Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hanna - Amazon Original (**Spoilers**)

• 07-01-2019 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭

The Killings Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman re-team in Amazons TV series based on the film.
    Hanna follows "the journey of an extraordinary young girl, Hanna, as she evades the relentless pursuit of an off-book CIA agent and tries to unearth the truth behind who she is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

At first I was like... Hrrrmmm.. sounds like a rip of Hanna

BUT then I checked wiki and it's based on the film!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanna_(TV_series)
    Hanna is an upcoming American action drama web television series based on the 2011 film of the same name

I remember really liking that film and was kinda hoping to see Saoirse Ronan head down some kinda action hero path:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanna_(film)
    469829.jpg

Think the idea of following that career went out when The Host bombed:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Host_(2013_film)

Joel Kinnaman on board as the Dad feels like a good addition for that part.

I don't recognise any of Esme Creed-Miles previous acting gigs:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2962727/
    but the one where she was a lead, Pond Life, has 7.9/10 on imdb:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7033192/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Superbowl trailer

The training scenes look decent. So I'm guesing it'll be down to the story the want to do afterwards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Such a random one to adapt; looks all right, but looks a lot more boilerplate than the eccentric, visually interesting original film.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

First episode is available to watch on prime video.

• Advertisement

Well that 48 minute pilot episode could have been cut down to 15 minutes and it would have told the same story and probably done it better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭bren2001

Well that 48 minute pilot episode could have been cut down to 15 minutes and it would have told the same story and probably done it better.

I'll just scratch this off my list of TV shows to watch so....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

bren2001 wrote: »
    I'll just scratch this off my list of TV shows to watch so....

If I stopped watching a show based solely on a dodgy first episode, I think I'd have missed out on a lot of great TV.

If they can build up the pace of it the show might be OK.

The pilot moved at a snails pace for what I was expecting which was a fast paced action based series.

• Advertisement

The forest stuff was decent enough. Outside the forest... eh I dunno.

Girl works as Hanna though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Can't see it on primevideo.com, only the Super Bowl promo. Must be my settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Can't see it on primevideo.com, only the Super Bowl promo. Must be my settings.

I think it was available to view for a limited time, I don’t think the show starts until March

• Registered Users Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭corkie

Full season available this Friday (29th)!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You in Politics

• Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps
    • Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Dropped today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Watched it. Worked well for the most part but did seem to suffer from trying to keep the pace up and as a result the plot got a bit predictable

Good overall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I kinda liked the movie. But not nearly as much as I should have with that amazing cast. I thought Kate Clanchett, Saoirse Ronan and Eric Bana were great but the family she hooked up....... Oh God!

I believe they were supposed to represent the opposite of Hanna: To juxtapose her minimalistic/militaristic upbringing with their overly liberal lifestyle: The mother over-sharing her sexual problems with her husband, letting the girl drink etc. But I just found them to be so offensive that I was put off the movie. I would happily have watched Hanna slaughter them all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Watched it. Worked well for the most part but did seem to suffer from trying to keep the pace up and as a result the plot got a bit predictable

Good overall though.

Three episodes into it and it's OK. Lots of padding as would expect for a series. Not a patch on the film, which may annoy some people, but so far still seems to be a watchable thriller despite its flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I never saw the film but really enjoyed that. Nothing we haven't seen before but well acted, good action scenes, and good soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I've just finished this series and I think on all fronts it beats the film , which should have been a lot better considering the cast.

• Advertisement

2: The second episode has the non-combat world feeling a bit better done than the first. Not sure how and where they are going with the story. I assume
    Berlin
    is the goal for this season.

Renewed for a second season.

3: Oh that was good! They managed to pull off a lot of backstory and introduce friends without feeling like they were trying to get away with too much. Then the
    game of chess of the two sides going at each other. Loved Hannas training and instinct kicking in and the father getting it. Then right at the end with so much going on, the trap on Wiegler! I mean it should've been obvious but in trying to keep up with everything going on, I felt genuine surprise. I thought he was actually caught and maybe about to be done in.

4:
    awe crap

like.. how're they gonna find each other again

If she's gone to England and the father's gone to to ground

All I can guess if maybe Dieter can remain a common connection

5:
    when Elsa was shot
    , I was just like :eek:

Oh and I've no idea how
    Sophie, Hanna and Anton are gonna work out. Feels like the English family are just a placeholder for Hanna.
    I wonder are they gonna be around for long if the series keeps going.

6:
    When the father got on the elevator I was like
    YUH! :D

Then
    when Hanna took out the two chasers from the elevator!
    :eek:

Ok, I think the plot has been turning out
    bigger and more complex than I thought it would and that feels like a positive at this stage!

7: That was
    cool!

You know, honestly, when the father went off on his lone wolf mission without Hanna.. all I could think was how less of a chance he'd have without her.

Finished!

8:
    Awe no!

There season wasn't bad. Had more in it that I guessed from the previous Film and Pilot episode. Yeah, wouldn't mind seeing where a season two goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

OmegaGene wrote: »
    :)
    Too right, the story is only just beginning
    They need to deliver on story in the next one. An awful lot of dead time in this.

• Advertisement

Dermot Mulroney seems to be in everything at the moment.

Season 2 teaser.

Arrives July 3rd

Advertisement