Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Grant 2019 tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭cannco253

http://johngrantmusic.com/tour-dates-2/

Cork Galway Dublin March 2019!!

And limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

Great seeing him tour the country - esp cork .. .woohoo !!

I am still not sure of the new album though - finding it hard to warm to and some of the songs are way too long !

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

Anyone have any presale info on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't be surprised if he crops up for the Body & Soul festival lineup.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Finally a decent artist for Limerick. On sale tomorrow morning

Looking forward to Galway tomorrow night. Hardly any publicity for this tour at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

was at the Cork show last night - twas out of this worrrrrrrrld!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

agree seems to be very low key tour here - was at the cork gig as well - it was brilliant. really enjoyed it, the sound was amazing. John in great form - jury still out for me on some of the LIM stuff … his earlier stuff though is just timeless !!

Review here - https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/review-john-grant-cork-opera-house-914254.html

What time was he on stage in Cork??? Was there a support act, cheers in advance.

• Advertisement

whatever76 wrote: »
    agree seems to be very low key tour here - was at the cork gig as well - it was brilliant. really enjoyed it, the sound was amazing. John in great form - jury still out for me on some of the LIM stuff … his earlier stuff though is just timeless !!

Review here - https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/review-john-grant-cork-opera-house-914254.html

the review pretty much sums up my thoughts on the gig.. but.. there was a song he played which i adored.. but didn't know the name of it.. checked out the setlist and discovered that its called " is he strange".. which is actually from the LIM album... so while I thought that the new album is musically good and fully of experimentation but perhaps devoid of anthems unlike the older albums, I have now changed my mind... I adore "is he strange" - would love to hear an acoustic version of it.. would consider it somewhat of a masterpiece of a composition..

I am still buzzing from the gig.. still wakening up with his tracks in my head... now thats the sign of a good gig...

He was on stage at 9 in cork - played for over 2 hrs.. he didn't wanna stop.. there was a support though i am ashamed to say that i didn't go to it.. can't rem the name but he thanked them and gave them v high praise so my loss and regret..

anyone know the name of the support?

Stunning gig !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Ah balls. Totally forgot about this, meant to buy a ticket closer to the time but it slipped my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

sporina wrote: »
    the review pretty much sums up my thoughts on the gig.. but.. there was a song he played which i adored.. but didn't know the name of it.. checked out the setlist and discovered that its called " is he strange".. which is actually from the LIM album... so while I thought that the new album is musically good and fully of experimentation but perhaps devoid of anthems unlike the older albums, I have now changed my mind... I adore "is he strange" - would love to hear an acoustic version of it.. would consider it somewhat of a masterpiece of a composition..

I am still buzzing from the gig.. still wakening up with his tracks in my head... now thats the sign of a good gig...

He was on stage at 9 in cork - played for over 2 hrs.. he didn't wanna stop.. there was a support though i am ashamed to say that i didn't go to it.. can't rem the name but he thanked them and gave them v high praise so my loss and regret..

anyone know the name of the support?

Oblong

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

He has just been announced for a co-headline gig with Villagers in the Big Top in Galway. Not sure if its an April Fools or not so sorry in advance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

He was on BBC 4 tv's highlights of 6 music festival in Liverpool last night, great version of Preppy Boy and whole gig is on bbc iPlayer.

He was on BBC 4 tv's highlights of 6 music festival in Liverpool last night, great version of Preppy Boy and whole gig is on bbc iPlayer.

can we get bbc iplayer here?

Leisureland in Galway was half empty , real shame after seapoint the last time he played. Really enjoyed it, great show as always from Mr Grant. the new album is very heavy in places but if you stick with it it grows on you .
    Whoever is responsible for the light show deserves a special mention.

I’m not sure the Galway arts festival announcement with the villagers is a good one - too soon for both bands to play again and the big top doesn’t really work for quiet gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

He's been added to the All Together Now festival too:

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

sporina wrote:
    can we get bbc iplayer here?

With a vpn yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

mrk75 wrote: »
    He's been added to the All Together Now festival too:

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/

This has made up for missing him! Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

With a vpn yeah.

BBC iplayer radio works fine in Ireland, no vpn is required. I’m always listening to it.

bergipau wrote: »
    BBC iplayer radio works fine in Ireland, no vpn is required. I’m always listening to it.

its on the youtube channel..

but also didn't realise you were talking about radio.. had tv in my mind.. thanks

Advertisement