Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shaving Equipment - For Sale/For Trade/Free

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I have a Merkur 33c, a Fatip Piccalo and Muhle R89 I don't use as the 33c is too light and the other two rip my face

If I could get a ball of Gillette Yellows I'd swap

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Have 50 yellow Gillette 7 O'clocks and 50 Personna Platinums knocking around. Would love to swap for a similar amount of Voskhods...

Any interest in a Muhle R41 open comb head? Open to offers for a swap - mild razors, creams etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

nephster wrote: »
    Have 50 yellow Gillette 7 O'clocks and 50 Personna Platinums knocking around. Would love to swap for a similar amount of Voskhods...

Any interest in a Muhle R41 open comb head? Open to offers for a swap - mild razors, creams etc.

I'll take you up on the Gilettes. PM me your details.

...and PM sent.

Selling a few bits as my old fashioned Gillette Techs suit my face far better. Prices included postage in Ireland

Muhle R41 (newer version) €25

Merkur Progress €40

Merkur 33c €15

Fatip Piccolo (slim handle) €10

Muhle R89 €15

I'm basing prices off shaving.ie new prices I think I'm pricing ok?

I must do a clear out of my 100 blade packs too have Derby, Astra's and that to clear out. Might even throw in teh Derby's with a razor as they cost feck all anyways

Edit: in fact I have approximately

95 Astra Superior Platinum
    95 Rapira Super Stainless
    100 Wilkinson Sword
    75 Derby Extra

4 lots might throw in a lot of blades with each razor, first come first served pick what blades with what razor

• Advertisement

Many thanks to stimpson for saving my Gillette yellows from gathering dust in a drawer and sending a rake of Russian blades in return (posted yesterday, arrived today). Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

A pleasure doing buisness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Just to let people know, giftsandcare.com are doing free shipping until August 31st for selected items.

Merkur 33c and Gillette blades gone, many thanks to the buyer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Merkur 33c and Gillette blades gone, many thanks to the buyer :)

Many thanks to seller, razor and blades arrived this morning. Razor in fantastic condition and, with blades, fantastic value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I am 24 years old and i'm trying to grow some facial hair. I haven't shaved since June. My beard is patchy and needs a trim. My mustache is longer than the rest. Usually i'd use disposable razors but i'm looking for a starter beard trimmer within a modest budget,

These here any use?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4441218/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHealth+and+personal+care%7C14418350/c_2/3%7Ccat_19805475%7CMen%27s+beard+trimmers+and+hair+clippers%7C14418417.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6180137/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHealth+and+personal+care%7C14418350/c_2/3%7Ccat_19805475%7CMen%27s+beard+trimmers+and+hair+clippers%7C14418417.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Been using Wilkinson Sword Protector for a while.

Can't seem to find spare blades now; anyone know where I might find them?

Alternatively, where is the current best value for a new razor/blades starter kit? Aldi? Tesco? Lidl?

I like the triple-blade, safety type.

Thanks.

D.

Selling a few bits as my old fashioned Gillette Techs suit my face far better. Prices included postage in Ireland

Merkur Progress €40

Muhle R89 €15

I'm basing prices off shaving.ie new prices I think I'm pricing ok?

I must do a clear out of my 100 blade packs too have Derby, Astra's and that to clear out. Might even throw in teh Derby's with a razor as they cost feck all anyways

Edit: in fact I have approximately

75 Derby Extra

4 lots might throw in a lot of blades with each razor, first come first served pick what blades with what razor

Fatip and Rapiras now also gone after the 33c and Wilkies

The above are left

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭daddy_boy

Hi,

I bought this a week ago and unfortunately its not for me, going to stick to my merkur.

I have used it a couple of times and it is in excellent condition.

if i agree a sale with someone from "boards" mention in the pm and i will throw in a sealed box of 10 Feather blades.

http://www.adverts.ie/14034068

MzVjMDY5Yzg1YjJlMzJmZTZmOTdiNWM4M2I2ZTgyNjDqifTBTj2XAXClKN4GfgP3aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZGM0Yzg2YjM1MGQ5OTcxNjVmZDQ2OTRhMjUwNDhlZDNkYzc4MzZjMzQyZDA5NTU1ZTQzNmZlNTg1NTI4ZGQ3ZS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Would anyone be interested in this?

Bought it off eBay about 2 years ago and it's just been sitting there unused after a few shaves.

I've no idea on price would be open to a trade of something.

https://imgur.com/a/0fI6d

Image way to big to post it full size here

I might be interested. Any idea of what your looking for trade?

Soaps, creams, blades?

Still have the following, prices included postage in Ireland

Merkur Progress €40

Muhle R89 €15

75 Derby Extra

I'll throw in the Astras or Derbys with a razor, first come first served.

Progress and Astras gone.

Still have the following, prices included postage in Ireland

Muhle R89 €15

75 Derby Extra

I'll throw in the Derbys with a razor, first come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Thanks razor and blades arrived today perfect.

Giftsandcare.com have a sale on at the moment.

40% off sandalwood products and free shipping on certain items including Castle Forbes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

BiUrban on mannor street in Dublin have some safety razors if anyone is looking for one in that area of Dublin.

Have the following for sale posted:

Merkur Futur Stainless Version €50

Muhle R89 €15

Have the following for sale posted:

Merkur Futur Stainless Version €50

Muhle R89 €15

Bump

I'm willing to throw the 3 together in a package for €60 including postage for all 3, I need rid

Anyone looking for some hair clippers?
    Bought these a while back, used them a couple of times but unfortunately for me they only go down to 0.8mm and that just isn't tight enough for me:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074QCZCPQ
    All accessories, spare battery etc. supplied.
    Happy to meet in Dublin city centre or Dublin 11.
    Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Bump

I'm willing to throw the 3 together in a package for €60 including postage for all 3, I need rid

Razors received. Thanks. Look forward to trying them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I have 100 Rapira Super Stainless - the blue black and pink stripe pack. I am not a huge fan so looking to swap/sell 50-80 of them. Any interest?

• nephster wrote: »
    Anyone looking for some hair clippers?
    Bought these a while back, used them a couple of times but unfortunately for me they only go down to 0.8mm and that just isn't tight enough for me:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074QCZCPQ
    All accessories, spare battery etc. supplied.
    Happy to meet in Dublin city centre or Dublin 11.
    Greg

How much are you looking for?

How much are you looking for?

The title of that post was "Clippers free to good home" so I was literally giving them away - unfortunately they are now in a storage unit so have no access to them at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

40 Astra blades and 40 Derby blades free to a good home. I bought a Mühle R41 a couple of months ago and used it with my normal Feather blades. There was some bloodshed, so I thought I would try milder blades like the Astra and Feathers. They helped me to learn to shave more carefully with the R41, but the shave isn't good enough. So it's back to the Feathers for me, and anyone can have the other blades. DM me or PM me or whatever they call it here.

Advertisement