Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a decent Rugby app

• 22-03-2019 9:14pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ultimate has gone to pot recently, are there any alternatives?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I haven't noticed any problems lately with ultimate.... If anything I've noticed it's more stable that it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Only complaint I ever had for UR was when the ads on the free version lagged the whole thing when they were about to make the move over to the pay model but I like the app so much that I subscribed. Not one issue since.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I haven't subscribed, any time I open it it takes ages.

Only thing left in the free version is the score, can't see the lineups or comments any more.

Leinster app is also not worth the space on the phone..

• Subscribers Posts: 40,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Steve wrote: »
    I haven't subscribed, any time I open it it takes ages.

Only thing left in the free version is the score, can't see the lineups or comments any more.

Leinster app is also not worth the space on the phone..

The full version is worth the tenner per year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The full version is worth the tenner per year

But, but.... that's like the same price of a bag of chips in the RDS.... LOL

point taken. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I've moved to tribe it's a decent app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

+1 for Tribe. I moved there after a recommendation from another poster here. Great customisation of your home screen, shows you only the leagues and teams you want to see. Notifications can be excellently tailored too, to prompt you with as much or as little as you'd like to know. It works for many sports also, but I have it configured just for rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Additional note I should add, I moved to it after losing my crap with Ultimate Rugby who decided that the starting lineup should be hidden behind a paywall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Third nod for Tribe. Not just rugby, it's pretty great for other sports too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Hmmm, thanks! Looks good. I, too, got sick of in-app marketing from Ultimate Rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Gonna give Tribe a shot.

Tried tribe but it wanted access to either my facepuke or google account so said no. I have neither on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Steve wrote: »
    Tried tribe but it wanted access to either my facepuke or google account so said no. I have neither on my phone.

Downloaded it yesterday on this recommendation, it just requires an email address for verification, not access to your google account.

It’s pretty good to be honest, especially as you can customize it to your interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Still using UR, like most have said its grand with subscription. By any chance does tribe have lineups and scores for eagles games? Eg Celtic cup

I'll try it again, normally I'm quick to delete stuff that asks for that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

stephen_n wrote: »
    Downloaded it yesterday on this recommendation, it just requires an email address for verification, not access to your google account.

It’s pretty good to be honest, especially as you can customize it to your interests.

I'm getting a wee bit tired of the create account page that keeps popping up when I open the app though

Advertisement