Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Millem wrote: »
    Amazon Italy have €10 off every €100 spent on car seats. Offer ends tonight.

A bit long winded but Ireland seems to have the highest VAT rate and amazon uk change the price to Irish VAT rate. Amazon de and amazon it....seem to reduce the price??
    Anyway even with postage the Euro price was less than the figure when it was in sterling!

How do you work all these things out?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

How do you work all these things out?!

Literally put the items in your basket and click right until the end to see the final price ;)

Sorry forgot to add there is an app called “hagglezon” which prices items on all the amazon websites for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Has anyone ordered from the next English site? Their sale online in England started today. Has anyone ordered from the English site and got delivery to Ireland? Then can you return in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Axkid Minikid available on babyshop for €280 (plus €6 delivery) - normally €400. Supposed to be a good rear facing seat up to 25kg.

Use code MOREDISCOUNT to get it to €280.

https://www.babyshop.com/minikid-2018-carseat-rear-facing-0-25kg-green/p/237779

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Mothercare have an offer on car seats at the minute, some of them are selling VAT free, and others are reduced. I think it ends tomorrow, but I went in today as I had to replace 2 seats and was pleasantly surprised to find them reduced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Tesco Naas had a hi-lo baby high chair down from €65 to €17.50 - Not sure if it was a misprice but the shelf tag said €17.50. Only had one that I could see. Worth a shot if someone needs one.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sarah1916

Has anyone seen any deals on the sleepyhead deluxe pods? TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Can anyone recommend good cot bed sheets and someplace online to get? Driving me mad trying to get some, Guinneys only have the flannel ones which just go bawly after a bit so anything but them thanks

Milly33 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend good cot bed sheets and someplace online to get? Driving me mad trying to get some, Guinneys only have the flannel ones which just go bawly after a bit so anything but them thanks

Tesco ones are grand!
    I have baby elegance ones that symths do offers on and they shrunk to be honest.

I think ours done the same actually drove me bonkers, and the Aldi ones.. thank you very much shall try the local tescos tomorrow fingers crossed they have them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Sarah1916 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any deals on the sleepyhead deluxe pods? TIA.

€159 in Boots, and with a boots card will get you 1590 points back, being €15.90 of boots money. Boots had a 10% off baby stuff a week or 2 back, pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

For all my kids I just bought single bed flannelette sheets and double or treble folded them. The Penny's ones never balled and the kids had a lovely soft sheet beneath them.

i actually had to put on a single fitted sheet there as well i wont say where the other sheet i had went, looks loverly but was worried she would pull the excess sheet out but then thats the mind set they put in your head isnt it,

i actually had to put on a single fitted sheet there as well i wont say where the other sheet i had went, looks loverly but was worried she would pull the excess sheet out but then thats the mind set they put in your head isnt it,

Just use a regular flat sheet rather than fitted and it'll tuck neatly under the mattress and they won't pull it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sarah1916

€159 in Boots, and with a boots card will get you 1590 points back, being €15.90 of boots money. Boots had a 10% off baby stuff a week or 2 back, pity.

Thanks a mill. Such a pity I missed the boots 10% off. I am not due until August so I must keep an eye out for another sale before then.

Sarah1916 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill. Such a pity I missed the boots 10% off. I am not due until August so I must keep an eye out for another sale before then.

Highly recommend it. We ended up getting a 2nd cover for it (pricey too, about 60euro I think), but it was all well worth it. Got about 4 months of use out of it until our daughter (August baby too) kinda outgrew it. She started liking to sleep like a starfish at around 4 months. Sleepyhead was our "sleeping downstairs" solution. Popped it on the couch and she was happy out sleeping in there. No need for moses baskets or bassinets taking up space around the house.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

My four year old has started to want ‘football gear’. He doesn’t actually play at all but he wore his full mayo kit yesterday and insisted on getting a little Ireland kit in Dunnes which he is in today. Apparently I have to wash his mayo gear for tomorrow now.

Any advice on where to get this stuff? He starts school in September, will the knock offs lead to ribbing? Or where do you get decent value stuff

My four year old has started to want ‘football gear’. He doesn’t actually play at all but he wore his full mayo kit yesterday and insisted on getting a little Ireland kit in Dunnes which he is in today. Apparently I have to wash his mayo gear for tomorrow now.

Any advice on where to get this stuff? He starts school in September, will the knock offs lead to ribbing? Or where do you get decent value stuff

Sorrt dont have a clue about football gear!

You could try life style sports online. Sign up to uni days and they have an online promo code for 10% off!

Also there is an o Neills factory shop in walkinstown.....never been myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I don’t think they notice at that age if stuff is genuine or dunnes or Penney’s stuff, tbh. My eldest lad is 7, and I don’t think it would cross his !mind that there’s a difference.
    In terms of gaa, the training shirts are a good bit cheaper than the actual county kits, and they still qualify as football gear! Also, they’re practically dry coming out of the washing machine, so the turnaround is very quick!

jlm29 wrote: »
    I don’t think they notice at that age if stuff is genuine or dunnes or Penney’s stuff, tbh. My eldest lad is 7, and I don’t think it would cross his !mind that there’s a difference.
    In terms of gaa, the training shirts are a good bit cheaper than the actual county kits, and they still qualify as football gear! Also, they’re practically dry coming out of the washing machine, so the turnaround is very quick!

That’s great thanks. Hopefully we’ll get a few years out of him so

• Advertisement

@mirrorwall, my son started this crack last year and he is sports gear mad still. I found the dunnes stuff great although the sizes run very very small. He in particular loves a number on his jersies, he's not particularly bothered by genuine or knock off yet. If in Dublin, O'neills factory shop is great for bits. I just ordered him lots of jersies and togs from H&M too and they are lovely quality... great for summer and they dry in a heartbeat. H&M have 15% off at the minute if you order on their app.

Dunnes sale is online

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Dunnes sale is online

Terrible website, I can hardly add anything to my basket. I think it's because things are out of stock, but the option to filter by size still includes them. Very frustrating

Amazon have pampers premium protection nappies size 5 136 nappies for £11.66 subscribe and save.
    You need to sign up for prime (free trial). I cancelled my trial straight away....you get 30 days.

Selling size 4 on special too.

Lidl nappies size 3-6 all
    €1.99 this weekend

Lidl nappies size 3-6 all
    €1.99 this weekend

Lidl nappies just aint what they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

The range is selling off their baby range as the will no longer be doing it . If anyone is near one it's worth a look

These are fantastic might need to pick up another one thanks bungaro...

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen the Mam soother adaptors in a physical shop?

Advertisement