Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GP visit

Options
  • 04-04-2019 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Visited the GP this week and it cost me €60, up by €10 or 20%.

I’ll just leave it there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭turninggreen

Yep same here - back to boom time prices !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Visited the GP this week and it cost me €60, up by €10 or 20%.

I’ll just leave it there.

And probably 90% of those there are on a Med' Card after being
    transported in on their free bus pass to have their medication paid for!

A great little country!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Why shouldn't the senior citizens enjoy some small perks in their later years after working hard and paying taxes to this miserable government their whole lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Why shouldn't the senior citizens enjoy some small perks in their later years after working hard and paying taxes to this miserable government their whole lives?

A small perk you suggest!

The cost of the day could well run in to over €100.

I personally think the days of free travel and medication should be finished with.
    Charge a seniors rate and that should make visiting a Doctor a lot easier for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭RoamingDoc

I personally think the days of free travel and medication should be finished with.

Given the state of the state pension and the rate of polypharmacy in that population, that would effectively leave them housebound and at risk of imminent risk of death.

I don't think that really fits with our society (or at least I hope not).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Throwing out a sprat again, no one's biting.JIm4y5s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

And probably 90% of those there are on a Med' Card after being transported in on their free bus pass to have their medication paid for!

'Free' public services are a myth, as most, if not all citizens pay some form of taxation, including consumption taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    'Free' public services are a myth, as most, if not all citizens pay some form of taxation, including consumption taxes.

Christ.
    I'm gonna get you a new drum to beat... When is your birthday?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

kuang1 wrote:
    Christ. I'm gonna get you a new drum to beat... When is your birthday?

Fair play, everyday is my birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

If you are not happy there is a new private doctor surgery at willimstown ardkeen, HR walk in medical clinic 40euro for to see a doctor no appointment needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

If you are not happy there is a new private doctor surgery at willimstown ardkeen, HR walk in medical clinic 40euro for to see a doctor no appointment needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Used this myself a few weeks ago. Great service. Dead in there aswell so no waiting around

€30 for a student with ID. Great value

Advertisement