Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know More About Your Elves - #5 Loughc

Options
  • 08-04-2019 4:44pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So here we are again we are now into the 260s in the countdown, we had a bitta sun a couple of weeks ago and Easter is coming, the year is certainly moving along nicely.

So welcome to our 5th edition of Know More About your elves and this time it's my turn to face the questions!

As I can't kick off ask away! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What did you want to be jobwise when you were a kid?
    How close to achieving that did you come?
    & your Top 5 desert island discs?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    What did you want to be jobwise when you were a kid?
    How close to achieving that did you come?
    & your Top 5 desert island discs?

I wanted to be a teacher when I was younger... and I ended up marrying one so close enough :pac:

I do get jealous of her holidays but what I'm not jealous of is the continuous guff she has to put up with, the extra unpaid hours doing handouts,exams and correcting and the pay is very poor especially when living in Dublin.

Being a scaled role it'll take her 20 years before her salary matches mine and I certainly believe she works equally as hard as I do.

5 Desert Island Discs...

Wow that's a tough one,

I'd have to go with;

Snow Patrol - Final Straw
    Coldplay - X&Y
    Oasis - What's the Story Morning Glory?
    Stereophonics - Performance and Cocktails

and of course, Now That's What I call Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi Loughc !
    Here are my questions:
    -Most thoughtful gift you have ever received ? And given ? (based on feedback from the giftee)
    -Have you ever passed on a skill to someone else (sewing, driving...) ?
    -Favourite lake ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

otnomart wrote: »
    Hi Loughc !
    Here are my questions:
    -Most thoughtful gift you have ever received ? And given ? (based on feedback from the giftee)
    -Have you ever passed on a skill to someone else (sewing, driving...) ?
    -Favourite lake ?

Thoughtful or practical? haha. I still use the iPad my wife got me 7 years ago for our first Christmas together, I pretty much use it every day and it still works perfectly.

Given... there was an old book that my Mam had years ago that had pictures of her family in it, like a small town annual kind of thing.

She either lost it or damaged it and she always said she'd love another copy of it for the photos, a lot of emails back and forth and the publishing company were kind enough to send me via email the photos she was looking for.

I got them printed on gloss photo paper and framed for a Christmas present for her, I left the Christmas present unlabeled and we often joke it must have been Santa who delivered it.

Favourite lake or cake? :pac:

Favourite Lake is Lough Curra, I've hiked there lots of times back in the day, absolutely beautiful right out of a postcard picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

If you could only keep one Christmas tradition what would it be?

What is your earliest memory?

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    If you could only keep one Christmas tradition what would it be?

What is your earliest memory?

I thought the tradition thing was going to be a hard one to answer but it came to me quite easily.

The biggest tradition I want to keep is celebrating the full Christmas season. All 12 days. I’m not a fan of the new schedule that’s Nov 1st to Dec 26th.

I’m much happier with Dec 1st to Jan 6th.

Earliest memory is of me presumedly as a toodler waddling my way over to the fire place to be told ah ah. :pac:

I also remember watching the World Cup 1986 final making me 2 and a half.

Don’t know why they stuck with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Hiya Loughc :)

Favourite Cake? :D
    Do you cook?
    Any further consideration of podcasting?

Cheers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Top 3 bucket list items?

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Hiya Loughc :)

Favourite Cake? :D
    Do you cook?
    Any further consideration of podcasting?

Cheers :pac:

Either chocolate fudge or lemon drizzle cake please :)

I do cook and I enjoy it but I’ve been relegated to sous chef since I met my other half, she by far the better cook so now I chop prepare and washup after.

Still in the background considering it will look into it some more this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi Louchc,
    Just reading one of your answers above, to Fav Lake...is that where your user name came from ??

When did you first question the real origin of presents under the tree.....
    Trying to pen that delicately, cus there is no nonbelievers on this thread.........

• Advertisement

Hi Louchc,
    Just reading one of your answers above, to Fav Lake...is that where your user name came from ??

When did you first question the real origin of presents under the tree.....
    Trying to pen that delicately, cus there is no nonbelievers on this thread.........

No actually it wasn’t how my username came to be just a happy coincidence in the end.

My username was a play on a Irish version of my surname, I didn’t think it through too hard I wanted to get rid of the numbers after my old username. Numbers are so 2012. :P

I guess it started with the usual suspicions and the playground investigations. But the final straw was as the last year being a “believer” I could hear my parents discuss what to put in my sock thinking I was asleep but I wasn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

What’s your favourite TV show and movie?

kitten_k wrote: »
    What’s your favourite TV show and movie?

Favourite movie of all time Back to the Future

Tv show The US Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What shops do you like and dislike?

What shops do you like and dislike?

Leave me off in a supermarket or an electrical store and I’m happy out.

I dislike clothes shops, the heat in here, trying on clothes never good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Favorite part of your Christmas dinner ?!
    And your favorite reality show ?

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Favorite part of your Christmas dinner ?!
    And your favorite reality show ?

Favourite part of the dinner has to be the stuffing. The smell of it in the house, picking at it before the dinner and eating scoops full of it during the dinner too :pac:

Favourite reality show ever Big Brother. Favourite current one BGT or I’m a celeb just good fun.

Favourite book?
    Favourite holiday destination?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Caranica wrote: »
    Top 3 bucket list items?

Think you missed this one ;)

Favourite book?
    Favourite holiday destination?

Book - The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, the first
    Book that properly made me LOL

Holiday - New York, been 4 times now and would seriously go back again now if I could.

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    Think you missed this one ;)

Apologies I did!

Bucket list,

1) attend an American football game either a NFL or college game

2) go on a snow destination holiday

3) win the lotto :P

Loughc wrote: »

1) attend an American football game either a NFL or college game

Progressing that answer, whats your favourite NFL and collegiate teams?

A fan/supporter of any other sport teams?

Progressing that answer, whats your favourite NFL and collegiate teams?

A fan/supporter of any other sport teams?

Notre Dame favourite college team. No major NFL team favourite. I enjoy watching the Browns, love a good underdog although they might not be underdogs much longer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

What's your all time favourite Christmas song?

If you were picking Christmas FM's next charity partner, are there any you'd have in mind?

If money was no object, what car would you drive?

Big house in the country or swanky penthouse in the city?

What Easter egg are you getting this year?

Posy wrote: »

If you were picking Christmas FM's next charity partner, are there any you'd have in mind?

Shaking Steven’s Merry Xmas Everyone

Irish Cancer Society or Make a Wish both fantastic charities.

Land Rover Range Rover. But reality I’d settle for a new Nissan Quashi or even the new Micras I really like the look of them :O

Big House in the country all day long

Lindt Milk Chocolate and I cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sorry late to the party.

Hope these wasn’t asked already...

3 famous dinner guests? Dead or alive (currently, not at the dinner!!) and why.

Best place you’ve been on holiday?

Ps love the fact you an NFL fan. Am a massive Eagles fan.

TRS30 wrote: »

Am a massive Eagles fan.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

:mad:

Please not a Cowboys fan?!?!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Please not a Cowboys fan?!?!

Huge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Feels like we could have a Christmas Boardsies outing to one of the upcoming college games in for the laugh, looks like there's a few of us NFL fans here :pac::pac: Plus, Notre Dame vs Navy in 2020 could be good craic!

Ok, questions.

1) Coke or Pepsi?
    2) Favourite book (or series!)?
    3) If you had 24 hours with money no object to do whatever you wanted to do, what would you chose?

Advertisement