Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Burbon

• 12-04-2019 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

I currently drink the Clarke's bourbon whisky from Aldi but I've found it's our of stock in a lot of stores. Any other suggestions for a burbon of a similar kind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

More of a bourbon biscuit man myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I currently drink the Clarke's bourbon whisky from Aldi but I've found it's our of stock in a lot of stores. Any other suggestions for a burbon of a similar kind?

Jack daniels is 20 euro in tesco for 70cl. It will be closed now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Arghus wrote:
    More of a bourbon biscuit man myself.

Certainly wouldn't be adverse to an auld bourbon biscuit mesen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Jack daniels is 20 euro in tesco for 70cl. It will be closed now...

Not taly about now in fairness.....Just in general....I don't want to go back to drinking beer if it can be avoided tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Certainly wouldn't be adverse to an auld bourbon biscuit mesen

I'd sooner have no biscuit than a burbon.

Why?
    In the name of god, who eats the vile things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I'd sooner have no biscuit than a burbon.

Why?
    In the name of god, who eats the vile things?

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

frag420 wrote: »
    Me

Like normal people i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

You could try some Woodford reserve or Basil Hayden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Jim beam is practically the same bourbon. Other than that, it's how much you wish to spend.

On a pedantic note, Jack Daniels isn't bourbon.,.... So.., I'll get me coat

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jim beam is practically the same bourbon. Other than that, it's how much you wish to spend.

Legally it meets all the requirements. However it's quite likely that it won't match the taste they want

Tesco own brand and Lidl own brand are quite likely the exact same product made on the old Seagram's kit, as well as the Jim Beam similarity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Woodford Reserve is a good step up from Clarkes and available in lots of supermarkets. That would be my vote unless you want to spend over 50€

Buffalo Trace is also decent and on special offer from time to time and similar for Bullet Burbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Nothing pedantic about that. Jack Daniels is cats piss.

Advertisement