Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Citroen Ireland launched the C5 Aircross

• 26-03-2019 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Citroen Ireland had their official Irish launch of the C5 Aircross last week (20th March 2019). Below are the models / spec & prices. Petrol & Diesel from the start with a Petrol / Electric (4X4) PHEV scheduled for launch in 2020.

737x737-C5-Aircross-SUV.296980.jpg

I took the below data from the Citroen website <here> and looking at the Road Tax quoted and the CO2 figures quoted, there is something wrong, as I also found with the DS website when I checked the Road Tax on the DS7 Crossback...

So I have shown the Citroen figures along side revisited Road Tax figures in the "My Take" column, these figures are compiled from the CO2 column.

Citroen My Take
    Make Model Engine Fuel Transmission CO2/km Quoted Road Tax Retail Price
    Citroen C5 AirCross Start 1.2L Puretech 130bhp 6MT Petrol 6-Speed Manual 152 €270 €390 €26,495
    Citroen C5 AirCross Touch 1.2L Puretech 130bhp 6MT Petrol 6-Speed Manual 152 €270 €390 €27,995
    Citroen C5 AirCross Touch 1.6L Puretech 180bhp EAT8 Petrol 8-Speed Automatic 168 €280 €570 €32,495
    Citroen C5 AirCross Touch 1.5L BlueHDi 130bhp 6MT Diesel 6-Speed Manual 138 €190 €280 €29,995
    Citroen C5 AirCross Touch_ 1.5L BlueHDi 130bhp EAT8 Diesel 8-Speed Automatic 143 €190 €390 €32,095
    Citroen C5 AirCross Feel 1.2L Puretech 130bhp 6MT Petrol 6-Speed Manual 156 €270 €570 €29,995
    Citroen C5 AirCross Feel 1.6L Puretech 180bhp EAT8 Petrol 8-Speed Automatic TBC €280 TBC €34,495
    Citroen C5 AirCross Feel 1.5L BlueHDi 130bhp 6MT Diesel 6-Speed Manual 141 €190 €390 €31,995
    Citroen C5 AirCross Feel 1.5L BlueHDi 130bhp EAT8 Diesel 8-Speed Automatic 143 €190 €390 €34,095
    Citroen C5 AirCross Feel 2.0L BlueHDi 180bhp EAT8 Diesel 8-Speed Automatic TBC €270 TBC €38,095
    Citroen C5 AirCross Fair 1.2L Puretech 130bhp 6MT Petrol 6-Speed Manual 153 €200 €390 €33,695
    Citroen C5 AirCross Fair 1.6L Puretech 180bhp EAT8_ Petrol 8-Speed Automatic TBC €270 TBC €38,195
    Citroen C5 AirCross Fair 1.5L BlueHDi 130bhp 6MT Diesel 6-Speed Manual 139 €190 €280 €35,695
    Citroen C5 AirCross Fair 1.5L BlueHDi 130bhp EAT8 Diesel 8-Speed Automatic 141 €190 €390 €37,795
    Citroen C5 AirCross_ Fair 2.0L BlueHDi 180bhp EAT8 Diesel_ 8-Speed Automatic_ TBC €270 TBC €41,795

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Why on Earth they decided not to offer 1.2 PT with Automatic?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was really looking forward to this, since I sow it for the first time. Read a good bit about it too.
    Then finally test drove 1.2 petrol manual in mid spec last week. I thought it will be finally a car that take me away from sport/hot hatch cars and make me a bit more mature. In the end I was so disappointed by it, that I jumped back in to my car and could not be happier.

I said in it other thread already: it's really a beautiful car and has really modern look. Definitely makes people notice it. Unfortunately I expected it too be a lot more comfortable and have better sound isolation. Let's be honest, they really pushing in marketing.
    That 1.2 engine is horrible. I don't like diesels at all, but I would take diesel over that petrol engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Yeah it's strange that they don't offer the 1.2L Puretech with the 8 speed Automatic in both Citroen C5 Aircross or the DS7 Crossback, as it's sister cars the Peugeot 3008 and the Opel Grandland X both have the 1.2L Puretech with the 8 speed Automatic. I did a quick check and the UK don't have the 8 speed automatic in the 1.2L Puretech either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I was really looking forward to this, since I sow it for the first time. Read a good bit about it too.
    Then finally test drove 1.2 petrol manual in mid spec last week. I thought it will be finally a car that take me away from sport/hot hatch cars and make me a bit more mature. In the end I was so disappointed by it, that I jumped back in to my car and could not be happier.

