Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ev grant

• 03-04-2019 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, does anyone know how long it takes for the EV grant to come through. I put my deposit down about two weeks ago and still no word.

Thanks,

Baz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bazirl wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know how long it takes for the EV grant to come through. I put my deposit down about two weeks ago and still no word.

Thanks,

Baz

Do you mean for new car or charger?

If car it comes off the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bazirl

Do you mean for new car or charger?

If car it comes off the price.

A new car but the car is in stock in the garage

A new car but the car is in stock in the garage

Sorry the garage said they have to wait for grant approval before they can sell the car. Does anyone know how long this takes

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sorry the garage said they have to wait for grant approval before they can sell the car. Does anyone know how long this takes

For me it took the full ten working days from when they put in my details.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    For me it took the full ten working days from when they put in my details.

Is ten days the normal or can it take a lot longer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It can take longer.
    There is only one employee in the SEAI that processes the EV grants and gives the garage authorization that the grant is accepted. Otherwise, the garage risks letting you have the car for 5k less than what they need.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They say "up to" ten working days. From reading around online it's normal it will take the full ten at a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

It took me eleven or twelve working days, but you can ring after the 10 days are up to see how it is going it it seems stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DeanH544

Took mine 21 working days and got my car two weeks ago. Was told it would take 10 working days also but I'm guessing with the increase in sales it has slowed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭OO7FITZY

I am waiting 5 working days now for word from my dealer and still nothing
    Car is gathering dust...ridiculous it cant be released!

is there anyone I can call but I won't wait 10-15 days for this without creating a fuss?

Is there a number to ring and apply some pressure?

hope you all are enjoying driving an EV already :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

OO7FITZY wrote: »

is there anyone I can call but I won't wait 10-15 days for this without creating a fuss?

No, that's about the skin of it, 10-15 days is normal enough, can get a bit longer during the plate changeovers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

OO7FITZY wrote: »

We are just back to some form of a new normality after a worldwide pandemic and tour fussing about waiting an extra week for a new car. First world problems right there!

There is one person that administers these grants and most likely hundreds of applications and particularly now with the new 202 reg plates released today.

If there’s one thing this lock down thought me was, have some patience. It will happen.

If you won’t wait 15 days, then go buy something else.

Relax and chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

i had to wait 3 months for my approval due to shut down, so waiting the 2-3 weeks you shouldn't be complaining....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Our application has been in a few weeks, the dealer told us its moved to stage 3, anyone know how much longer we might have to wait before dealer can release the car?

We wired them the balance yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Mine went in Monday of last week and was approved today.

tk123 wrote: »
    Mine went in Monday of last week and was approved today.

When you say approved, do you mean the car can be released to you?

Ours went in about 3 weeks ago and came back on Monday approved, dealer said he now has to accept offer to get some code that allows them to register the car with the reduced VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

When you say approved, do you mean the car can be released to you?

Ours went in about 3 weeks ago and came back on Monday approved, dealer said he now has to accept offer to get some code that allows them to register the car with the reduced VAT?

I’m collecting it next week. They have restrictions on how many can be in the showroom etc etc so had to be by appointment.

Nice one, you're doing better than our appication given ours went in mid June and car still isn't able to be registered yet.

Am due another update from dealer today, get the impression they are not really chasing up, just submit then wait and see :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭chewed

tk123 wrote: »
    I’m collecting it next week. They have restrictions on how many can be in the showroom etc etc so had to be by appointment.

Me too. It'll be ready on Tuesday. 3 weeks after my initial deposit

Got a call from the dealer, car will be registered on Monday and we'll collect in the afternoon :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

slave1 wrote: »
    Good stuff, what is she?

e208 in blue.

Advertisement