Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Running holiday in France

• 05-05-2018 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Seriously thinking of booking a Running in France holiday for this July/Aug. I've been in contact with the lady who organised this, Jeannette, who has been great so far with info. Staying in self contained accommodation, breakfast and dinner provided and twice daily guided running trips through french countryside.
    Just wondering if anyone here has booked this running holiday? Where did you fly into?
    Looking at flights to Bordeaux but I need to get to Thiviers. Anyone know if there is a train between Bordeaux and Thiviers and if so what company? Ms google says there is a train but when I try to book it says unavailable.
    Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

I just had a look on sncf website and I got a result straight away. Bordeaux to thiviers 1hr 41mins best price €27.90 each way. Were you trying to book via Google? Try sncf.com

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

webpal wrote: »
    I just had a look on sncf website and I got a result straight away. Bordeaux to thiviers 1hr 41mins best price €27.90 each way. Were you trying to book via Google? Try sncf.com[

Thank you for this. When I tried to book these trains it said unavailable. Might just be the dates I'm looking to travel. Anyone ever go on a running holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 squirrel84

Hi,

Did you book this running holiday in France? Would you recommend it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

Check out Chamonix. One of the best places in world to go running.

You get ski lifts up to the trails, run across ridges, views of glaciers, alpine lakes etc, and back into town for lunch. Repeat.

Fly into Geneva and transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭AhhHere

Adharanand Finn, author of Running with The Kenyans and The Way of The Runner organises running retreats that look interesting, including Chamonix: http://thewayoftherunner.com/

Both books of his are fantastic too. Summarises the wonderment of running and give you an insight into a different part of the world. Like running + travel combined, so I'm a big fan. He's got a new one out in May about Ultras which I've pre-ordered too. (Just a big fan - not related btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

squirrel84 wrote: »
    Hi,

Did you book this running holiday in France? Would you recommend it?

Never booked this in the end. The lady who runs this only does running hols on specific limited dates which didn’t match my hols from work. Another year perhaps.

U thinking of booking?

Advertisement