Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

Congrats to all who got the call. Well done to you all. It may well be worth the wait this job but the wait is more stressful than anything done in the process! Considering they are 200 above me in the ML now I cannot fathom what is taking my vetting so long to come back. There must be something I am not aware of in my 30 years on this earth that is slowing it down. Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

VickyDoc wrote: »
    705-710. Cheers

Congratulations, they’re flying through the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Starsky1

Slatprh wrote: »
    Congratulations, they’re flying through the list!

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Just got the call!!! I’m in shock

Congratulations :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dizzeedog

Hi folks, been following this thread for a while but never posted. I've seen som people saying their vetting is holding up their application but how would you know if you're vetting is cleared? I assumed it was something that happened in the background and you wouldn't hear anything about it unless there was a problem - but do we get an email once the vettings cleared? I've passed all other stages and have fingers crossed for a call soon!

Also congrats to everyone who's had their call! :)

• Advertisement

dizzeedog wrote: »
    Hi folks, been following this thread for a while but never posted. I've seen som people saying their vetting is holding up their application but how would you know if you're vetting is cleared? I assumed it was something that happened in the background and you wouldn't hear anything about it unless there was a problem - but do we get an email once the vettings cleared? I've passed all other stages and have fingers crossed for a call soon!

Also congrats to everyone who's had their call! :)

Yes you get an email confirmation upon passing vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Penny16

I got the call today! 710 - 720!!

Penny16 wrote: »
    I got the call today! 710 - 720!!

Well done! Best of luck for your training!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sun1710

Long time lurker , needing advice.
    Merit list between 730-50 all stages passed.
    Hopeful for the next set of calls in April but on holiday with no phone signal for the week they are possibly due.
    Do I Email/phone recruitment and advise them of this and state I would accept it if I offered.

Congratulations to all who have received the call.

Sun1710 wrote: »
    Long time lurker , needing advice.
    Merit list between 730-50 all stages passed.
    Hopeful for the next set of calls in April but on holiday with no phone signal for the week they are possibly due.
    Do I Email/phone recruitment and advise them of this and state I would accept it if I offered.

Congratulations to all who have received the call.

I would definitely phone recruitment and confirm something, only they will be able to tell you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Peelers

Has anyone received anything in the post yet, since receiving the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

Does anyone know how to check and see if anyone has looked at your credit report via experia?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wild. Wild. West.

Just got the call!!! I’m in shock

Congratulations :-)

My Man, you hang in there you time coming 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wild. Wild. West.

LKB89 wrote: »
    Slatprh wrote: »
    If you think this wait is bad, try being in the 15/10 squad that had to wait 3 years 😂😂

There were major delays in the 1509 campaign because of the cheating scandal that happened.

Which worked out well for all applicants of 1509 as they exhausted the list and didnt do a campaign im 2016.

They had never exhausted lists before but id say they will exhaust 1710.

I think they will too

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LKB89

Andy smith wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to check and see if anyone has looked at your credit report via experia?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    I used this to check mine and it shows up under searches if you have had a credit check done or not.

Mine was done months after most around my ML and of course my vetting still hasnt passed. (Not because of my credit score either as have no debts) 6 months ongoing this Fri coming. Missed my start date for May too. 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

LKB89 wrote: »
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    I used this to check mine and it shows up under searches if you have had a credit check done or not.

Mine was done months after most around my ML and of course my vetting still hasnt passed. (Not because of my credit score either as have no debts) 6 months ongoing this Fri coming. Missed my start date for May too. 😭

Thank you!hope all comes good for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Hi could anyone tell me roughly how long before your start date at GV is the induction day and what happens at the induction day?
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HalloweenQueen

Peelers wrote: »
    Has anyone received anything in the post yet, since receiving the call?

Hi there. I still havnt received any paperwork. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CML19

Hi there. I still havnt received any paperwork. Anyone else?

I still haven’t received mine, has anyone received there’s yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 giny01

Hi

Does anyone have a rough idea when next set of calls might be?

• Advertisement

giny01 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone have a rough idea when next set of calls might be?

Usually the last week of every month

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rosesandlemons

I got the call last week also, can whoever receives their pack let us know? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

I got the call last week also, can whoever receives their pack let us know? Thanks

Has anyone got there packs yet if so what districts are available

So after missing out on two intakes due to vetting being exceptionally slow, I have finally received my vetting back!! This will hopefully mean I’d be in the next set of calls. Missed out narrowly on the last! Received it on Tuesday! Well done to those who already received the call!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Gymshark wrote: »
    So after missing out on two intakes due to vetting being exceptionally slow, I have finally received my vetting back!! This will hopefully mean I’d be in the next set of calls. Missed out narrowly on the last! Received it on Tuesday! Well done to those who already received the call!

Glad to hear it mate, can only imagine how frustrating it’s been for you. You’ll be on the next set of calls for sure.

Does anyone know if PSNI actually contact your employer? Recently got my start date and I only need a weeks notice however I am wondering if they know / will they be contacted?

Penny16 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if PSNI actually contact your employer? Recently got my start date and I only need a weeks notice however I am wondering if they know / will they be contacted?

I highly doubt it as they would be opening up a whole host of security issues by disclosing that info to whoever they spoke to on the end of the phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Gymshark wrote: »
    I highly doubt it as they would be opening up a whole host of security issues by disclosing that info to whoever they spoke to on the end of the phone!

The employers are only put down on vetting to see if it marries up with what HMRC says your income comes from...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rosesandlemons

Any separate forums for May intake?

• Advertisement

YNWA27 wrote: »
    The employers are only put down on vetting to see if it marries up with what HMRC says your income comes from...

Perfect guys!! Thanks

Advertisement