I said in it other thread already: it's really a beautiful car and has really modern look. Definitely makes people notice it. Unfortunately I expected it too be a lot more comfortable and have better sound isolation. Let's be honest, they really pushing in marketing.
    That 1.2 engine is horrible. I don't like diesels at all, but I would take diesel over that petrol engine.
    What about the 1.6; presumably a development from the DS3 Racing and old Mini Cooper S engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Marcusm wrote: »
    What about the 1.6; presumably a development from the DS3 Racing and old Mini Cooper S engine?

Development is a big word...

PSA claim that the chain issues are gone now with redesigned chain guides, but I still would be very cautious

• Advertisement

I see Citroen have facelifted the C5 Aircross with a new look front end and rear lights undated also. There's a total redesign of the dash, the dash is much more like the new C4 and the new C5X. It's scheduled in Europe this summer, so we'll probably see the facelifted C5 Aircross in the autumn this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,613 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Citroen seems to have been totally forgotten by buyers in Ireland.

DS range even more so despite the fact they look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Agreed. Another example of an innovative, once-famous brand that was left to fester by their masters. Think Saab, Lancia, Fiat ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭goochy

DS was stupid idea , they should have got buyers more used to DS models before launching them as standalone brand.

Hopefully Gowan group will reinvigorate the Citroen brand again , they did well with it many years ago. There was not such a gap between citroen and Peugeot when they were importers before.

• Advertisement

DS and Citroen are now imported and distributed by The Gowan Group since April 2021, so we'll see how they do over the next few years with DS and Citroen sales.

As of December last, Gowan have bought FCA Ireland, so they now have responsibility for importing the Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Jeep and Fiat Professional here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,613 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Ah, I missed that or forgot. I thought they'd been under Gowran control a while

Expect to see fiat's and Citroën at opel dealers especially Opel sales so bad

We're kinda getting off topic on this tread, but I'm assuming you mean sales here in Ireland - I don't think Opel sales are "so bad" here, yes they could be better, but their range of vehicles wasn't great of late either. However, I do think the sales of Citroen here is bad, and I think that's not all down to their range, I think Citroen Ireland (International Motors (IM Group)) who was responsible for Citroen, DS and Subaru have done a terrible job here with these brands. We will see over the next few years how this plays out, but yes I expect to see big changes in the dealerships here.

yes Opel sales are bad , some dealers have even started selling Suzukis to keep afloat . That would never have been the case a few years ago.

Suzuki are distributed through the uk subsidary and that seems to work out well but didnt with IM group.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Suzuki - 1200 cars last year between 24 dealers - a car a week each.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Pity when the Swift is a cracker.

Considering the decent demand for Peugoet models like the 3008, canny buyers should be looking at Citroen equivalents as fundamentally the same car.

Suzuki dealers overheads very low and they usually sell other brands and used cars of different makes . Compared to the likes of Honda and Mazda they are doing ok as Suzuki were never in the same league sales wise as Citroen , mazda and Honda but now sales

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The unpopular Citroens won’t have the resale of the Peugeots (Never thought I’d say this) which are in demand.

Cheaper to buy ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Citroen were always regarded with a bit of suspicion by Irish buyers. Of the three big French makes Peugeot have by far the best reputation with Irish buyers going back decades..

See a smattering of C3s about (they’re great value), a few C5s. I’d say the vans are possibly more popular than the cars I see them everywhere. Esiecyalky the smaller one, the Berlingo (?)…in white!

I think Opel’s sales seem to have lifted a bit of late? Seeing the new Corsa fairly regularly. That’s a good car to be fair to it.

So bland though like most of opel dealers range

I like it but not in poverty spec. Love the new Mokka and that design language. Slightly retro but totally modern and clean at the same time. I think Opel have turned a corner

https://www.gowanmotors.ie/article/opel-mokka-top-gear-design-of-the-year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye the new Corsa is very bland both inside and out but I disagree with the rest of the Opel range being bland. The Astra is stylish, the Grandland classy and stylish Mokka the same.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Again, Stellantis will feel this car holds it's own in European sales. After that, it's the UK market for RHD and anything achieved after that in Ireland is an added bonus.

In H1 2021 the C5 Aircross achieved European sales of 33,900 units. To compare that to two darlings of the Irish market the Hyundai Tuscon sold 72,500 and the Kia Sportage 47,300. So the C5 shifts 47% of the Tuscon sales and 72% of the Sportage sales across Europe.

That'll do when the second best selling model in the Compact crossover market is the sister model Peugeot 3008, which hoovers up 82,400 sales.

Advertisement