Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 34 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

claw wrote: »
    Kane to Vardy I think. Despite lack of a double he has form and great next 3 fixtures- NEW whu ARS

I am hanging on to Vardy - I think Leicester want 7th and the team are responding well to Rodgers. My problem is Aubameyang, would have put Kane in not sure what I am doing now. Aguero probably but wasn't impressed with him last night not sure he is fit.
    He looked fine
    City as a whole looked poor not just him

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I wouldn't be confident Aguero will start at the weekend

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

GLaDOS wrote: »
    I wouldn't be confident Aguero will start at the weekend

Same here but Jesus is woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I have to get rid of Higuain and with a healthy bank balance I have 11.7 to spend, the problem is there is nobody to buy! Aguero has poor fixtures and congestion means he is a rotation risk. Auba has been out of the first team lately and Arsenal are always likely to let you down. Same applies to Laca and wouldn't be surprised if he lost his place. Bobby lookslike the best option given form and fixtures and is nailed on. I have been attending the Vardy party for a few weeks now. Is there another decent striker out there or should I be looking to invest in midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Any advice on a transfer? 1 FT. 2.4m itb. Really unsure what to do...

Ryan, Boruc
    Robertson, Doherty, Pereria, Bednerak, AWB
    Salah, Mane, Maddison, Hazard, Puncheon
    Rashford, Vardy, King

Possibly Lucas Moura in for Maddison?

I'd like to do Jimmi in for Rashford next week. It could be done this week, and saves me 0.2m with price changes, but Rashford could score well against West Ham too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I have to get rid of Higuain and with a healthy bank balance I have 11.7 to spend, the problem is there is nobody to buy! Aguero has poor fixtures and congestion means he is a rotation risk. Auba has been out of the first team lately and Arsenal are always likely to let you down. Same applies to Laca and wouldn't be surprised if he lost his place. Bobby lookslike the best option given form and fixtures and is nailed on. I have been attending the Vardy party for a few weeks now. Is there another decent striker out there or should I be looking to invest in midfield?

Slim pickings up front. I’m sticking with Vardy for GW34 and GW35 and plan to switch to Firminio for the last 3 GWs, starting with Liverpool v Huddersfield

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Would it be worth a hit to replace Pogba with Eriksen?

Alternatively could take a hit for Foster to DGW Ryan

sheroman01 wrote: »

Ryan, Boruc
    Rashford, Vardy, King

I'd like to do Jimmi in for Rashford next week. It could be done this week, and saves me 0.2m with price changes, but Rashford could score well against West Ham too...

has to be Duffy no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

With Kane now out as an option, I’m struggling to decide who to bring in. Son or Eriksen v Huddersfield, or dgw players Ryan and Camarasa.
    Also Considering Jwp or Redmond as options, good fixtures for the rest of the season and dgw in 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Considering Doucouré. He’s in a bit of form at the moment. A goal in each of his last two league games. Has got Arsenal home this weekend and then two very favourable gw35 games Hud(a) Sou(h). Very low ownership also.

They question is will he be rested after their heroics on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Have rashford and lacazette.

Wouldnt be surprised if both are dropped / rested.

I want to brimg in lucas moura...but poch will probabaly throw llorente up top!

sheroman01 wrote: »

Ryan, Boruc
    Rashford, Vardy, King

ShimSlady wrote: »
    has to be Duffy no?

Already have Ryan. I could double up, move AWB. But not sure who I'd drop this week in place of him, Doherty and Pereria with good fixtures, and Robertson is undroppable and rested ahead of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Auba/Jota or Lacazette/8m mid?

Haven't enough for So

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭macraignil

macraignil wrote: »
    Aguero out for Kane done Friday since I have just about the right money and getting the players about to face Huddersfield seems to be a good strategy. All recent transfers I have done have been bad ones so hoping this one does not follow the trend.

-4 to go Kane to Lukaku. Hoping he finds West Ham a bit easier to score against than Barcelona and this is the transfer to not follow the recent trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Aguero in for Kane and bench boost played

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Already have three Brighton players, so Firmino out for Aguero.

Is Pogba a spent force?

Haven't watched much Utd of late

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Is Pogba a spent force?

Haven't watched much Utd of late

Think there's better options and he's not in form. Someone else mentioned Rashford is the only United asset worth having and I'd agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Lads what we thinking of llorente coming in to play a couple fixtures?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Personally, I reckon Son will play up top but who knows. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Maybe but no guarantee. Did OK last time Kane was out. Will probably be some mixing and matching now though.

Have talked myself into Son. Spurs can't put all their eggs into one basket, with CL spot still up for grabs, plus they have injuries. Son will play good few mins either this week and/or the double. Think he's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Many going for Duffy (c) ? i am torn between it being obvious or stupid , especially over Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mamax

Brought rashford back in as I think he could do well against west ham, hopefully he starts !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

miller82 wrote: »
    Many going for Duffy (c) ? i am torn between it being obvious or stupid , especially over Vardy.

With Kane out I'm sticking the band on him.

He will start 2 games unless we get more disastrous luck.

And here's some decent stats to back it up by Chesty who has me sold.
    Chesty08 wrote: »
    5 of those clean sheets were at Home. They have 2 home games to two teams playing very bad. You would be very hopeful of at least 1 clean sheet.

Duffy has a goal involvement in 1 in approx 1 in 4.5 matches this year with no involvement in the last 5 (maybe due one).

Duffy has had twice as many attempts than Dunk so is definitely worth the .3m extra.

We are potentially looking at 2 x 90mins, 1 x 4pts CS at worst which is 8 points. This does not include the other potential

Murray would need to score twice or assist to equal this as I don’t see him starting both games.

Son or Spurs mid is the alternative with a single game v Huddersfield and like Vardy the potential is there to hit 10 too

It’s a coin toss between Duffy & Son

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So, in the absence of a dedicated Captain thread, are many people going with the Duffman as captain?

I've had a decent couple of weeks and currently sitting on my highest ever OR (30K) so the sensible thing would be to go with Son I guess...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

miller82 wrote:

How many more times will you get a somewhat legitimate chance to put the armband on Duffy though? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Cartman78 wrote: »
    So, in the absence of a dedicated Captain thread, are many people going with the Duffman as captain?

I've had a decent couple of weeks and currently sitting on my highest ever OR (30K) so the sensible thing would be to go with Son I guess...

Captain thread live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I've transferred in Duffy for Tomkins. I have Pogba in midfield - is it worth taking a 4 point hit to transfer him out for Son? I'm thinking Son is worth having for GW35 as they have two matches.

• Advertisement

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I've transferred in Duffy for Tomkins. I have Pogba in midfield - is it worth taking a 4 point hit to transfer him out for Son? I'm thinking Son is worth having for GW35 as they have two matches.

I'm in the same boat as you. Unsure whether to take a -4 for Pogba to Son/Eriksen or Arnie to Llorente

Advertisement