Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DGW35 TT - Last of the DGW Transfer Threads

Options
  • 12-04-2019 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,631 ✭✭✭✭

Vardy party over for 18/19...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    Vardy party over for 19/20...

Jiminez in
    easy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,631 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    Jiminez in
    easy

Already in....

I'll be getting an old friend back for season end...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

dahat wrote: »
    Vardy party over for 19/20...

Writing poor Jamie off for all of next season seems a bit harsh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Might bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Will have to keep a close eye on price changes and go earlier than I would like as I have the exact money for

Vardy-->ings
    Camarasa-->kdb

Llorente could become an option too giving me more wiggle room price wise

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Camarasa out for either a Liverpool mid, or a DGWer.

Maybe Murray out for Deeney too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Vardy to Firmino as long as nothing unexpected happens on Wednesday. I'll also consider a -4 for another DGW player, perhaps another Spurs midfielder or Gerry D or Deeney.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Vardy to Firmino as long as nothing unexpected happens on Wednesday. I'll also consider a -4 for another DGW player, perhaps another Spurs midfielder or Gerry D or Deeney.

Same with a -4. Looking st Gerry D, Deeney and Jota. I’ll prob steer away from Jota now though as a rival has brought him & Jimenez in on a wildcard this week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Bench boost activated. 12 doubles but not great fixtures for utd or City players. Still, there's always a chance. Might dump AWB or Luiz for someone but no idea who.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Want to bank but probably make sense to send Duffy packing. Can't play away from home at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Thinking Vardy to Firmino as well as long as I don't have any fires to put out after this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Dunno what to do with Holebas.

Is he out for the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dunk to someone with better fixtures for BB. Cathcart or Boly probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pete_Cavan wrote: »

I was looking at Vardy to Lacazette but I will want Firmino in for Huddersfield anyway so might as well save the extra transfer and get him in this week instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

It's triple captain week for me and I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

eh i dunno wrote: »
    It's triple captain week for me and I have no idea.

Duffy

Duffy

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Jimmi in for Rashford anyway. Then maybe Laca in for Vardy. I've no City for the DGW though....not sure how bad that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Gone for Lucas Moura in for Brooks straight after the early game as had money to make the upgrade and wanted another double game week player. Hopefully he will get to play more now after today's performance. Did not expect Brooks to do so well at Brighton as he has not done much since I brought him in when he came back from injury a few weeks back. Might not have shipped him on if I waited but hoping Lucas will make a better return over the next few weeks.

macraignil wrote: »
    Gone for Lucas Moura in for Brooks straight after the early game as had money to make the upgrade and wanted another double game week player. Hopefully he will get to play more now after today's performance. Did not expect Brooks to do so well at Brighton as he has not done much since I brought him in when he came back from injury a few weeks back. Might not have shipped him on if I waited but hoping Lucas will make a better return over the next few weeks.

What happens if he plays mid week and gets injured ?
    Also brooks has Fulham at home next week
    Strange move to make tonight

• Advertisement

What happens if he plays mid week and gets injured ?
    Also brooks has Fulham at home next week
    Strange move to make tonight

I agree but have been transferring early all season and the benefit on getting in before price changes has been a help so not going to change now. Most of my bad transfers have been when I have left the decision take too long and over thought things rather than just making a quick call on what looks to be a good transfer.

macraignil wrote: »
    I agree but have been transferring early all season and the benefit on getting in before price changes has been a help so not going to change now. Most of my bad transfers have been when I have left the decision take too long and over thought things rather than just making a quick call on what looks to be a good transfer.

It's gw34
    A transfer is worth more than .1 at this stage of season

It's gw34

It's not a money issue that caused me to make the transfer when I did. Not a whole lot to play for and willing to take a few more risks now the season is coming to a close and just aiming for a random target on final overall rank. Making what I think is a good transfer before I overthink on the options and pick one worse like I have been doing for the last few weeks.

Only took a small number of hits over the season and may consider another if another good transfer becomes obvious before deadline. Currently my team looks set up OK for bench boost next week. Bournemouth could run riot against Fulham but I have Wilson as well and just thought Brooks had not been getting forward as much since he came back from injury and I bought him in. Glad he got me some return in his last game for me but the other options to make space for Lucas Moura were Son, Mane, Sterling and Moutinho who I reckon could get more points than Brooks in week 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

It's gw34

I learned my lesson last week.

So going holding this GW. TV means feck all now with only a few weeks left.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If spurs could beat city on Wednesday FF be so much easier as likes of Aguero and Sterling would start every game for rest of season without any rotation risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

Most likely do Vardy to Laca or Jimi. Already have Jota though so swaying to Laca for Arsenal coverage

bantee wrote: »
    Most likely do Vardy to Laca or Jimi. Already have Jota though so swaying to Laca for Arsenal coverage

Forget coverage
    Jiminez is a much better option
    Use the extra cash on rest of team

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Knockaert & Valery out for a -4 then Bench Boost... ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dempsey wrote: »
    Knockaert & Valery out for a -4 then Bench Boost... ideas?

Now that's slim pickings. Is Valery injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

dsmythy wrote: »
    Now that's slim pickings. Is Valery injured?

Hopefully no more than cramp but preparing for the worst

Advertisement