Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The World Of Hans Zimmer

Options
  • 24-03-2019 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Going to this concert tomorrow night at the 3Arena. Saw him the last two times he played here and loved it, and although this time he won't be here himself, it looks like this could be very good:

https://www.worldofhanszimmer.com/

My only disappointment with the last two concerts was the version of The Dark Knight played, but listening to the clip on the above site, sounds like this one will be awesome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

how was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Enjoyed this show last night.

I wasn't a big fan of his video clips between pieces but overall thought it was very impressive.
    Thankfully there was much less moving by people than there usually is at shows, don't know if that is because it was a different crowd or because venue stewards stopped people coming back in until the orchestra was finished playing a particular piece.

Lisa Gerard was like something out of another time. Both in aura and performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

ya she is unreal.
    some voice

I thought it was rather poor..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I wasnt too impressed by Lisa Gerrard singing the gladiator song. I didnt think her voice transitioned well between the highs and lows and at times was off key which was disappointing.

All in all id give the show 7/10. As mentioned by a poster above I thought the video clips of Hans Zimmer speaking between each song sort of took away from it a little.

The rendition of Time and the Lion King was absolutely amazing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Lion King and Gladiator opening battle music were the highlights. Agreed that Lisa Gerrard seemed a bit off during Gladiator but she was very good overall. Didn't mind the clips between songs; thought it was a decent touch considering he wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Just a question, was everyone aware before buying their tickets that the man himself, Hans Zimmer, wasnt going to be there? Maybe I completely missed that bit of information because when he appeared on screen and not on stage me and my mate looked at each other in complete confusion. I was still sure he was only winding us up and would turn up at some point. Tbh I was disappointed he wasnt there. I went to see him 2 years ago and it was probably the best gig I've ever been to, that was a magical night so not to have him there in person made a big difference. Plus aswell they played a lot of the less well known scores which was kind of like Bob dylan showing up and playing lots of material off the new album and forgoing the hits as it were. They didnt play one piece from Intersteller which was something I had been looking forward to. Ditto for anything from Dunkirk and the Thin red line. I mean they were tight and I cant fault the musicians but a Hans zimmer gig needed Hans zimmer playing the hits.

Yeah, although I kind of gathered he wouldn't be there a few days before,..

E70 was steep for a cover band like.. videos between songs made it worse..Felt almost patronising or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Yeah, although I kind of gathered he wouldn't be there a few days before,..

E70 was steep for a cover band like.. videos between songs made it worse..Felt almost patronising or something..

I paid in total for two tickets, 185 bills......... They should've made it very clear from the promotion, that Hans Zimmer wouldnt actually be there in person. Lesson learned, always read the fine print.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

I'm sorry but absolutely no sympathy for anyone that didn't know he wouldn't be there.It was never advertised as a Hans Zimmer concert ...you see ads all the time for the likes of The RTE concert orchestra plays music by John Williams in The National Concert hall...doesn't mean he's going to be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

argentum wrote: »
    I'm sorry but absolutely no sympathy for anyone that didn't know he wouldn't be there.It was never advertised as a Hans Zimmer concert ...you see ads all the time for the likes of The RTE concert orchestra plays music by John Williams in The National Concert hall...doesn't mean he's going to be there

To be fair the title "RTE Concert Orchestra plays music by John Williams" is a lot less misleading than "World of Hans Zimmer". My ticket was bought to me as a gift under the pretense that Hans Zimmer would be there. It didnt matter to me as much to be honest but I totally get how people would have been misled. You have to dig quite deep in the worldofhanszimmer.com website to find out hes not going to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Gladiator, The Lion King and Inception were phenomenal as expected but I was pleasantly surprised to be absolutely blown away by Pirates of the Caribbean. Amazing to hear it performed live and you could tell that everybody had great fun playing it too

Advertisement