutting there at the end

New image released of this, via Entertainment Weekly. Still no look at the titular character sans helmet though.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/03/mandalorian-trandoshans-photo-star-wars/

Second Trailer

Well there's no doubting it has the budget to portray the Star Wars world in all its glory, I'm just still not convinced by the story: the fact neither trailer has barely shown any dialogue or story is a bit odd.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭fitz

the fact neither trailer has barely shown any dialogue or story is a bit odd.

Personally, I'm delighted about that.
    Nothing worse than plot-summary trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is Disney+ actually launching here on this date?

fitz wrote: »
    Personally, I'm delighted about that.
    Nothing worse than plot-summary trailers.

Not saying I want a plot summary trailer at all, but some sense of what the show is about would be nice. It's Disney so I'm sure they have everything worked out down to the nearest dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

chrislad wrote: »
    Is Disney+ actually launching here on this date?

no , USA, Canada & Holland on the 12th which makes no sense , rumour is Disney plus will launch in UK & Ireland next year as there are contracts in place with sky till then for a lot of the content

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭fitz

peteeeed wrote: »
    no , USA, Canada & Holland on the 12th which makes no sense , rumour is Disney plus will launch in UK & Ireland next year as there are contracts in place with sky till then for a lot of the content

So, no legal way to watch this over here when it launches? Well, that sucks.

Advertisement