Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fidelma Healy Eames is at it again, no joke

• 14-04-2019 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

FHE is contesting the upcoming Euro elections pmsl

I really dont know what to say, other than she's like a moth to a flame that wan

https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/former-senator-fidelma-healy-eames-to-contest-upcoming-european-elections/

Former Senator Fidelma Healy Eames has announced her intention to run in upcoming European elections for this region.
    Oranmore-based Dr. Healy Eames, originally from Moylough, served as a Senator between 2007 and 2016, but failed to secure a seat in the Dáil on several occassions.
    She signaled her retirement from politics in early 2016, when she announced she would not contest that years Seanad elections.

She’s now announced her intention to return to politics – by contesting the Midlands-North/West constituency in upcoming European elections.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Is that the wifeeey lady?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

When and how did FDE become a doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭RainNeverBow

Looks like we've got the plagued MEP area. There's like one I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

nuac wrote: »
    When and how did FDE become a doctor?

PhD it seems, from Galway.
    New one on me as well, looks like she's had it since '99.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

What an absolute chancer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Whats the bets shes Irexit...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The day apples plans to build in Athenry were announced on radio fhe was on Galway bay fm stating that apple should be told to fix the redundant train line to Tuam in order to ship workers up fast to Athenry.
    Absolute and utter horsesh1te she was spewing and she should be reminded of this daily.a waffler. The queen of paddywhackery.
    It was the likes of her that has small towns like Athenry going backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Wiffy codes for all. Wiffy in the mountains; wiffy in the valleys. Huzzah for wiffy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

These replies made me smile :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hah! Forgot about Wiffy! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

It's had to know what my favourite things about this woman are... she just keeps on giving... if I had to have a top 5 (in no particular order), Wiffy might not even get on the list..

5. Getting her car seized for non payment of motor tax (her excuse - she take public transport)
    4. Getting done, less than 2 weeks later for not paying for her train ticket on Public Transport. (oh the ****ing irony)
    3. Claiming same sex marraige would cause the end of Mothers day (and using a anti-semitic UFO believer as her source)
    2. A local builder having to take them (her and husband) to court to get paid for the work he did on their house.
    1. Not understanding what fraping actually means and talking about "where you’re raped on Facebook" in the Oireachtas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Mr E wrote:
    Hah! Forgot about Wiffy!

What is Wiffy?
    Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

bobbyss wrote: »
    What is Wiffy?
    Did I miss something?

Wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

neris wrote: »
    Wifi

In fairness her wee-fee pronunciation of wifi was in a French accent and about tourists asking for the wee-fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

3. Claiming same sex marraige would cause the end of Mothers day (and using a anti-semitic UFO believer as her source)

I completely forgot about this one - you couldn't make it up:D

I'd almost move to her constituency just so I could vote for the other candidates except her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

What is Wiffy?
    Did I miss something?

Listen to the utter slurry she's talking here. Pat Rabbitte's face is priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

It's had to know what my favourite things about this woman are... she just keeps on giving... if I had to have a top 5 (in no particular order), Wiffy might not even get on the list..

5. Getting her car seized for non payment of motor tax (her excuse - she take public transport)
    4. Getting done, less than 2 weeks later for not paying for her train ticket on Public Transport. (oh the ****ing irony)
    2. A local builder having to take them (her and husband) to court to get paid for the work he did on their house.
    1. Not understanding what fraping actually means and talking about "where you’re raped on Facebook" in the Oireachtas

trying to get off paying for the train by producing her senate card is my personal favourite lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

I know many Ph.Ds who do not call themselves "Doctor"

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

I work in the University and no Ph.Ds call themselves Doctor. They would only use it on academic publications.

At least we've something to talk about rather than city traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,298 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ah now
    She got 5406 1st preference votes in 2011 or 8.32% of vote, more than Kyne

At least she makes some effort.. to make us guffaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

nuac wrote:
    I know many Ph.Ds who do not call themselves "Doctor"

In fairness to her I have never heard her call herself Doctor. Nor have I heard her bring introduced as a Doctor either. So if she's had this thing since 99, it suggests she doesn't brandish it about the place if we are surprised she has one at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

In fairness to her I have never heard her call herself Doctor. Nor have I heard her bring introduced as a Doctor either. So if she's had this thing since 99, it suggests she doesn't brandish it about the place if we are surprised she has one at all.

In all but one interaction I've had with her for work, she has mentioned her qualification or used it to introduce herself.

Which in my line of work is counter productive.

topcat77 wrote: »
    I work in the University and no Ph.Ds call themselves Doctor.

It'd be fierce confusing if they did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

And her tough life-changing experiences which she encountered on a paid trip to a luxury four-star hotel in Kenya.
    The Galway senator said she requested that her husband Michael should be brought on the initial trip to Rwanda for her safety and because she said she would be lonely without him.
    "You couldn't drink the water, so you had to hold your mouth closed while someone washed your hair and you might not even have an iron."

She continued: "It's very hard work. You have two-and-a-half to three weeks' work in one week. We start at 8 in the morning and don't finish until 5 or 6. That's a lot more work than a day at home."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Personally I’d draw a picture of a baboons Mickey on my voting card and spoil my vote then give it to fhe.
    There’s enough paddywhackers knocking around without promoting more of them

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What's the point in NUI going to the trouble of giving you an honorary doctorate if you're not going to use the title? Of course she's in good company with Dr. Tony O'Reilly and Dr. Ian Paisley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I read somewhere that she considers these to be a 'plot' to discredit her, fake news if you will.
    Tho I'm at a loss as to why anyone would need to do this, its like reverse tall poppy syndrome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Should there be a ban on all politicians with Healy in their name?

Zaph wrote: »
    What's the point in NUI going to the trouble of giving you an honorary doctorate

It's not an honorary doctorate though, is it?
    It looks like she had an actual PhD.

That said I can't find it online. Her Masters dissertation is here for anybody that wants a read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,823 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Italic Chicago font on an Apple LaserWriter

Dead classy in 1989

Life ain't always empty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement