Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Inter Minor Scr cups 2019

• 03-03-2019 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Any Scratches Cups confirmed as yet for coming season for ordinary club golfers, Seniors are on GUI website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zSKWbe5akmUnuMaqqD-0EfThi0dwNI_yyA6sY_IAnik/edit?usp=drivesdk

People should be able to update this if they wish, will keep an eye out myself too

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Dooks jnr and inter scr cup Sun 19th of May, dry run for the Boardsies, 40 squid and the timesheet is open, golfhead are you game

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Tralee senior scratch, 11 May.. 70euro .. 54 hole event .

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Dooks jnr and inter scr cup Sun 19th of May, dry run for the Boardsies, 40 squid and the timesheet is open, golfhead are you game

Pierse Purcell qualifier on that weekend and I'm Captain of our gang

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Moate have their Scratch Cups 18/19 May sponsored by Pepper Money.

Junior 4-9
    Intermediate 10-18
    Minor 19-28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

tralee & ballybunion intermediate are on 8th & 9th June
    i mailed them both the other day and got quick response
    unfortunately im not sure i can go, little ones birthday, i'd probably be shot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Seve OB wrote: »
    tralee & ballybunion intermediate are on 8th & 9th June
    i mailed them both the other day and got quick response
    unfortunately im not sure i can go, little ones birthday, i'd probably be shot :(
    Any idea when the timesheet opens for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭plumber77

Any idea when the timesheet opens for both.

Has been 2 weeks prior for the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

plumber77 wrote: »
    Has been 2 weeks prior for the last couple of years.

any idea on the handicap ranges for these? Ballybunion was 12-18 last year while Tralee was 10-17

slingerz wrote: »
    any idea on the handicap ranges for these? Ballybunion was 12-18 last year while Tralee was 10-17

No idea yet but I doubt they will be changing much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Athlone senior scratch cup on this Sunday the 14th. 36 holes, 40 quid which includes a bit of grub midway through. I played the course today and shes in good shape. I'll be playing in it myself and I can't wait to have a wee crack at her ;)

slingerz wrote: »

Ballybunion 6-11 junior and 12-17 int.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Can you play in these with a higher handicap seeing as it's played off scratch? Think it's done in my own club.
    Off 18 and would like to play the intermediate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dos29 wrote: »
    Can you play in these with a higher handicap seeing as it's played off scratch? Think it's done in my own club.

As far as I know, Ballybunion doesn't allow drop downs

dos29 wrote: »

Ballybunion won't allow drop downs as they will fill the timesheet anyway. There is a minor scratch cup on 9th June for 18-24 although it's the cashen course. Still well worth a trip

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

2 months to try drop 0.5 so....
    Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

bump...…:D

Moate have their Scratch Cups 18/19 May sponsored by Pepper Money.

Junior 4-9
    Intermediate 10-18
    Minor 19-28

Intermediate & Minor Scratch in Balbriggan on Sunday 26th May.

Timesheet now Open.

€20 for Visitors.

https://www.brsgolf.com/balbriggan/opens_home.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Senior Scratch this Saturday in Arklow

https://www.brsgolf.com/arklow/opens_home.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Senior, Junior, Intermediate and Minor Scratch Cups on in Beaverstown GC on Saturday June 1st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 superted81

Timesheet for Tralee on the 8th of June is now open, 10-18 handicaps. €60

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭paulos53

superted81 wrote: »

A few hours after the timesheet opened last year it was nearly booked out apart from a few late slots
    Right now more than half of the teetimes are unbooked. Has Tralee's 3rd price increase in 5 years been one increase too many?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

paulos53 wrote: »
    A few hours after the timesheet opened last year it was nearly booked out apart from a few late slots
    Right now more than half of the teetimes are unbooked. Has Tralee's 3rd price increase in 5 years been one increase too many?
    Still worth it at that price, no? Phenomenal course.. Shocked to see all the open slots..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

superted81 wrote: »

Ballybunion following day, €50

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

I'm playing the Junior in Tralee this week. €60 is definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭paulos53

My issue is will a sellout this year lead to another price increase next year? Have to draw a line somewhere

I see that there are a number of slots remaining for the Junior this weekend also

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My issue is will a sellout this year lead to another price increase next year? Have to draw a line somewhere

I see that there are a number of slots remaining for the Junior this weekend also

In fairness to Tralee I don't think their Open is about money, the reason for the increase is probably more to do with keeping the delta between the Open price and their "normal" Yank green fees slightly closer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Athlones charlie Kelly won the moate junior scratch at the weekend. I heard the course was in super condition for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Yeah i remember a few years ago getting a line on the timesheet was like trying to get U2 tickets. If you were a few hours late booking there was very little left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Junior and Intermediate Scratch Cups at Wicklow Golf Club on Saturday 8th June. Only €20 for visitors.

https://twitter.com/WicklowGolfClub/status/1130055789463392260

Advertisement