Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Fight (Good Wife Spin-off)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

RTE are advertising a new series starting on Tuesday on RTE 1. This was the slot previously used for Blue Bloods. IIRC Good Fight was previously on RTE2 on Thursdays.

Is this a new series or has it already been on C4?

Entertainment.ie has it listed as S2 Ep1

Started airing in the US around March last year, so it will probably be the same for Season 3?

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Icsics

RTE are advertising a new series starting on Tuesday on RTE 1. This was the slot previously used for Blue Bloods. IIRC Good Fight was previously on RTE2 on Thursdays.

This was on C4 last yr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

It is new to RTE.

From the Irish Premiere Dates thread
    brian_t wrote: »
    The Good Fight season 2 starts on RTE1 on Tuesday 22nd January at 10.15pm.

The Good Fight’ Sets Season 3 Premiere Date On CBS All Access – TCA

CBS All Access has set Thursday, March 14, for the Season 3 premiere of its drama series The Good Fight. The subscription SVOD and live streaming service announced the date during The Good Fight TCA panel Wednesday with series co-creators and executive producers Robert and Michelle King and cast members Christine Baranski, Audra McDonald and Michael Sheen.

I guessed correctly: -
    corkie wrote: »

Started airing in the US around March last year, so it will probably be the same for Season 3?

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Hope Michael sheen doesn't spoil it.
    He's one of those people I find really annoying for no particular reason.
    Just his face, or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,751 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Addle wrote: »
    Hope Michael sheen doesn't spoil it.
    He's one of those people I find really annoying for no particular reason.
    Just his face, or something.
    I generally like him.....but that ad makes him look a bit scenery chewing....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm a little worried about Sheen here; neither love nor hate him but he's definitely someone prone to overacting - and from the trailer he looks to be chomping at the scenery all right. Hopefully all that boisterousness is just a professional act meant to disarm opponents.

Stoked about this coming back, Season 2 was as good as The Good Wife in its pomp. Certainly makes no bones about its view on US politics, but told with enough tongue-in-cheek, and resigned laughter, to get away with it. Diane is definitely the mouthpiece of the writers IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I agree about Sheen and his overacting I really hope they got his casting right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Season 3 to premier on March 14th

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/1034315-good-fight-season-3-trailer

Edit: Beaten to it already!

Coming soon to More4 according to Film4.

Their repeats of series two end on Wednesday 27th March.

• Advertisement

DigiGuide has just pencilled this in as starting on More4 on Thursday 28th March at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    The Good Fight season 3 starts on More4 on Thursday March 28th at 9pm

What a great opening episode.

NDA diddy

The struggles of what to watch on Netflix.

Oh and of course sexual harassment at work.

Hunting with the Trumps :pac::pac::pac:

#MeToo

The drama and comedy is so perfectly mixed I love this show.

NDA diddy

#MeToo

Ohhhh this is definitely on my to watch tonight!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oooh it's back, yay! Think I'll wait & watch it at the All4 pace :)

Oh yes and watch the closing credits for an extra giggle.

NDA diddy

#MeToo

Really fun first episode of the new season.
    I even liked Rose Leslie in that episode which is rare, hopefully more cush jumbo in next few weeks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I thought it was pretty poor actually. Its gone a bit silly and trying too hard to be funny and out there. Shame really.

Michael Sheen I did giggle a few times however I think they could have gotten someone more subtle to do the whole over the top than Sheen. Hopefully he won't take up too much screen time over the course of the season.

I want to throw Axes now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I want to throw Axes now.

https://www.axethrowing.ie/

There's actually a place in Galway you can do it (yes, I want to throw axes now too and looked it up!)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

NDA diddy

#MeToo

Have loved it since beginning but I'm so ****ing sick of metoo, trump, sexual harassment, hearing about racism, the only thing missing was Brexit.

I WILL drop it if they don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Show has really lost its way. Its gone from a drama with some well timed humour into a farcical comedy.

Really enjoyed this weeks episode.
    Michael Sheen was insanely OTT but it worked for the character.
    I liked seeing a bit more Cush Jumbo as well she is a really strong character.

I can do without the songs every week though if I am honest, fine as a once in a while.
    I would also like to see some more cases with people actually in court...but hey only 2 episodes in

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Show has really lost its way. Its gone from a drama with some well timed humour into a farcical comedy.
    Based on the latest one, yes I'd agree. Michael Sheen is just plain annoying and the courtroom shenanigans are cringeworthy. Not started well in Season 3 IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

fonzie-jumping-the-shark-gif-6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

The show is starting to waiver for me.
    It started out as a show involving a Bernie Madhoff-style wealth fund scandal, and a black-majority Chicago law-firm - a show which essentially played it straight for the most part but could also crack a joke - now we have Diane with literal Trump-derangement syndrome, meeting people in underground car-parks and talking to her husbands gunshot wound. Mya found magic spectacles and Michael Sheen doing his best Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman impression. Its a show in danger of becoming 'Ally McBeal 2.0'.
    It needs to get back to basics.

For anyone that missed the first two season,

Starting late tonight 01:55, RTE 1 have a repeat showing of S01E01.

https://entertainment.ie/tv/rte-one/?date=29-03-2019&time=after-midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

corkie wrote: »
    For anyone that missed the first two season,

Starting late tonight 01:55, RTE 1 have a repeat showing of S01E01.

https://entertainment.ie/tv/rte-one/?date=29-03-2019&time=after-midnight

I loved the first 2 seasons. After watching the second episode of season 3 I'm not sure I'm liking the direction it's going!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

2smiggy wrote: »
    I loved the first 2 seasons. After watching the second episode of season 3 I'm not sure I'm liking the direction it's going!!
    3rd one is not a whole lot better but a little bit more settled.

Advertisement